koo/tan advance to the wc final,let us heard what will the criticizer said?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2010' started by limsy, Aug 28, 2010.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Really? So does that mean that the WC will be held every 2 years after the London OG2012?

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

no...
    it much like this:
    2011, 2013, 2015.. so on
    turn to be 'odd' year instead of 'even' year

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    even years are TC/UC. odd years are SC/WC.

see? ;)

4. xiangyu

xiangyu New Member

IT Analyst
    KKK and TBH played really well. Too bad they did not follow up with the momentum after winning the 1st game. Its great to see the Malaysian pair fighting till the end.

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Really? Shows I haven't been following the news. That means half the even years will only have TC/UC.

6. LeeCW

LeeCW Regular Member

Engineer
    sigh.... Rexy also carry bags for them!

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

They just have to cut dowm their 'silly mistakes'...mostly by KKK in future....too silly to repeat that in future !

8. rosmah

rosmah New Member

have to say, koo and tan yet flatter to deceive again. until 2day, still unable to become world champions even though they are in de circuit long enough ady. looks like all de wining, dining and song after winning de single AE,AG dragged dem down to bottomless pit where they still kenot climb out.

but for boleh-fans, hope springs eternal and their datuk and koo/tan will always train harder and win de next big thg, almost.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Wah, Malaysia's first lady is here..............lol

Right, just critic but dont be too personal...........

10. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

I think my main concern or so-called critism will be KKK/TBH need to be consistent in
    the future.....Now, they enjoyed so called "high" in 2010, but if they cannot sustain,
    I forsee more critisim towards them...ie. if they lost to unknown, blah blah in the 1st or
    2nd round of next SS tournament....i hope they can keep up the momentum...
    agree??? jasonmarc??;);)

11. naistav

naistav Regular Member

KKK was awesome, TBH smash was great. Too bad that they still lose.
    FHF smashes were sharp as his trademarks and continuous like Kido, d*mned :D

12. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Koo & Tan has given their best effort in yesterday's final, unfortunately it was still no enough to match Cai & Fu's form yesterday.

I hate to say this as I hope Koo & Tan would have won yesterday....but in terms of physical fitness...there are very few pairs that can compete with the Chinese duo.

I can tell Koo & Tan was getting tired towards the end...

If I'm not wrong, it was around 13 - 18 in the deciding game, I remember Fu was just keep on smashing that birdie from the back around 4 consecutive times & Cai finally finished off at the front...the shuttle speed reached 308Kmph....unbelievable....

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, KKK/TBH have managed to improve on certain aspect, like more determination, fitness, better attitude, better stamina etc....but seems like still enough to win a top level competition...so keep it up, they need further improvement in all aspects to be complete like CY/FHF or even better than the World Champion.

14. aresya

aresya Regular Member

so sad that they lost last night ...

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    this is a bit weird
    why the crowd always cheer for koo/tan in most country but they are not welcomed in bc?

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think BC members also cheer for KKK/TBH. just look at the tournament daily threads.

many BC members, esp KKK/TBH home supporters tends to be a bit over-critical of them when they don't perform well in tournaments.

however, this time around, i am seeing a lot more positive feedback on their overall performance in the WC than we have ever seen. most people thinks that they have performed their best, they have tried, and lived up to their expectations and skill. which, given how tough the critics are here, means that KKK/TBH did impress a lot of people.

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

If like that, the criticism will be coming soon, during Japan SS as they normally dont do well in Japan & tournaments immediately after WC, until...October. Jasonmarc, got see this trend ?:p

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and personally, i have been following badminton for years, i have seen many KKK/TBH matches. this is one of their best. i don't tend to judge shuttlers on whether they won or not won a match. i tend to judge them by their attitude, fighting spirit, and how well they perform to expectation. this is the reason why i am always very impressed by Japanese players. even though they hardly ever win anything of significance in the badminton circuit, they have always played badminton with total commitment, passion, and always work 110%. just look at Hirose, i have never been not impressed by her.

and i think many fans also do the same. KKK/TBH are very talented badminton players, maybe even more talented than most Indonesian and Chinese MD players. however, they always underperform for lacking the above mentioned properties. it is better to lose gloriously than to win without a fight. and fans knows that. that's why KKK/TBH has been criticized for so long.

today however, it is a different KKK/TBH than usual. they fight, they tried, even though there are mistakes here and there, i think most fans can tell they have tried their best, and it is better to lose this way than to lose because one plays one too many trick shots.

19. visor

visor Regular Member

I think most of us critical supporters see that they have the raw talent to win titles for MAS... just see how well they did in their 2007 debut year. However, due to poor discipline (mentally, physically, nutritionally!) in the past 2 years since then, they have been lacklustre as compared to the other top 5 MD player pairs.

I think most of our criticisms are valid and are constructive. Only by knowing their weakness can they improve to their previous level. It's just that no one wants to see their talent wasted if they didn't dig themselves out of their mediocrity of the past year.

However, in this WC 2010, they have shown significant improvements, and have truly redeemed themselves.

20. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Despite losing out in the finals, they played a really solid match. Some things just didn't go their way in the end. They have a lot to be proud of. This is the Koo/Tan I love to watch. When they're at their creative best :p. Full of confidence, inspiration and fighting spirit. There have been times in the past where they've just looked like they didn't really care. But this wasn't one of them! Hope they'll keep up the optimism.