Ordering badminton racket online-need help

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by supergo, May 10, 2010.

1. supergo

supergo New Member

Hey everyone,

I've been playing badminton on and off for the past few years and would really like to get into it some more. The racket that I've been using was a Yonex Iso that broke recently, and I've been wanting to order a new racket online. I read up on some forum posts geared towards beginner-intermediate rackets and I think I'll go with a price range of $40-$60, and a bit higher if I could be convinced. One of the problems about where I live (Tampa, FL) is that there are no places that I know of where you can buy decent badminton rackets or get it strung. So preferably, I would love to just order a racket that is already strung. I don't know too much about stringing tension anyway. So where would be the best site for me to order from? I looked up a few ebay items and was kinda shocked at the prices.

For example, I found a Yonex Armortec 900 Power for $18.00, which seems really low compared to "normal" prices. Is this trustworthy enough to buy? I want a racket with a heavier head so I can improve my smash game, what would you guys recommend? Please keep in mind that I would need the racket to be already strung, since I don't know how to do it myself.

Thanks!

2. zenja

zenja New Member

Those very cheap ebay ones are fake.

3. Connie0325

Connie0325 Regular Member

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Supergo,

You will not be able to buy high-end rackets for the price range you have. So don't be tempted by online sites that say you can.

There are reasonable economical rackets out there that play very well. The problem is that you aren't going to see long detailed write-ups on them. There is little profit for an online vendor to plug a $40 racket.

Read as much as you can in the forum to see which ebay sellers are legit, and see if there are any racket reviews on the cheaper products. Whatever you do, don't be taken in by a deal to-good-to-be-true.:eek:

5. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Biotech Sales / Marketing
    If you want to buy beginner-intermediate rackets, stick with it. Don't be tempted by top of the line rackets such as AT900 and end up being scammed!

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) You must have a badminton group in your area. Join the group. Ask if you can try some of their racquet. That way you can figure out what what you like and suits you.
    2) post the make and model and ask for advice if there is a cheaper sub for that racquet.
    3) Look into buy and sell forum and see if there is a used one in your budget.
    Good luck

And for Connie0325, please do not post your ebay fake racquet link to promote your business.

7. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member