Badminton schedule

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by erictung, Jul 6, 2010.

1. erictung

erictung Regular Member

Basically I started a group lesson from 4-6pm every Tues, Wed, and Thurs for the month of July. I usually go play badminton on thursdays, sometimes friday and saturday.

Today was the first session and I come home dead tired because we did 30 minutes of footwork in the end after we had our games.

I've decided to lay off badminton on thursday and go play on friday and saturday. Each time I play is about a 2 hour duration.

I talked to my friend and he said that if I try really hard during these lessons three days in a row, I can tear ligaments and cause damage.

My question is playing 10 hours of badminton a week too much or it might be too tiring on body? (I'm turning 17 and I have summer school during the day XD) And any useful tips to prevent injuries from playing badminton often? Resting strategies?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!!! Thanks!

2. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

The key is quality rather than quantity...

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

hmmm, your freind I think may be exagerating a bit, if you don't warm up before hand, with light jogging, and streches, then yes you will get injured, however from playing consecutive days won't tear your ligiments.

I play 4 times a week during School term and 6 times a week, during Summer, today (Saturday) is my only "day off" it depends how seriously you take badminton, if like me, you want to get as good as possible, and get to National level and even international level, then you need to train as much as possible, if you just want to play as a hobby, then you can play when you wish.

And no 10hrs isn't that much, there is 168hrs in a week. I train 17hrs a week in summer, and on top of that I do fitness and Footwork.