NBA Playoffs 2010

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by jchan04, Apr 23, 2010.

1. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

Anyone follow the NBA?

Which team are you rooting for and any predictions for the up coming first round games.

For me... ORLANDO all the way... I've been a fan of Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis (except for his goatee). And this year when they acquired Vince Carter, I was now a mega fan of the Magic's. Btw, they will sweep the Bobcats in 4 games.

2. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    Mavs all tha way :D

3. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    How about OKC vs Celts:)? Durant and company versus Big Ticket and Ticket Stub:)?

4. jchan04

jchan04 Regular Member

i have a good feeling that it'll be a repeat of last year's finals...

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    lakers.....................;)

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

7. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

lakers. i used to support philadelphia when iverson played for them, but i dont know, i think iverson's getting old now... or perhaps old already :(.
    go kobe!

8. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    I wish Durant the upstart can upstage KB24 the elder:cool:.

This Saturday the Cavs vs Celtics should be interesting:cool:.

Magic should have an easier time with either the Hawks or Bucks (at least on paper).

However, seems the most likely scenario is the Lakers will take the West and lost to the Cavs. Or if the Magic prevails over in the East, then, it'll likely be a repeat of last year's KB24 thumping DH12;).

9. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    Lakers vs Jazz = either wins in 6
    Suns vs Spurs = either wins in 6

Cavalier vs Celtics = either wins in 6
    Magic vs Hawks or Bucks = Magic wins in 5

10. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Dynasty for the Ages!

Celtics vs Lakers. Me and my buddies (lol) went to Staples with beat L.A. placards (and most of us are from the L.A. area (if not all) that doesn't care for Kobe or Pau nor the big 3 + 1!)

All we care for is the long standing Celtics vs Lakers rivalry:cool:. Wishing thinking but Celtics are not coming back after 4 consecutive wins;)!

Ok, Lakers took game 1 BUT the end result would be Lakers 1:eek: - Celtics 4:):D:cool:!

#10 RSLvictorSOTX, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  11. RSLvictorSOTX

Yay! Celtics evened the series with the Lakers! The Celtics are not coming back to L.A. Beat L.A., beat L.A.! Yay!

Celtics 4:cool: - Lakers 1:eek:! Wishful thinking;):)!

12. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Kobe played very hard yesterday. But he was still forcing a lot of shots especially in the final 3 minutes. He is the main reason to keep the game close, but also the main reason Lakers lost in the final 3 minutes. He is still not at MJ's level yet.

13. RSLvictorSOTX

I noticed something KB deliberately did and that was perhaps what did it for them:eek:. KB was trying to shoot at all spots Ray Ray had been shooting, in other words he's matching shot for shot AT THE SAME SPOT therefore Rondo got the opportunities he wanted, due to the deliberate tendencies KB hinted subliminally, Rondo is able to read and steal the ball while KB is in transition to the take a shot from the same spots:eek:.

But...mainly, where is Ron Ron:eek:?

Anyways, the are individual LBJs, Howards, Wades et al talks. But there is only Celtics vs Lakers team-talk:cool:!

#14 RSLvictorSOTX, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  14. RSLvictorSOTX

Too bad, Celtics went down at home:(!

Pierce predicted they are not coming back to L.A. proves to be the fuel in the fire for the Hollywood team:eek:.

Same thing he did with the Orlando Magic series and lose 2 games promptly but finally close it out in 6 BUT defending chumps, er, champs is a totally different series:rolleyes:.

On behalf of the Celts (afterall, it's Celts vs Lakes; not indy household names), Pierce should tread carefully on behalf of the Celts;).

Off-topic, LBJ might land in a place no one predicted;). L.A. Clippers that is:cool:, if David Geffen can successfully strike a deal and ink LBJ.

HOPEFULLY, we'll see L.A. beat L.A., either ways, in Staples! YES:):D:cool:!

15. RSLvictorSOTX

Celtics are going for their 18th banner while the Lakers are closing in on 16th.

The best about the talks revolves around the Celtics versus the Lakers (never, well, to a lesser extent the players). Sure, there's the Bird-Magic era. And who can take away the 11 rings of Russell (not even Jackson can match it, even after this Finals!:cool::rolleyes:).

The Celtics and Lakers has a different aura to it;). Other teams, we can simply throw and toss in names, like: Dr. J, Jabbar, Batman and Robin (reads: Malone and Stockton or Shaq and Kobe), Magic, Bird, Thomas, Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Robinson, Duncan, CP3, KB8 or KB24, CB4, LBJ, DWade...

We love the players alright, but this? It's all about Boston and LA:cool: (in that order:cool:). Not Ray Ray or Ron Ron:cool:.

16. RSLvictorSOTX

Oh, Baby!

Oh, Baby:cool:! Celtics won game 4:D!

It's now the best of 3;)!

Go Celts go;);)!

17. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Refs rigging the NBA Playoffs/Finals like there's no tomorrow...alot of BS/questionable fouls...just like in any other game.

18. RSLvictorSOTX

Without taking sides (though my leanings is pretty clear cut);), just the economic side;), the NBA sure wants to wring every drop of juice they can to make it go seven games for the ultimate bang:D! For the MEGABUCKS to roll in:D! Right;)?

19. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Yes abosultely correct. More games = more fans tunning in = more money for the big network stations (ESPN, TSN etc..) & makes the NBA look good at the end of the playoffs. Refs want to make the games more interesting, so they make BS calls to help/break teams. Who wants to see an NBA finals matchup that's already 3-0 or 3-1 into the series & see them win it all...
    The 2010 playoffs are terrible this year with sooo many sweeps in the first/second round it was unbelieveable.