2010 Uber Cup Final - Day 7, Saturday May 15th

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by simonlovers, May 14, 2010.

1. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Lol that's ridiculous faking an injury only because they loose...

2. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Don't think any sane coach would want an injured player to be on court.

My guess is this is just another drama plotted by LYB. If Du Jing was really injured before match, whoever decided to field her should be taken action against.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i didnt watch the uber cup final but i can say this. With strong record of success lately from the woman team, the chinese coaching staff have gotten a bit complacent may i say so. This uber lost is serve well to lyb and staff, a wake up call in preparation of 2012 OG. I would hate to see a string of success/domination by the chinese woman team just before the 2012 OG and get blind sided by surprises that korean, japanese, INA, MAS have store for them come 2012 OG

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Currently watching the last bit of the WD2 match (Set 3). The CHN pair certainly looked out of sorts and at 17-14, Yu Yang had to resort to "feign injury"? Hmm...

5. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    The Biggest Surprise of 2010

I never thought of Korea can overcome China in the Uber Cup Final. I didn't even bother to watch the game, also because of busy working schedule, I work on Saturday as well.

Until my brother suddenly called me on Saturday & told me that Korea had won 3-1.

My initial reaction was he's just kidding with me, I didn't check the results on internet, I watched the whole final replays which was shown later that night on TV to convince myself that my brother was telling me the truth :)

Full credits to the Korean Uber Cup team, they play with passion, determination & good strategy. They demonstrate to us that with good characters & high determination, they are capable of taking down the traditional powerhouses.

Badminton is far from being predictable, if u are willing to work hard & give your full commitment to the game, u can surprise anyone even yourself.

#725 ERTHK, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think you need to be a bit more responsible when claiming Du "faked " an injury.I watched the whole Uber Cup tie on Satellite TV and Du was injured in the left knee and was practically playing on one leg in the 3rd set. She was also subject to a lot of attacks by the Koreans in the 1st and 2nd set. I think she just aggravated her injury, I think it could have been unwise to select her but maybe the coach thought the match need not have reached that stage.A loss is a loss.
    Anyway watch the full version later. Everything I stated about the Uber Cup is based on fact, your you tube clip showed only a part of the story the uploader wanted people to see, so you have to see the whole picture.
    In the final analysis Korea chose a better team and won period. Probably some people were too confident of their players.Anyway just like LYB i agree that the result is good for badminton, sometimes even the best make errors in judgment but they will do better the next time. Congratulations to Korea for picking such a good team and unveiling such great players.,

7. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Yu yang wanted treatment for her elbow, it was a distraction but if you watched the whole match it is true that Du Jing was immobile and Yu Yang had to cover too much for her.
    I am surprised that so many of you can reach conclusions without watching the whole match.
    Anyway this is no excuse for losing, why pick an injured player? Korea was the better team on that day.China does not need excuses for losing, they'll be back better than ever with more experience.

8. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    Wow, Cooler. I don't believe this statement is from you.:eek::p:D (Sorry...)

9. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

You have to watch the match to believe it, Du Jing was actually immobile and Yu Yang had to run circles round her to cover her.

Probably the injury surfaced after the 2nd game. Maybe they or their coach
    thought they need not go 3 sets or maybe did not need to play at all?

Who knows? Looks like overconfidence. Maybe LYB just wanted to put out his young guns into the deep end to prepare them for the future?

Whatever it is Korea showed their mettle and would mount a serious challenge to China.

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Sorry Demolidor misread your posting, I myself cannot tell sometimes who's Yu and who's Du.
    Yes indeed Yu tried delaying tactics. But Du was really injured.

11. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    On Du Jing's injury, I can tell you that she was still limping yesterday. However I do not know whether she was injured before the match and aggravated it, or whether it was a new injury altogether.

What I do know is that she expended so much energy firing those missiles at the Korean girls. But the Koreans were really astute, sending defensive clears so high to keep Du Jing moving, which did not allow Yu Yang the chance to intercept early.

12. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Lol lots of people thought like you that the matches were going to be tiring :D
    but Korea did the job and your brother had the opportunity make you thinking of a joke..
    So sad I heard the arena was empty for the Ucup final :(

13. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    I think the majority sensible forumers here do knows and acknowledged the arrogance of LYB. Just the selected few who lived in denial.

Also you are right on his cheap trick if he were to win the Uber cup by boasting to the press that he played an injured player.

Fortunately, the Koreans torn him apart.:D

14. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    lol....the 'Mourinho' of Badminton ??? Arrogant...

only different tho..... :D:D

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    hey, could be ferguson too.

hated by many, confronted by none. LYB has haters, and like he cares ? I bet he's a good coach, by winning as much as possible, and that's all he need to prove.

I dislike him, ( o who will? ) for his i-was-never-wrong attitude, but yes, he's a good coach.

16. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    "confronted by none ....."

???????????????????? he was demolished by Barca... made to look like school boys.

17. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Hi Thom_bad, yup at first I really thought my brother was making fun of me, coz he knew I was working & didn't catch the live telecast :)

If I'm not wrong, the other side of the Arena (lower tier - furthest from the court) was quite empty:(

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

The stadium was about 25% full which was a shame. All those who had bought tickets/passes and decided to skip the UC final because they thought it was a forgone conclusion missed the most exciting tie of the whole week.

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

And not to forget the crazy loud Malay fella behind us who was whipping the (small) section into a frenzy. I enjoyed that :D

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The best thing was before the 4th match, when someone in your section of the crowd proclaimed, "Lee Kyung Won!!! I love you!!!!"

That really got the crowd going ...... :D