Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It is in a sorry state in MAS MS that both WCH and LCW are still fighting for the title. Where can we find new blood??

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

George, be very careful when you make such comments. Joking or not, it sounds very much along the same lines of LD being generous, and we know how much the Boleh fans cringe at that. You don't want to open up a whole new can of worms, do you?

3. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Absolutely agree. However, There's a big difference between LD's fans and LCW's fans. For LCW's fans, we quickly reprimand such inapropriate act when we encountered this, where-else LD's fans jump on the the bandwagon and spread the practice throughtout the whole BC(The most obvious one being matches against CJ in AE 2008, 2009 SO matches against LCW, 2009 IO against CJ, 2009 Chinese national game against CJ,2009 EAG games against CHJ, 2010 AE games against BCL and 2010 SO against PG. You should be able to find those records in achieve).

However, I don't really like the sound of the part in bold. I don't think TH and CJ's fans enjoy the practice from LD's fans either. Tell you what, since george's has this 'unique' characteristics that almost exclussively possessed by LD's fans, perhaps it's for the best for him to switch to the LD's fans list, so that this 'tradiational practice' can be kept exclussively within 'one family'(i.e. the LD fans club) only.

#3863 lcleing, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  4. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    I have the same feeling as George.
    Was LCW giving his fans 'value' for their money by giving Uncle WCH a game or has Uncle WCH improved so much that it took LCW 3 games to subdue him?
    Uncle did not beat TH by fluke and I believe he has become a 'thinking' player.

5. cclau74

cclau74 Regular Member

LCW plays a very goood attacking game, knowing that WCH defence is weak.

Anyway it's an exciting match to watch especially the 2nd game.

6. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    This may be the reason for the 3 games. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chong Wei urges BWF to step in after surviving two bad calls

By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei has urged the World Badminton Federation (BWF) to seriously look into the quality of line judging after surviving two bad calls en route to retaining the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold men’s singles title at Stadium Bandaraya in Johor Baru yesterday.
    It was the second consecutive time in a final after the Indonesian Open last week in which Chong Wei had to endure poor line calls.
    And he hoped the BWF can introduce electronic line calling technology along with a player challenge system, which is currently used in world tennis.
    Yesterday, Chong Wei dropped a game for the first time in the second-tier international tournament to get the better of compatriot and veteran Wong Choong Hann, winning 21-8, 14-21, 21-14 in a 47-minute final.
    In the decider, it all looked well and fine for Chong Wei even though he faced some resistance from Choong Hann. But he almost lost his cool halfway into the game following two poor back-to-back line calls.
    “The consistency of this (poor line judging) taking place on the world stage has made me a little uneasy. But I am glad that I managed to win my fifth Open title,” said Chong Wei, who was the winner of four Super Series tournaments this year – in South Korea, Malaysia, England and Indonesia.
    “I can accept it if they were close calls but they were way out of the line. I did not make a big issue because I was playing against a fellow Malaysian. In Indonesia (against Taufik Hidayat in the final), I had to bear with it because I was playing at their home ground.
    “The poor quality of line judging has to stop. I admire what is being done in tennis.
    “They allow players to challenge the call by linesmen and a replay takes place.
    “Badminton can do the same to maintain a high standard in the game.”

The Star Sports Page 12th July 2010

#3866 skchen, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 FIFA World Cup: Goal was not given when the ball has dropped pass the goal-line

Not only BWF should use (TV screen for) video replay, but also many other Sporting Authorities/Associations.

In one of the matches at the 2010 FIFA World Cup, a goal was not given when the ball has dropped pass the goal-line. :(:(:(

8. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Congratulation Datuk LCW.....again(can any backup please beat this guy....:mad:)......or i will:D:D:D:D

9. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    i like lee chong wei but .. what if that happen in all England ? he might have lost the second game .... and what if again.
    maybe it's like FIFA .... they (BWF) like controversy

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Only Lee Chong Wei can prove me wrong

IMHO, this year 2010, LCW should win more tournaments than last year.

Only Lee Chong Wei can prove me wrong. :p:p:p

12. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    FIFA is rethinking about using technology for goal-scoring when the referee's decision is questionable.

13. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    It is questionable whether LCW would have lost in the 2nd game of the 2010 AE MSF.
    Assuming it was 20-20, then LCW and KT would have to fight it and who knows what the outcome would be.

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

COngrats to LCW for winning and retaining his Mas Open GP GOLD again!:D..
    :)

and yeah, the technology HAS to be introduced:rolleyes:

Hope Bwf can look into things.. They can do 1 step ahead of FIFA of course;)

15. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    ****************************************************************************************

BWF cannot afford the type of technology that ATP for tennis can.
    The least BWF can do is to use instant replay for questionable calls and to implement immediately and not 2 years later.
    Please refer to The Malysian Star Sports Page of 13th July 2010.

:(:(:(:crying::crying::crying:
    **********************************************************************************************

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I see.. SIGH, i thought they can overtake FIFA by improving these at first..:(

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Chong Wei says it’s important to perform well in Majors

“There is another half year to go and chances to win more titles. I will do my best to retain the Macau Open title,” he said.

“Setting records are small goals. It is more important for me to do well in the world championships, Commonwealth Games and the Asiad.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/7/14/sports/6660395&sec=sports

;)

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Commonwealth no problem, but the main problem is WC and AG only. Well, good luck LCW! Hope 2010 will be the best year for you! (I think it already is ;))

19. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    He should aim 2012 Olympic as his best year...
    of coz World Champion this year to be complete...

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Hehe, then maybe aim 2010 is the second best year :D