elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    wow...so confusing comment, wanna elaborate more ke???

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

LOL, thought you now like 'Kiasu' land better. ENjoy & feel good in the F1 session

3. eaglehelang

Sensitive issue lah, shhh

4. danielwong

Salesman
    he went to feel good in F1 now lar...no time to reply...
    i hope he support our Petronas Team LOL

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

aiya,LCW is not elite back up/back up player.. don't talk here la:D:D.. wakakak

6. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Is that some sort of misunderstanding going on? I was talking about many people who complain for the sake of complaining in general. I am not sure if you have misinterpreted my post but my previous post wasn't specifically talking about nokh88(although I admit he has sort of high expectation on the backup). If I was talking about nokh88, I would have replied to his post straight off but not going through you. (No wonder nokh88 seems upset with me...haha...I wasn't specifically commenting about him really)

Regarding your stand about LKW/CPS....I sort of agree but not entirely. I think we drew a different starting point, hence the disagreement. I will only count them as non freshie if they start playing SS or GPG event regularly. Yes they have competed in GP event in the past, on and off. However, they will not get enough exposure unless they compete in GP gold regularly as MD(note: not as XD), which I believed is not the case as I seldom see their name appearing as a pair in MD. GP and GPG/SS are at a different level all together. The anology will be: GP is at college level while GPG/SS is more like university/renowed university in academic level. The standard is just not the same, in my opinion. Would you expect the players who train all their life together till 30 before going to competition to do better than the young lads that is in their 20's but have been exposed to tournaments for years? I don't think so, considering badminton is a sport that rely alot on playing quantities. You just need a lot of different sparring partners of very high standard in order to develop yourself to be a complete player. It's not the biological age that matters but the experience and exposure to different ball game.

And I don't think MHC/TWK and GWS/TKS? have many exposure at GPG level and above either before the first half of 2010. Please don't get me started on the MS...haven't seen the MAS backup for ages in tournament. The only other Malaysian flag bearers that I can remember of(in MS) other than LCW are Hafiz Hashim and Wong Chong Hann.That's all.

Well, you can remind them if you wish but I guess they have grow up enough to think for themselves now:p. Anyway...hope MAS continue to do good in SS tournaments.

Let's keep feeling good and be nice to each other and the players as well:D.

#566 lcleing, Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  7. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i sense a group hug coming up....

8. eaglehelang

Pls refer BWF ranking : http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/player.aspx?id=1697&player=107943
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/s...2868E8-24C5-43E2-B9B9-69309EB2A10B&player=118

CPS/LKW has been permanent partners in International tournament since July 2009, they won Thailand GP Gold. Bf that, from June 2008 to June 2009, CPS took turns to partner LKW & Razif Latif, mostly with Razif.

Mak/TWK have been paired up longer than CPS/LKW, since Jan 2009. Participated in GP, GP GOld more, same case SS they seldom participate other than Msia. TWK also plays XD with WKW
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/s...6F74FF-7FC2-407D-B3CA-1B956917662F&player=121

GWS/TKS are new partnership, from Nov 2009. They started off in International Challenges, GP due to their low ranking. Started participating in GP Gold at 2010 Macau after they won Vietnam IC in April. They fully focus on MD, once in a while GWS plays XD.
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/player.aspx?id=1697&player=107970

Mak/TWK, CPS/LKW do participate quite regularly in GP, GP Gold but not SS. SS is where the top pairs participate & I consider 2010 China Masters their starting pt of participating regularly (i.e. 7 to 8 SS per year). Other countries young pairs like CB/ZN, Kim/Shin, Cho/Kwon have been participating in SS for some time. Ko/Yoo, Fang/Lee, Chen Hun Ling aka Harry Potter, Bona/Ahsan also we often see their faces

9. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Hey eagle, thanks for the info. I think I might have a memory lapse...can't recall them playing so many tournaments for the past one year. However, CPS/LKW only compete in 5 GPG level(I think German is only GP) or above thorughout the past one year and I just have a feeling that other young MD pairs are more exposed to them like what you said about Ko/yoo, Fang/Lee and co. If I am wrong, just ignore me...age is catching up and do not have so much time to keep track of badminton stuff. Nevertheless, I think they did well enough to upset the more established players in this series of SS tournaments. No shame if you asked me really.
    Wishing them and the other MAS pair to have a better success in the future and more importantly, BAM giving them more tournaments in the coming few months.

