BAM in a MESS! 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ants, May 14, 2010.

1. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I believe that's not what we, as a community want, either. It is never about anti-nadzmi or whatever, and personally, I never trust the act of pointing finger to be a good move, in any situation. But there you go, the result speak for itself, and the fact is this : Malaysia is not good enough to win Thomas Cup, let alone Sudirman Cup. Like it or not, BAM has to take the some responsibility. And it is fair for the NGOs, or Malaysians in general to speak up. Wonder why they were not doing this to FAM before BAM

So I hope the memorandum was accompanied with good proposals, constructive comments. Merely asking the President to step down is childish, why not memo to re-construct BAM constitution, for example. There will be question on whether there is hidden political agenda, sure will. It is better to keep it neutral therefore.

The so-called shortcomings in Malaysian players i.e mental toughness problem, less focus etc. started within the BAM itself. Hopefully when we are capable to fix the big boss itself it'll do great help to repair the whole system.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    What amazes me is the disbelief among Malaysians that Malaysia was just not good enough to win the 2010 TC.
    I say wake up, in fact Malaysia was somewhat lucky to beat Denmark! What fat hopes do you have against China?
    Maybe the self-generated hype and reality were just too far apart. The former a pipe dream and the latter very down to earth.
    The "hurt" was the defeat inflicted by Japan and the humiliation inflicted by the Chinese on our world #1 MS and MD. But this was China's single-minded focus-to utterly destroy Malaysia's morale because China genuinely felt that a LCW win would have tipped the battle into a more even battle, and with home crowd support could have rattled the Chinese in the matches to follow. Yes, cultural differences did show and did matter, much more when stakes are high, and that made all the huge difference. LCW was completely demoralized and that "infected" all the other Malaysian players. In other words, Malaysian players were simply not mentally up to it when the first hurdle came crashing down so hard.
    Also, it is rather interesting to find Malaysian NGOs involved in this. I thought NGOs have more noble objectives. Maybe NGOs in Malaysia are different and they see Malaysia Boleh 2010 TC Champions that should have been but was not to be.

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Aren't we Malaysians aware that the country is now undergoing a process of transformation to remain globally competitive?

Aren't we aware that there is now a two party system so that every government related organisation must be subjected to KPIs. public accountability.
    due dilligence, governance ,transparency and performance benchmarking like other advanced countries like eg. Singapore.

Old alliances , comfortable relationships are gradually being re-examined, to gain public confidence. Aren't we all asked by the government to

report malpractices, inefficiency etc etc? Maybe I am not living in Malaysia now and blind to current affairs, do we Malaysians need to taught how to

suck eggs?

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I don't think Malaysia beat Denmark on pure luck. We know our WR#1's can do their job against them, it is up for the last three to deliver. Malaysia's luck relies on these three. But Persson seems to be just weak in that decider, so even then I think Malaysia won, fairly.

I agree with taneepak that the general public actually thought we had a chance. We don't see such a big hype about Denmark failing to reach the semi-finals in their nation. Why? Simply because they are not disillusioned by the fact that they could actually win the Thomas Cup. But what I find irritating is, some people say boleh-fans always think of their players as very good but actually they are players who are mediocre. Most Malaysia's fans in BC don't think that way of their players. At all. And one of those people should consult a dictionary before using words like mediocre to pass off as a person who is higher level than the rest of us. :mad:

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    good one. set the expectation correctly. ;)

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    they never learn
    believe me
    they never know to learn about others
    they only saw thing that they want to see
    that's why
    they always there,never grow up.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    When comes to the case of Ganga's sacking... Datuk Nadzmi can always sack him after the TC game. Why in the hurry to Sack Ganga? That is one question that Datuk Nazdmi still have no answer to.

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Would it make any difference to Malaysia's chances of winning the TC? The TC is the main thing. Personnel get hired, reprimanded, and fired routinely just like in any company. Sometimes it may appear harsh the way they were treated, but if there is any injustice then act like a Kapar Singh and resort to the courts.

9. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

well
    they never learn
    believe me
    they never know to learn about others
    they only saw thing that they want to see
    that's why
    they always there,never grow up.

Wow, Limsy speaks with more wisdom than people a few generations apart!

See, Malaysia is not that backward, we still have young talent, willing to learn.

TQ Eagle Helang,found the Ignore button and it works really well!

Now I can spend more time on Facebbok, World cup, Youtube, National Geographic, Meeting friends etc

instead of entertaining people trying to mock us or engaging us in useless debate round and round because
    they are so out of touch and dont realise it .Good luck to you guys.

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    hahaha... never too late to realize that lol...

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

So Denmark is not alone to see cuts in funding for Badminton Danmark. Now, revelations about NSC's funding cuts to BAM has suddenly caused a big hole in BAM's cash position that forced it to seek its own financing alternatives. With the current global financial mess every country is cutting back.
    Perhaps our players should also play their role and volunteer to have their pay/winnings cut before being forced upon them. This is solidity, unity, and culture? Let us see if Malaysia can boleh this.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    time before 2008 tuc
    player even paid their passport by themself
    and having rm 500 salary per month
    where a toilet cleaner earn more than them

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    so funny BAM...

14. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Unfortunately, besides LCW and TBH/KKK who are the standout players who made the big cash, the majority of BAM players, especially the women made little cash to begin with, so you target the wrong people. Someone said LCW worked hard, well so do the other players including the women who worked just as hard, but their hardwork does not translate into winnings, so after spent a lot of time pursuing this sport, when their stay is no longer welcomed, they have little to live by. Not every player can drive GTR;)

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

lol,lol .

Before that, need to wait 1 to 3 years before being paid their winnings, bonuses, etc. And...as one well informed BCer posted, before get paid, have to pay the income tax to government for future income :p:p
    Not to mention(after quiting BAM or retirement) having to live with & pay the medical healthcare for the injuries they sustained while playing for the country.

#295 eaglehelang, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    A Professional Players' Association should be handling these issues

This is really sad for players struggling with such hardship. :(:(:(
    A Professional Players' Association should be handling these issues.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this is not a joke

this is to show how profesional bam is
    bam boleh

and for the player
    some of them even need to work part time during that time.
    anyway,that is old issue;)
    it was partly solved only;)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    BAM stands firm

"We wish not to comment on anything regarding the demonstration and the memorandum handed over to BAM. The council meeting next week will be the time to deliberate all issues and all will be explained to the our members," said Kenny.

"We are in the midst of completing the post-mortem of the Thomas Cup and also working on solving the problems faced by the national players and coaches and trying to find adequate solutions.

"Preparation for the upcoming major events like the World Championships in Paris in August, Commonwealth Games in New Delhi in October and November's Asian Games in Guangzhou are crucial and we are doing everything we can."

"I'm surprised but let's wait for the council meeting where all our members will get a clear picture of what happened in the Thomas Cup and the efforts taken by BAM to solve the problems," said Tengku Kamil.

"They also wanted thorough fact finding done on the Thomas Cup failure and, finally, to unearth players with potential to make Malaysia a proper force in world badminton.

Read more: BAM stands firm http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/klmr-i93r-0i/Article#ixzz0p7Y9rP1Z

Let's give BAM a chance to redeem itself

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/opwvpjwvij/Article

BAM boss aware of memo

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/5/27/sports/6347230&sec=sports

19. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

An official said he was surprised by the demostration. Hahaha....so funny...

Oh yeah, that was the first time a demonstration like this was held against a sports organization in Malaysia. Well, FAM did not come first though :p

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    FAM is a lost hope case.... probably thats why no Demo. BAM if they do improve... soon it will be like FAM.