Yonex Shuttles - what do the numbers mean?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by FlyingTiger31, Jun 14, 2010.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i can bet all my properties they are not genuine!

they may look like as 50 but they are not as 50

you should ask them to contact yonex, japan for orders!

2. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    Don't buy it, not that i am racist or anything you cannot trust Chinese people when you are trying to make business with them unless you trust them and they are a close friend. I know that because one of the host i play with bought 50 dozen but the sample were perfectly fine.

Because if you did the logic thinking 1 sample may cost you lots the 50 dozen of shuttle the profit they gain is probably more than 20% if they replace with fake ones

3. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    Fake yonex

some clues for identifying fake yonex products:

Attached Files:

4. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    thanks for spotting it out pBmMalaysia normally if you were to purchase any equipment or anything from the internet you should get it from a trusted site with good ratings and positive comments. Great work spotting it out with just merely photos.

5. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    just say i have a long history of retailing and wholesaling popular badminton brands and stringing experiences and i don't like these fake product supplier.

even trusted site may give you problem so if prices are not much different try support local dealers, just my advise.

6. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

Thanks pBmMalaysia for your explaination :)

But honestly when you have an online price of $10 for AS-50 and at your local (trusted) retailer, you can understand that I go for the cheapest one.
    Now if the $10 one is counterfeit I cannot only blame myself. Ok I would always go for my local retailer but they are very expensive.

I looked on http://www.yonex.com/badminton/counterfeit_products/index.html for how to spot fake rackets so I can see which are genuine and which not. For shuttlecocks there's is nothing yet.

I'll looked for other good shuttlecocks then instead of the $26 Yonex AS-50. Am looking for something around $10-$12

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..they are not genuine Yonex AS shuttles...but as long as one doesn't pay reg. genuine Yonex AS shuttles prices for them, i guess that's fine with me..just consider them a different brand or lower quality shuttlecocks..

#27 ctjcad, Jun 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    not paying the original price for fake yonex shuttlecock is fine with you?

wobbling and inconsistent speed fine?

i can understand your standard of play unless you are talking about playing outdoor!

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    sometimes its more economical to use shuttles say medium grade. you can change more!

but not yonex medium grade like as20 or as30, they are still too expensive and do not last!

choose the commonly used brand in your area - just see the used shuttle lying on the court can tell you roughly the popular brands.

10. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi,
    Please do not put word in other member's mouth. Interpretation of meaning is fine. Accusing and personal attack is a little over the top. I respect you have retail experience on major brand badminton equipment. But calling other using substandard shuttles is OK while the other is not, that is a little step out of line. We respect other opinion. If you have question or confusion, ask nicely and you should have a nice answer. I hope I am not offending you in anyway, I would like to see more civilized posts. Also picture in your post is some help.

FYI, Yonex did not bother to post how to spot fake shuttles because for the experienced user, they are very easy to spot. Also, it is not economical for YY to track them down because after the first tube, the player will use better quality shuttles from other brand.

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Sorry. I did start a thread on fake YY shuttles. I think that is a better place to discuss the fake shuttles issue while this is for meaning of @$$ model number.

12. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    Normally no one play's with Yonex AS shuttlecocks becoz of its price, for general like training or anything. But in competition they would use depending on what the comp is and who is the host. Because the host (usually a club) can get shuttlecocks from the distributor instead of retailer.

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    really? my english meaning that bad? :eek::eek:

maybe i missed out and should have include the next line... ;)

"i think the person must be skillful to play wobbling and inconsistent speed" :cool:

thanks for your comment but next time don't jump too fast, for me it ok :cool:

for others they may not like it ;)

14. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    You didn't really specify anyone so i don't see how its offensive in anyway just could be irritating to the person but not me personally.

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes but others think otherwise..

anyway a quick clarification would solve everything..

btw, i am trying to read through all the shuttle post on this topic "playing fake yonex @ $10/tube is the same as low grade shuttle @ $10/tube''

give me sometime

16. bill681231

bill681231 Regular Member

I will buy Yonex Birdies directly from Yonex China official dealer, AS-03 and AS-02 at $10 and $9 per dozen. But the shipping is expensive, $3 per tube if I buy 50 tubes at a time. The final price will be $13 for AS-03, $12 for AS-02. I think this is a good deal and worth the effort.
    If you know someone who’s importing goods from China, and is willing to help in the shipping part, that will bring down the cost by a dollar or two.

If you see anything cheaper than this, it is 100% fake. I see some label price for AS-10 at $5.5, and the seller tell me that they are "high quality fake". I am curious enough to try it out, not bad for a $6 minus shuttle!

If anyone want to buy from the same source that I buy from, and you konw someone in Guangzhou China, I can send you the Yonex store address. But I really can't garantee you will get the same price like I do. Cause my friends in GZ they play with some retired pro, they are friends with the store owner.