10. eaglehelang

LOL, lcleing, it's ok, the info not for you only but for all cos some dont check 1st bf commenting ;);)

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Back-up shuttlers to get pay hike

"The main reason for the review to BAM's incentive scheme is to strike a balance between the financial gains of the performing players and the back-up players. Currently, the back-up players' allowances are far too low and we have to look seriously into this," said Chin Chai.

"The idea is for the back-up players to gain a four-figure allowance based on achievements while the allowances of juniors based at the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) and the junior back-up players should also see a rise.

"We also cannot just slash the incentives as it will have a drastic effect on the top performers. Thenew figures will not be too harsh on the players.

"We also have to ensure we have the financial resources to maintain the incentive scheme and adjustments will be made accordingly."

The back-up players each receive RM500 monthly, junior back-up RM300 while BJSS students receive RM50 monthly.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/43murusanks/Article

yeah
    guess what
    someone start to earn 4 figures(highest among all back up)since 2008
    thats why u have a thread like this
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?89409-Players-Analysis-Mohd-Arif-vs-Chen-Long;)

12. danielwong

Salesman
    with the new pay hike coming soon, hope that the back-up will be motivated to achieve respectable results...

13. smashwide

smashwide Regular Member

Busybody
    The recent Mds did a so-so job as they havent consistent in producing great results.
    All players already in the squad for so many years and nothing great to show.
    Only some minor upsets...we cannot rely on the unstable pair of KKK/TBH to carry the show
    all the time. Hope the news of pay hike will motivate them. Or else it will be a wasted efforts.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Badminton: Daren makes quarter-finals

NATIONAL back-up shuttler Liew Daren advanced to the quarter-finals of the Indonesia Open Grand Prix Gold beating giant-killer Misbun Ramdan Misbun in East Kalimantan yesterday. Daren defeated Ramdan, son of national coach Misbun Sidek, who upset Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro on Wednesday, 21-14, 21-14 in the third round.

Daren will next face Indonesia's Alamsyah Yunus, who beat compatriot and top junior player Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo 21-10, 21-19, in the last eight today.

Read more: Badminton: Daren makes quarter-finals http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/osdoihbvs/Article#ixzz12Q81pcUT

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Skillwise, Daren's pretty good. His weakness is his stamina.
    I wonder if BAM knows this:
    To win a match, work on the skills.
    To win a title, stamina is paramount.
    The moment Daren improves his stamina is the moment he will go places.
    Why is it so hard for BAM to understand that?

16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I like the enthusiasm and passion of the youngsters. However, I think its good for them to set a target on age, like if you are 23 and above an yet to be top 3 of the country, better go further studies and work. It'll pay better. Not sure if there are target sets and have a good discussion with the coaches. Its good for BAM though to see these youngsters fighting it out for a spot. ;)

I don't mean to put a wet blanket; its good to face some reality at times. Unless the family is rich enough to support them. ;) All da best. ;) Oh, are the juniors doing as much training as LCW? If not, why? What is stopping them? ;)

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    good question... if they work as hard as Datuklee.. and still not producing result better to further studues

18. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

This is more on displine, i think...!

19. danielwong

Salesman

I do agree with your point although I know many will not...

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I agree that his skills are actually decent for a MAS backup player but he made many, many, many unforced errors. Even though he has good skills, if he doesn't have the accuracy, I don't think he can win. ;)