Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 Badminton schedule & results

Discussion in 'Commonwealth Games 2010 - Badminton' started by Loh, Oct 4, 2010.

1. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

yeah, their results update is crap. How does 1 win the 1st set 10-6 and win the 2nd set 21-11? haha

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

How about in XD, 2nd game was 22-21.

Really poor stuff and extremely frustrating

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Match was on BBC digital, Scotland v India should have as well (and was on Indian tv). Hope at least something will turn up ...

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..do you know which yr Huang CC won the Dutch Open (i assume in WS)??..i know she won the Australia International Open WS title a couple of times..

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Damn, Scotland lost 1-4 to India :mad::crying::( we still qualify in 2nd though:)

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Results
    MX: Watson Briggs and Imogen Bankier lost to V. Diju & Jwala Gutta 21-11 19-21 21-18
    MS: Kieran Merrilees lost to P. Kashyap 21-14 21-11
    WS: Susan Egelstaff lost to Saina Nehwal 21-8 21-16
    MD: Watson Briggs & Paul Van Rietvelde lost to Sanave Thomas & K. T. Rupesh Kumar 21-13 21-16
    WD: Emma Mason & Jillie Cooper bt Jwala Gutta & Ashwini Ponanppa 21-1 21-0.

http://www.badmintonscotland.org.uk/content/view/1717/1/

Winnipeg-born Carl Baxter (pictured) got England off to a winning start against Canada, beating Alex Pang 21-18 21-11. But world No. 41 Anna Rice levelled the contest when she defeated No. 36 Elizabeth Cann 21-12 21-19 after trailing 18-15 in the second.

That was not only the first match England had lost in Delhi but the first games they had conceded.

But Chris Adcock and Anthony Clark restored England's lead when they defeated Jon Vandervet and Toby Ng 21-11 21-14 and the winning lead was achieved when Heather Olver and Mariana Agathangelou beat Michelle Li and Alex Bruce 21-14 21-14.

Robertson and Wallwork after win agaisnt CanadaEngland completed a 4-1 win when Nathan Robertson and Jenny Wallwork won a three-game battle with Ng and Grace Gao 21-18 21-23 21-13.

http://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/s...sh+with+Scotland&section=13&sectionTitle=News

Quarter-finals: Singapore v Australia, Malaysia v New Zealand, Canada v India, Scotland v England.

Line-up:
    MX: Nathan Robertson & Jenny Wallwork v Watson Briggs & Imogen Bankier
    MS: Rajiv Ouseph v Kieran Merrilees
    WS: Elizabeth Cann v Susan Egelstaff
    MD: Anthony Clark & Chris Adcock v Paul Van Rietvelde & Watson Briggs
    WD: Jenny Wallwork & Gabby White v Jillie Cooper & Emma Mason

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Waste of tIme... the indian pair just wanna get over this?

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    1st real test for S'pore shuttlers

The Straits Times
    Oct 7, 2010

NEW DELHI - AFTER having it easy the last three days, Singapore's shuttlers will finally get their first real test in the mixed-team event today.

And it could not get tougher.

First up: a quarter-final tie with Australia. Although team manager Chua Yong Joo described the match as tricky, Singapore should breeze through.

And that should set up a semi-final clash against defending champions Malaysia, led by world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei and Hafiz Hashim, a former All-England champion.

Malaysia are already looking past Singapore, towards a possible team final against either India or England.

'We need to win at least one of the doubles against India should we meet them. If we play England, there should not be an issue as we have enough depth in all departments and should win with ease,' Rexy Mainaky, the doubles head coach said.

Singapore's Yao Lei will likely partner Chayut Triyachart in the mixed-team event against Australia today. -- PHOTO: LIANHE ZAOBAO

Attached Files:

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Commonwealth Games: Lee leads Malaysia into badminton quarter-finals

Channel NewsAsia
    07 October 2010 0320 hrs

NEW DELHI: World number one Lee Chong Wei's speed and deception led Malaysia into the quarter-finals of the Commonwealth Games team championship on Wednesday as his side clinched fourth clean-sweep success.

Lee started his team down the road to a 5-0 victory over Australia with a 21-17, 21-8 win over Nick Kidd.

Kidd, twice a former English national champion, certainly had his moments though, as did the whole Australian team, whom Malaysia men's doubles player Koo Kien Keat had some praising words.

"They played better than we thought they would," Koo said after he and Tan Boon Heong had guaranteed a winning lead for Malaysia with a 21-17, 21-14 victory over Ross Smith and Glenn Wharfe.

"We were surprised because they had prepared very well. We didn't underestimate them but we didn't expect this," Koo commented.

