Apacs Tantrum 200 analysis

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by shooting stroke, Jul 2, 2010.

1. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Note: The content and approach of this review are based from my own personal opinion according to the level of my game play. Adjust accordingly with your level of game play to make proper decision and judgment. To facilitate my review, certain range of moderator will be used when necessary.

1. Testing Information and Parameters

Testing Information and Parameters.JPG

2. Racket Specification

Racket Specification.JPG

3. Racket Performance Analysis

Control Department
    3.1.1 Net Play

Net Play.JPG
    [FONT=&quot]
    3.1.2 Clear

[/FONT]
    Clear.JPG

3.1.3 Smash

Smash.JPG

3.1.4 Drop Shot

Drop Shot.JPG

3.1.5 Drive

Drive.JPG

3.1.6 Lift

Lift.JPG

3.1.7 Serve

Serve.JPG

3.2 Power Department

Power Department.JPG

3.3 Defense Department

Defense Department.JPG

3.4 Dynamics / Feel

Dynamics 1.JPG
    Dynamics 2.JPG

4. Comment
    4.1 Performance Analysis Comments

Performance Analysis Comments.JPG

4.2 Overall Racket Comments

Overall Racket Comments.JPG

4.3 Summary
    - An excellent all round racket.
    - Suitable racket for both double and single because it has excellent performance in control, defense and power.
    - Among the best high end all round racket available in the market that is recommended for both offensive and defensive type of play.
    - Can be bought at an affordable price for those who are searching for a high end, excellent, all round replacement racket.

2. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

Great job on the review!

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I can't say I agree with all the findings, but this puts the vast majority of BC reviews (including mine) to considerable shame! How long did it take???

4. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    My gosh, are you a professional racket tester ! some detail review. Thats what all the members here should be aiming for next time they post a review . Ok, who want to do one of this for the L90

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Mmmmm your test took 1 year though, so not much chance of a Dinkalot style table for about 50yrs......:)

6. BJOOI

BJOOI Regular Member

marketing
    Shooting stroke: 2 thumbs up for you... keep it up with you great job and hope to hear from you again..

7. shooting stroke

No staiger, i'm not a professional racket tester:D:D...just a hardcore badminton fan like you

It took me ~ 1 year bro..

Sorry for the microscopic table presentation, if it was not from the help of our friend drifit:), this review would not be presentable at the first place since i made it using MS word 2007. I'm trying my best to be as detail as possible for the benefit for all BC members. Hopefully it helps or at least it can provide some idea for those who are going for this racket.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

Good effort you put in there... but often times racket testing is subjective and relative.

Meaning different people will place different emphasis on different aspects, and also you need to compare to other rackets you've used or tested for a more comprehensive feel of the racket. Eg. how does it compare to similar rackets like NS9.9k, Trinity 2, Zelm 9900, Woven etc.

9. barca96

barca96 Regular Member

studen
    thanks for the review.
    looks like a thesis :lol:

10. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    can anyone introduce a good high end APACS racket for defensive players in double?

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Apacs Tantrum Light.

12. shooting stroke

One possible choice or any Apacs racket that is head light....but then having a suitable racket for defense will not improve your defense if you don't have the correct technique to play defensive since whatever racket that you choose at the end WOULD NOT DO THE DEFENSE FOR YOU BUT YOU WILL DO THE DEFENSE FOR THE RACKET:D

13. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I am getting contradicting reviews on this racket... oh well i shall try tis racket on monday..

14. starsugar

starsugar Regular Member

I'll buy it 2moro n try at night..

15. shooting stroke

This is because, since the level of game play that exist varies hugely from one individual to another thus resulting in a good racket held in one hand will not be a good racket for another person;).

16. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Nods with agreement...

17. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant

thank you for your advise.
    i am newbie for apacs racket range...i am yonex fans.

May i know details reason why you intro Apacs Tantrum Light for defensive double players?
    personal experience? defensive play = lightest & fastest racket range ?

what about this racket stifness? was its flex range coz stiff range diff to tame ?

18. direstraits

direstraits Regular Member

Professional Whiner
    May not be relevant, but i've found the Apacs Tantrum Light Exclusive to be less than ideal. It's light alright, but doesn't seem too stiff, and clears generate vibrations. The stability leaves a lot to be desired.

19. gk_sezhian

gk_sezhian Regular Member

Best Apacs racket

Great Analysis ! Worth reading!

If possible can you suggest me the Best racket you have played with .As you are deeply analyzing its always beetr to go with your suggestion .Im an offensive doubles player but looking a mild head heavy one .

Tantrum Is it head heavy or Head even balance.Apacs-uk its mentioned as head heavy?I used yonex Arcsaber 10 I disliked it as it is even balance.

Please do suggest ( any brand) a good racket for attacking (60%) and ( defense ( 40%)

rgds
    GK

20. shooting stroke

Personally, the best rackets that i've played with were Yonex 1st generation Armortec 700 Offensive, Yonex Armortec 900 SP and Apacs Tantrum 200 .

However GK, referring the question about "the best racket" is a subjective topic and the preferences will be different from one indvidual to another. This differences of preferences exist because the techniques applied, style of play and physical attributes is unique to that individu and will vary from another indivual hence, the best racket used by him will not be the best racket used in another individual hand. Therefore, eventhough the above mention racket that i stated will be the best racket for me but maybe it will not be the best racket for you and similarly, whatever racket that is best for you will not necessary be the best racket for me my friend.

What is important in identyfing the best racket for GK begins by critically identifiying first all the information about what are the character of player you are, blend that information with the racket that has the specification that meets your requirement, scout for such racket specification, TEST it and FEEL it and narrow it down before deciding the best possible racket that meets your style of play.

You stated above that you are an offensive and a double type of player, therefore, as a start, you need to find your self a racket brand that has the specifications that blend with this important informations:
    - An Offensive racket = Head Heavy Racket ( Observe its Balance weight)
    - Racket that suitable for double = Manoueverable racket for good control = light racket (observe its racket weight)

What racket brands that has this specifications?. This answer will require you to scout and that is the benefit for having BadmintonCentral since a lot of BC members will help you by suggesting what are the racket for such specifications, posted suggestion and review i.e http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...inkALot-s-Racket-Review&highlight=dink+a'lots.