Koo Kien Kiet/Tan Boon Heong/Rexy Combination

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by jug8man, Jan 22, 2007.

1. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Just leave them be, pBM. Eventually, one party will grow tired and give up. Probably is better for us to leave them alone to sort out the problem themselves. Like many said, no point giving a particular party extra attention(that includes you PBM;)) that they do not deserved. Just ignore it.
    Meanwhile, I will sneak into Bath Uni and pay them(KKK/TBH) a surprise visit. I will tell them that they aren't so well received in BC :D;);):p. Just kidding

#721 lcleing, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    oh...please do... and tell them no point being w#1...

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    When I was in primary school, repeated spelling mistakes would end up with the english guru punishing me to write a 1000 lines...."it is threaD, it is threaD....."....hahaha!:D:p

4. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    I think I have missed out a lot then. Thanks eagle by the way...

#724 Aspire, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Thanks for?????????

Do go! Tell CPS also congrats for upcomng marriage.

Ceh, people susah payah go look for the vid & watch again(fast forward of course), some more say not eager, not eager what for ask so many times. :mad:

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Ctjcad actually understands I think, but he just wants to ask more and more, to have an insight on more of our opinions. :) I think only, I am not making a statement here! :)

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..to back up your claim/definition, which i did mention i believe/trust it, correct??..:cool:

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The good thing about badminton now is no one can really dominate for too long. Everyone gets a chance to win it once they are on form and also based on their will power. ;) Good to set the expectation low. When one wins it, its a bonus. ;)

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Cheh Chang wants good start from top pair

Sometimes, they find it hard to hit it off right away,” said Cheh Chang in a telephone interview from England yesterday. “This could be dangerous because it could affect their confidence. I hope they will go into the tournament with the right attitude from the start.”
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong have a first round bye and will take on Czech Republic’s Ondrej Kopriva-Tomas Kopriva in the second round.
    They should get past the Kopriva brothers to set up a meeting with Chai Biao-Zhang Nan of China.
    If they clear that hurdle, they will face the formidable South Korean pair of Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung.
    “We have told them to use their first match against the Czech pair as a warm-up. We want them to go all out. It will be a boost to their confidence when they take on the Chinese next,” said Cheh Chang.
    “It will be more challenging against the younger China pair, who gave Koo and Tan a tough time before going down in the semi-finals of the Malaysian Open.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/17/sports/6868897&sec=sports

Kien Keat to watch his weight ahead of tournament

“I have a penchant for food. I travel extensively and I try all kinds of food. I love Asian food the best. I remember a noodle dish I had in Macau ... that probably was the best,” said Kien Keat
    “I also like England and French cuisines.
    “Some of their steaks are a delight. In fact, I enjoy watching Jamie Oliver’s cook shows during my free time. But I do not over-indulge.”
    Kien Keat is so concerned about his food intake that he is cooking his own meals in Bath.
    “Since I only take light meals now, I decided to cook myself. I am not taking any chances in the preparations for the world championships.
    “As a badminton player, I know the importance of watching my weight.”
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong have looked fitter in recent tournaments.
    In fact, at the recent Taiwan Open, they showed improved physical strength en route to losing to South Koreans Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung in the semi-final.
    “Boon Heong and I have shed a few kilos. We are giving emphasis to our physical training programme. We hope this will give us an extra edge at the world meet,” said Kien Keat. The Malaysians are in the same quarter as China’s Chai Biao-Zhang Nan and South Korea’s Yong-dae-Jae-sung.
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/17/sports/6868896&sec=sports

no disturb?
    ask those reporter stop interview is the best way
    even u in bath
    u still get interviewed
    lol
    lame

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    if like that i would change my opinion on their skill in handling such important and expensive program

might as well stay in malaysia with 20 freezer surrounding them everywhere they go

even toilet

just to get climatized...lol

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    imagine now you hear people talking english... then all of a sudden you hear people speaking french... acclamatise? ;) fake lah. If win also lucky shot. Better train in Malaysia or genting. lol. Good luck and all the best. Once kkk can pass lyd, I think they should have the confidence to win it. Hopefully not loosing in earlier rounds. Being the top seed will sure get more attention. So better jaga2. ;)

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Rexy’s job on the line

THE outcome of several major tournaments this year may determine the future of Rexy Mainaky as a coach with the Malaysian team.

But the Indonesian is not worried about what the future holds.

“I have done the best and will continue to give my best. I plan to stay in Malaysia, whatever the outcome,” he said.

“If I am needed, I will stay on to prepare the team for the Olympics (in London in 2012). If not, I plan to set up an academy or do some coaching for aspiring players. I plan to stay in Malaysia. My family and I like the place.”

In fact, Indonesia approached Rexy to return home during the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold tournament in Johor Baru last month but he turned down the offer.

His contract with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) will be reviewed at the end of the year.

Part of the assessment will be based on the results of the doubles shuttlers in the world championships, New Delhi Commonwealth (Oct 3-14) and the Guangzhou Asian Games (Nov 12-27).

The former men’s doubles world champion, who promised to deliver a world champion when he was roped in by the BAM in 2006, believes that good times will roll for top seeds Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong in the world championships in Paris.

The odds are against them to make a difference but Rexy said that the time was ripe for the duo to make a statement in the championships.

“There is no better time than now for Koo and Tan to achieve something special,” he said.
    “They have featured together twice in the championship but did not live up to my

expectations. This time, they look more composed and steady. I see the same desire to win from both of them. I hope they will make it.”

Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who received a first-round bye yesterday, will take on Ondrek Kopriva-Tomas Kopriva of the Czech Republic today.

The bigger test, however, awaits them in the second round, most likely against China’s Chai Biao-Zhang Nan. And if they advance, they can expect a match against their bogeymen, Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung of South Korea, in the quarter-finals.

“Physically, our players are looking good. They are ready to face the demanding challenges ahead. I hope they will be able to show what they capable of,” said Rexy.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/8/24/sports/6906563&sec=sports

i will tag this as brainless decision if he get fired:rolleyes:

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So, Koo/Tan beat limsy's favorite player LYD :)

14. olympic

olympic Regular Member

If KKK-TBH keep their momentum and never give up attitude like in todays' match,a spot in final not a problem.After beaten JJS-LYD,this is their best chance to enter to the final.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..guys, should KKK & TBH win the MD title, i have a strong feeling BAM will definitely pick Bath to be the training center for next yr's Worlds and the 2012 OG..what do you guys think??..

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

They already decided to do that for badminton : AE 2011, WC 2011, OG 2012

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I dont think so. There are some people inside BAM who is not happy about the Bath outing. Now we only have one Malaysian Flag flying.. where we saw lots of Japanese, Indonesian,China and TAIWANESE and European flags around.

Now probably LCW will blame the Bath outing for his QF exit.. ;) ehhehe...

No doubt Taufik played very well. He deserve the win.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..how abt after the 2012 OG??..

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

LCW said the sudden back injury cause him the match.

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

KKK & TBH suddenly have a chance to salvage Rexy's career (and their own career:p)..imo, a WC title would go a long way to secure Rexy's position in BAM's national coaching staff..let's see..

*george, how did LCW's news got in here??..:p