Earlier Australia's former Taiwanese international Huang Chia-chi led Wong Mew Choo, the 2006 Commonwealth silver medallist, by 14-10 and 16-13 before losing the best women's singles match of the tournament so far by 21-17, 21-17, and the final encounter, the mixed doubles went to three entertaining games.

But it was Kidd, once an itinerant player but now a part-timer who works as executive officer of the Badminton Association of Western Australia, who impressed with deeds and words.

"I've wanted to play him for a long time," said Kidd, who was born in Papua New Guinea, based himself in Avon while representing England 15 times, then moved to Malaysia, and is now Australian national champion.

"Lee was steady and tricky today. You can't get a rhythm playing against him," he said.

"But I was fine with the fitness - in a big match like that you get a rush of adrenaline.

"But it's difficult in Australia since there are so few players. We've got big money riding on sports like cycling and swimming. It's all about developing the sport there."

Malaysia now play New Zealand who finished second in group B after losing 5-0 to Singapore, whose doubtful reward for finishing top of that group with four wins is to face the encouraged Australians.

Earlier India took another step towards their goal of reaching a first Commonwealth team final with 5-0 win over Wales and a 4-1 success against Scotland in which Saina Nehwal returned to the team to beat Susan Egelstaff, the best British player, by 21-14, 21-11.

Nehwal, the first Indian woman to win a Super series title, had earlier been rested and replaced by Aditi Mutatkar, the world number 32 from Gwalior, who gave herself the 23rd birthday gift of a straight games win over the Welsh national champion Carissa Turner.

India had a hard fight in the mixed doubles against the Scots and conceded the final encounter the women's doubles, apparently to ensure their players remained fit enough for tussles to come.

The home country now plays Canada, who suffered their first defeat by 4-1 to England, the 2002 champions.

That means the English, who have won all their four matches and finished top of Group C, but are by no means at their best, have to face a stern challenge from their rivals north of the border, Scotland.

They also have the twice former world silver medallist Anthony Clark still recovering from dental surgery and a problem in the women's singles spot - but the odds are still on an England v India semi-final.

Group A
    Malaysia bt Australia 5-0
    Nigeria bt Seychelles 3-2

Group B
    Singapore bt New Zealand 5-0
    Sri Lanka bt Jamaica 5-0

Group C
    Canada bt Falkland Islands 5-0
    England bt Mauritius 5-0
    Mauritius bt Uganda 4-1
    England bt Canada 4-1

Group D
    India bt Wales 5-0
    Scotland bt Kenya 5-0
    India bt Scotland 4-1
    Wales bt Barbados 5-0

- AFP/de

Attached Files:

10. skyblue

skyblue Regular Member

TV1 will bring live feed from 2.05pm-4.17pm
    12.30am for highlights
    10pm-12am maybe hv some scene
    Stay tuned

MAS badminton team will play their QF match on 1.30pm Malaysia Time
    according to website, MAS had lined up Hafiz and Chan Peng Soon Goh Liu Ying for MS n XD

11. snowflake

snowflake Regular Member

thanks for sharing

#131 snowflake, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  12. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Chong wei not playing???

13. Angelineayht

Angelineayht Regular Member

Student
    Is is today ????

14. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Ha ha, that's nothing compared to having an incorrect medal table.

Earlier today, I saw Singapore with 5 golds, 4 of which was contributed in one shooting event. Malaysia had 3 extra silvers courtesy of cycling.

15. toaster81

toaster81 Regular Member

Malaysia VS New Zealand

XD

CHAN Peng Soon/WOON Khe Wei bt TAM Henry/HALIDAY Donna
    1 - 0
    11:5 : Retired

MS
    HASHIM Muhammad Hafiz bt WU Joe
    2 - 0
    21:11 21:12

WS
    CHEAH Li Ya Lydia bt CHAN Michelle
    2 - 0
    21:12 21:11

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes I thought my eyesight was getting worse when I saw those numbers, hahaha. My initial joy was quickly diminished as I frantically tried to double check from that frustrating website again. The confirmation stands at 2 golds for SIN as stated in our own Sports Council website, with an additional silver and bronze from shooting.

17. Angelineayht

Angelineayht Regular Member

Student
    When is this match ??
    I've already miss all the matches of Malaysia because i cant understand the schedule
    Very frustrating !!

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Malaysia is safely through to the SF without dropping a game, it seems. They should meet Singapore in the SF. Can Malaysia continue their good run or can Singapore score a huge upset?

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I wish I could gather the details of the SIN vs AUS match. My instincts tell me that it is going to be a tough one for SIN.

20. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    in Malaysia, according to Astro time, 11 pm is the badminton semis, I presume Malaysia will be telecasted live? Missed the quarters hust now, thanks for the updates! and yeah, it's really confusing, don't know when and what time will badminton be on, and what team will be playing... hope the individual events will be clearer...