Reviews on yesterday games Malaysia Vs Indonesia

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cups 2004' started by pptam, May 12, 2004.

1. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

We need many voices like that to give Mal team a wake-up call. We all have high hopes of Mal team and believe in the players to be the best. However, watching badminton matches since the 80s, my comment is Mal does improve, but other countries (Denmark, China, and Korea) improve even more. So, they move to forward while Mal team is left behind.

Mal needs a muich better system to increase the pool of players. Mal is not like China and INA to have millions of people to pick the best. So, players in Mal need to train harder and more discipline than China and INA. This is fact of life in order to win.

Also, Mal players need to get more fit. I notice the players are either overweight (Lee WW, Chong TF) or too skinny (singles players). That only tells that they probably do not undergo systematic training program.

Last but not least, they need better uniform. The Gosen polo-shirts simply do not look unprofessional. Mal has many good tailors. I suggest they design and make some for Gosen next time.

In sum, we all want Mal to be the champion. We all want to point out the weakness and help Mal team excel !

2. Nrlll9

Nrlll9 Regular Member

:confused: malaysians are pretty fit. you dont see skinny people like taufik on the malaysian team or fat people like mia audina. malaysia hasnt gotten any worse. indonesia has always been a stronger country.

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Just not good enough

It's OK that we don't win as we are quite thin on paper, even if we advance to semi, we most probably get kill by the opponent on that stage. Indonesia is a better team than Malaysia but not as strong as China and I can't really see why China can not run away with the Thomas Cup title this year.

4. Nrlll9

Nrlll9 Regular Member

of course china's the best. they have more people and more money to put people into tournaments.

5. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Of course, calling Koo Kien Keat 'KKK' ain't really nice if you know what I'm saying; brings back the thought of bed-mattress-wearing white supremacist group in the US...

How about calling him Triple-K?
    That'd be cool, as cool as Triple-H! ;)

6. shawntn

shawntn Regular Member

I like labeling him "K*K*K". New dangerous kid in town.

Bed mattresses are to heavy to be on your head. Try bed sheets?

7. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

LOL literally, that's really cute.

8. rejang

rejang Regular Member

I watched the qtr-fianl encounter bet Indo and M'sia on the webcast. Quality was good at the beginning but faded badly later- guess it is because more people got on the web later.

Anyway I must say I am disappointed with M'sia's performance. I was applaed by Wong CH's play. He obviously had better net play and was reaping points from it in the first game. But for some mysterious reasons, he never tried to engage the net in the 2nd and 3rd game. Instead he relied on overhead clears which ended in the half court most of the time and got slaughtered for it. I am not sure the reason he refrained from netplay was due to the 2-3 times that he was faulted at the net. Anyway if this was what the coaches asked him to do, they have to seriously examined their heads. Simialrly for an experienced player like Wong CH to did what he did or not change tactics to take advantage of his superior netplay in themiddle of the 2nd and 3rd set is incredible. In fact it seems to me that the M'sian team (specifically Wong CH here) never even bothered to watch and analyse their opponents' play and apply the right tactics. I watched Lin Dan beat Sony in the previous encounter. Sony was OBVIOUSLY weak in retrieving smashes and drops on his backhand. Lin was reaping points after points by attacking his backhand. How could the M'sian team never pick that up at all- these guys must be sleeping when Lin/Sony played!
    Roslin against Taulfik was like sending the lamb to slaughter. How could Misbun is his right mind made such a decision!
    Choon/Lee was incredible in their game. I guessed they realised that they have to buck up after the various screw-ups of theirs in team matches of past. This is the level and capability that they can play and one wonders why it never manifest in their games much?
    KKK is a discovery. I noticed that the Indonesians had great difficulties with his smashes. If only his mopre experienced partner had performed up to his mark (and did not give away so MANY serves), it would hav been a different semi-final tonight.