BS09 vs BS11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by datuklow, May 18, 2010.

1. datuklow

datuklow Regular Member

Student
    Congratulation, Datuk has just smashed his BS09 into pieces.....no use crying over spilt milk. Although my heart is crying.

BS09 served me very well, it became my favourite racquet. But i'll have it sent for repair, the performance might be a little different well, i guess somehow i'll get it back in one piece.

So now i'm asking our brave sword comrade out there, how do you rate BS11? Apparently the TW version label the stiffness more flexible than 09. Should i get the same 09 again? Or i should try 11? Please convince me.

2. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Datuk

I have tested every BS model. There will be a new model launched in summer but can't say anymore as yet.

BS 11 has a slim shaft which I feel makes it whippy. BS09 feels a lighter racquet and more flexible than BS11.

So it really depends on what you want. We all know who uses BS09 and he's been extremely successful with it. His mixed partner is using BS11 and she's won a lot too including contributing to the recent Uber Cup win.

I would say that BS11 is a stiff racquet than BS09 and a little heavier in the head.

Can't say more more, it's your choice. If you really loved BS09 then why not buy another? Or, ask yourself whether you really need the flexible shaft and can move up to something else.

Whichever you choose, you know you're buying quality.

To your success

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

3. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Oooh, new product leakage by Paul!

I like my BS11 the more I use it. It's stiff - but not NS9900 stiff - which gives it great accuracy, and it's just slight head heaviness gives it good punch without a trade-off in speed around the court.

4. datuklow

datuklow Regular Member

Student
    Thanks paul. :)

5. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    I have a review for both rackets under my thread : BS09 Reviews.

6. datuklow

datuklow Regular Member

Student
    I think the Superwave 35 is kinda attractive. Heard people prefer it than 11

7. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    SW35 is a head heavy racket - very nice. It's a very powerful, super stiff racket. Whether you will like it is up to you.

Whilst it's great listening to other peoples opinions, please make sure you buy a racket based on your views.

BS11 & SW35 are both really good rackets. Choose based on your style of game and how you feel about each racket.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

8. datuklow

datuklow Regular Member

Student
    Hey paul. I'd bought a bs09 again today. In the end my heart telling m to get it again. Really love it. I got TW version this time. The bottom cap is different! Black in colour

9. hduong

hduong Regular Member

I'm sticking with my BS09 too. BS09 is a great all around. Use my SW36 for times when all I fell like doing is smash.

10. happiboy

happiboy New Member

What is the differences between BS09 3U & 4U? I know that its different in weight but does anyone try both of them yet? what differences does it make in games? what are the advantages and disadvantages?
    thanks in advance. :)

11. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    Sorry i am digging this thread out because i dont want to create another, i just wanted to ask, is bs11 really stiff? i have a ns9900 and i cant do well with it due to the stiffness, so i am looking for something less stiff. I saw some comments that bs11 is an upgrade for bs09, but i scare it will be too stiff for me. The only thing concerns me about bs09 is the power.

12. Porky

Porky Regular Member

BS11 is not as stiff as NS9900...but if u want something similar to BS9, u should try BS12 as i think it's more comparable :)

13. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    I bought bs11 in the end, the shop i went to the boss showed me bs09 then bs11, at 1st he told me bs09 is a good racket, then i asked him about bs11, then he start to say bs11 is much better racket. At that time, he doesnt have stock for bs11 and he says need wait 2-3weeks for the stock to arrive, yet he asked me to get bs11 instead of bs09. The boss keep say nag me that's why i should book the racket with him earlier :) But i was indecisive that time, cant help.

I am in love with bs11 after 1 session, absolutely satisfied at first impression, enough power, less demanding and fast. When i use ns9900, i would have some aches over the arm but not for bs11, i need to improve more before trying to use ns9900 :) So bs11 met my requirement and i am happy enough.

Actually i used Spira 22 before, the racket feels like a wood to me, no feeling at all, which results is poor manoeuvring, mishit and miss the birdie, even after a few session, i still cannot adapt to Spira 22. Before i got my bs11, i felt ns9900 is much solid in hands and the feelings are great. Bs11 gave me such feelings, yet it is fun to play with and less demanding, this is the first time i got such feeling from Victor :D

#13 ben3003, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  14. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I used the BS11 as my go-to for a season of competition, and it's a solid racket. However, if you progress in your game I'd put money on you finding that it comes up short after a while. In he meantime though, I'm positive you'll enjoy it a lot!

15. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    I'm not an advanced player, probably somewhere lies between beginner and intermediate, so i found it very easy to use. But i think i stringed it kinda low at 24lbs, should have go 26lbs with bg66um.