New Protech racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by sihker, Mar 8, 2010.

1. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    too bad they dont suit my needs :(

2. sennannes

sennannes Regular Member

Freelancer
    LOL. Yup, almost all solar system planets minus Mars, Earth and Pluto from their series. Wondering why don't they release the Venus and Uranus, and the Sun and the Moon as well. That should complete the solar system.

You must have watched too much of Star Wars. Perhaps they should have Krypton from Superman too? Haha!

Protech Classic, I have seen them. Trio, consist of Classic Master, Classic Pro and Classic Tour.

Not to my liking, perhaps.

Saw the Synergy Gold too, didn't buy it. The Nano 9999 Kevlar and some other weird Nano old and rare versions.

Enough of it now. Haha!

3. sennannes

sennannes Regular Member

Freelancer
    Yeah, perhaps I might as well keep the Eclipse 2 orange and blue for my collection purposes. LOL.

Hardly use them after I have now trio of Armortec 700 Limited and trio of Nano Power 990.

Seems like the rest of them are fitted quietly in the collection bag.

My Blue Monster and Strike 900 are for in-game borrowing, as they are only of 23-24lbs, should suit the female players since I play mixed doubles too. LOL!

The rest of them are the solar system racquets on 28lbs, kept aside since I have now raised the bar to 30lbs and am loving the tension. :)

4. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Actually i wouldnt mind except that u stay in M'sia while i stay in Sg....heheh....so not convenient to deal...heheh

5. hola4

hola4 Regular Member

Just came back for JB. Surprise that Honly didn't carry the latest Protech racket. :eek:

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    You can find the Protech rackets at Permai.

Understand that nowadays both bosses do not wish to compete against each other. You will find certain models of rackets/shoes are available at Hongly and not Permai and vice versa.

7. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    if you guys want to, i can get it from KL.
    im driving down to singapore on the 17th.

8. cutesam

cutesam Regular Member

student
    Im selling a brand new PROTECH Eclipse (Blue or Orange) with RM180 only. Im from Ipoh ... other PROTECH model also available. I can give discount if you buy more racquets from me in the same time.

9. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Thks for the info....save me some searching...hehe

10. Porky

Porky Regular Member

I juz did a quick search on the internet and find that the price of Protech Eclipse is really very wide range...from cheapest RM$105-120 to US$99 also have...i'm really puzzled by the hugh price difference....any idea how come some online shops like badminton avenue or worldbadminton can be selling so cheap? Got 1 guy in forum.lowyat.net selling the cheapest...heheh

11. sennannes

sennannes Regular Member

Freelancer
    Yeah, for example post #68 by @cutesam, MYR180 for a new Eclipse orange/blue. Assume that it has string and grip included, it would still be expensive.

I have got my both Eclipse orange and blue for the price of MYR120 each inclusive of string and grip.

To be honest, I have somehow abandoned both these racquets aside as I find them appealing, but not to my liking of playability.

Perhaps it is time for me to change their strings and to the current tension of 30lbs which I have adjusted to, as compared to the previous 28lbs.

@barca96

Mate, you're driving down to Singapore on the 17th? Heading off abroad soon?

12. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Eh bro so ur eclipse is actually RM$210 or RM$120? U confuse me liaoz....then u were saying earlier that a decent protech would cost RM$150, so i suppose ur eclipse should be RM$210? ;p

13. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    yea going to ozzy in august. but to singapore to meet my grandparents, an old friend and neighbors :)

14. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Sianz.....Permai and Honly both dun have all these planets-named protech racquets....Permai only got Neptune....Honly worse, only 1 model of protech, which is quite old model i think....any idea where else in Sg or JB likely to have this series of protech racquets? Seems like not very popular in JB and Sg

15. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Juz went to checkout Queensway S.C, none of the shops carry protech, even if have, only a few super old models....even 10&10 at bras brasah which i previously bought 2 protech racquets, now also limited models liaoz....seems like a dieing brand in Sg which is funny as i do find their racquets are good quality...sigh....really dunno where else to look for it unless go online buy...

16. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    not sure if the distributor in singapore carry the protech rackets perhaps you can check with them
    http://www.protechsg.com/home.html

17. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Nope....they only got protech shuttlecocks....selling proace/apacs/flexpower racquets....sigh

18. gumbow

gumbow Regular Member

IT Manager
    saw from Protech's website, a racquet has a Type called "Contrast"... what is that??

it is usually amongst these 3 Types : "Power", "Stroke", "Control"

19. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Better post a link, didn't find any racquet with such name.

20. sennannes

sennannes Regular Member

Freelancer
    Hi. It is actually the playability of the racquet.

http://www.protech-sports.com/html/sports.aspx?PID=10&ID=4&PIndex=|1|2|4|10|&Repost=True

Look at the Protech model named Charger. Protech Charger. Probably typo on the website.

I suppose the Contrast = Control, but typed wrongly instead.

Protech should update their website though.

I have seen new models of Viper 3 and Uranus being released.

Besides that, anyone interested in buying the planets series Protech racquet from me?

I'm having Mercury, Neptune, Jupiter, Saturn, Eclipse Orange and Eclipse Blue.

Only the Mercury and Neptune have slight paint chips due to doubles play. The rest are absolutely looking brand new.

Strung with Protech Absolute Gold Series strings of 0.66mm gauge at 28lbs tension with Protech star black grip.

Interested? :)