Now or never for Malaysia

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by Speed & Power, May 4, 2010.

1. julianng

julianng Regular Member

lol

lol , good one. :D

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    that's nothing to get emotional about and how you know the organizers are all malaysian and why mentioned misbun, tkh, nadzmi and punch? misbun and tkh are coaches nothing to do with the organising committee and datuk nadzmi, he is the president and datuk punch, well, you haven't been around lately... :p

3. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

You have a point there. However, this still doesn't change the fact that those provocative terms are all over the "Chinese forum". (You know that those provocative terms are not just reserved for foreigners. Any Chinese that doesn't fit the mold/stereotype will be branded with those provocative terms as well. Remember Li Mao? He got branded as betrayer just because he coach oversea.)

You can argue that there are 1.3 billions ppl out there, but once the Chinese fans have given others the impression that those provocative accusations are a common act or a "custom" in China(cause they are so frequently found in those Chinese dominated forum), that's it for China image to the world.

Instead of calling others judgmental, why not do something more beneficial like asking the Chinese government to invest more in their education system and educate the people to look at the situation more objectively?(Solve the problem, rather than push the responsibility away by saying you have too great a population out there) Once less people post those provocative/subjective statements, others perception towards the Chinese community will change. That's a good old Cantonese(heard from a Chinese friend) saying that goes something like(sorry for the poor translation) that: respect, is what others give it to you; disgrace, is what you got yourself into.

#83 lcleing, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i like this! :cool:

5. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

Malaysia will not win the Thomas Cup.
    Why? Because just like the last time, before the tournament starts I'm already hearing news reports of Lee Chong Wei boasting about winning.
    Whenever Malaysia players/team boast about winning before a match, they'll lose. Simple as that. It's a very accurate indicator, more accurate that fortune telling.
    It was like that during the past few Thomas Cup tournaments. They always appeared overconfident (though I never knew where the confidence came from). Maybe to hide their true insecurity. Then they'll lose. It's inevitable.
    They never learn. Until they do, I don't see them ever winning a big title again.

The truth is, Malaysian players simply do not have the champion mentality. They cannot win as favourites. They have a greater chance as underdogs.

Look at what LCW has to say this time:"I'll win because I have never lost in Malaysia". At first glance it appears that he is confident, but the reason that he offered (because I have never lost in Malaysia) shows me that he feels insecure. He is clinging to the "I feel lucky" mentality.

It has been the culture with the team for so many years already. Something is very wrong with the system and staff. Deep rooted culture.

6. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

By the way, I always felt strange that China's Zhao Jian Hua lost in the semi-finals of 1992 Thomas Cup. And after retirement, Zhao left China. He was not retained as part of the coaching staff.

7. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    are you nuts? or are sick? :p:p:p

8. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

Wow, that's all you can think of to say with your brain?

9. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

and your brain??? .. .this is a 'now or never for malaysia thread' ...
    and zhao jian hua in this thread? how? why? ....who cares how strange you feel

#89 pajrul, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  10. Speed & Power

Speed & Power Regular Member

I agree with u on part that the Chinese gov should probably look into the education system which is producing ultra-nationalistic ppl there, but then again its not so easy just switching overnight, it is a process that has to be done step by step & this also depends on the progressiveness and maturity of the Chinese society at that point in time. Like I've said previously, there are more and more CHinese ppl out there being more critical of their gov/society & these ppl notice the strengths as well as the flaws in CHina these days. Just think why they (the Chinese) are like that (ultra-nationalistic/defensive of the "motherland")?? China was dubbed the "sick man of Asia" slightly more than half a century ago. Foreign invaders came to their lands and robbed, disgraced, killed, raped etc..Basically CHina had to start off(post WW2) as a down, beaten & out fragile nation. Its no wonder that they needed some boost in confidence to grow into where it stands today. I dont even know if all these are making sense to you, but really to understand all this is better to experience it first hand yourself. Its very hard to have an apple to apple comparison of CHina and the West for example...they just have a different situation with different factors from the Western world or even other Asian nations.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if lcw said that, then your theory is right.
    lcw did lost in 2007 WC, held in KL, to soni D. Kuncoro in round 3,

12. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Yes, deep rooted culture is the key word. It went way back to the 40s. It also shows Malaysia is relevant to badminton thus having problems seems to be a long term battle for us. I knew yours have none. What did the fortune teller said on this?

Ya keep on dwelling on that. By the way we are fighting for the 2010 edition already.
    You had found a real buddy. Thought of meeting up with each other??

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u can be my buddy too if u can find your old hot auntie's badminton shirt:)

14. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    You see mate, if he dont talk about players from China & Malaysia where else?? You see his intention right now? How painful for him all these years... but at least he found someone to share the agonies.

15. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Oh my.. I almost forgot about that. You really have good memory dont you? Ok i owe you that.

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, please bookmark this post so u won't forget it again:D

17. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    How about Malaysia will not win the Thomas Cup because the other teams are stronger? If LCW and co were all humble and stuff, you think they can win?

18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I don't know what's the situation really like. Maybe the organisers are really playing dirty. Or maybe they are just incompetent.

But consider that Malaysia (especially KL) has to be one of the most well-known places for badminton players and managers from other countries. Don't tell me they're all strangers here.

19. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    why now everybody off topics so much??
    i mean everybody....;););)

20. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Yes... i have friends from china... they all thinks that China is the only good guy in the world... the others are all bad guys... a lot to do with their education system and upbringing... the way the media portray others nation as well makes them things that way...

on the contrary, Nations, especially from the west use to bully china and that has really make a prints of the IMAGES west brought to CHINA..

China NUMBER ONE enemy is JAPAN... follow by USA... EUROPE...