Supersporty shuttles review

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by sihker, Jul 12, 2010.

1. sihker

sihker Regular Member

This post is more a reminder for me, which shuttles I have tested from Supersporty. Tried to get tournament grade(or near it).

DHS 211 - someone made a copy/paste marketing talk from tournament grade shuttles(DHS 101). The feathers are yellow (you can use the excuse: The dog peed on my shuttles instead of dog ate my homework), the stem is really thick. The shuttle itself feels like from wood. Durability is average.
    Verdict: Will not buy again :)

JinQue Blue - whiteish color, average durability, slightly unstable flight, too fast at 78. Nothing to write home about.
    Verdict: Will not buy, unless I get them really cheap.

Aeroplane EG1130 - much praised shuttle. In short, I was not disappointed.
    Verdict: Will not buy again, unless I get from somewhere cheaper :D

Untested Aeroplane green, red and JinQue AAA. Will review, as I test them out. What I did not buy from them was Yang-Yang and Protech. Maybe someone can fill the gap.

Previous experience with 300B(didn't buy from Supersporty): Good shuttle - excellent flight, nice(not best) durability, speed 77 is sometimes too slow here.
    Verdict: If you can get it at discount, buy them.

2. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Maybe they should make a 77.5 for you :D

I have bought from here but for a discount per tube buy from his store on eBay, a £13.80 tube of shuttles will cost £13 if you put that in as an offer.

Yang Yang 300B, Speed 77 -

Fantastic shuttle for the price, lasts a good 2 games easy. Flight is excellent, my fave shuttles.

JinQue AAA, Speed 78 -

Speed is ok for here but durability is lacking a lot. Lasts a max of 1 game. Very good flight though.

Though all these shuttles are better than Yonex

3. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Nah, 78 would do. Don't know, why they offer everything in 78 and Yang in 77. And what yonex are you comparing with?

4. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Well 100% better than AS-30 and 40 and near on a par with AS-50 but i still prefer Yang Yang for the price. I just don't find Yonex feathers durable.

5. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Aeroplane Green, speed 78. 6 games, 4 shuttles. I was left with reasonable warm-up shuttles. But the feather is thinner and the feel is different from Black.
    Verdict: For this price ain't worth it :)

Side note: Seems that the price/perfomance ratio from UK is altogether a bit pricey for me, so take the reviews with a grain of salt :D Or kg.

6. DannyMorello

DannyMorello Regular Member

Clerk
    between sea lion black/white(RM53 in teluk intan) n yang yang 300B(can't find in teluk intan).. which is better? n anyone can help where can i get these yang yang shuttlecock in malaysia?

7. sihker

sihker Regular Member

Aeroplane Red, 78: 5 games, 2 shuttles. Not bad, but quality is not top notch. One shuttle wobbled sligtly out of box. Feel is not premium either, but a nice shuttle never the less.

Thus far not reviewed JinQue AAA in singles.

8. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

Is the shop known as Supertec on Ebay?

9. Bcalchess

Bcalchess Regular Member

Tried a couple of tubes of yang yang 99A and I am not that impressed. First bird out of the tube had a broken feather and lasted 2 hits before crashing & burning :-( Things got slightly better after that. Most shuttles flew straight and felt good at contact but the durability was poor. Average 1/2 game per shuttle. IMO a false economy. Pay a bit more for a premium shuttle that lasts!