2U or 3U?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZDavidC, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ZDavidC

ZDavidC Regular Member

High School Student
    Hey everyone, I just have a question. Is there any difference playing with a 2U racquet then a 3U? Will there be more power in your shots with a 2U then a 3U?

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    2U means heavier,more power but slower than the 3U.It depends on whether u seek more for power or speed.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It only generates more power, if you have the strength / technique and it fits for your style of playing. If not, you will suffer the lackness of power (usually due to slower swing speed) or even worse, injury. :eek:

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Paraphrasing what ants has told me before regarding the same subject:

With the same racquet considering all thing be equal but one 3U in weight and the other 2U,

For the 3U racquet, 90% of effort you put in will generate 100% of power capability of the racquet;

while

For the 2U racquet, you will need 100% of effort put in to generate 100% of power capability of the racquet.

However the 100% power capability of the 2U racquet will be much more than the same 100% power capability of the 3U racquet due to physics and momentum transfer principles.

In conclusion if you want to hit just hard enough to win rallies or points without getting tired so you can get a consistent performance, 3U racquets will be better. Otherwise if you aim to break the record for the hardest and fastest smash in your community then you can consider the 2U racquet :D

5. ZDavidC

ZDavidC Regular Member

High School Student
    Right now I'm using a 3U4 Arc8DX, was thinking of getting a 2U vs. LOL. but maybe I will but when I get better.

6. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    How interesting to see people trying to decide on 2U and 3U rackets, and even 4U.

I must stress again, I am an old-timer, I am used to 2U, and steel and even wooden rackets. I would think, if are playing more single games, try out the 2U, if you are playing a lot of doubles, get the 3U.

7. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

I seem fine using a 2U MP100 in doubles :p
    i think picking a weight depends on if you want maneuverability or potential in a racket.