Alberta

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Chia, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Good luck to all my fellow Alberta Bfers in your leagues/zones next week.
    I just hope that home town advantage and some crowd support can bring me success.

2. Kenny

Kenny Regular Member

High School
    I am dissapointed to say that i got 4th so i will not be traveling to stettler on saturday :( .

3. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

that's too bad, nice try. i'm happy to say that i won my doubles event and will be heading to provincials in GP..hopefully to protect my doubles title

4. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    ah that sucks kenny, u always have next year. good job yonexfanatic

i've been playing the best badminton of my life so far, hopefully me and my partner can make it to provincials this weekend

5. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Well, sadly, I failed to advance from zones. :( :( I started off well on my first match but as the day progressed, my play declined. In several matches I had an early lead (4-1, 5-1 etc) but gave them away.

Good luck to Chia at Zones and good luck to yonexfanatic at Provincials (I'm sure you will reclaim your title again!! :)

And Kenny, good try and better luck and play next year! So, now we can both join the "no more badminton for this season" club. :D

6. yonexfanatic

hugo, nice try. better luck next time if the opportunity's available! thanks for the luck!

7. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    ahh.. i am so mad :mad: .. lost 2 and won one.. first game we lost, 2-3, 0-3 and second 13-15, 15-7, 13-15.. i know i shouldn't blame my parnter, but she was playing horrible.. its hard to accept defeat, especially this one because i dont have next year.. my days of playing competitive badminton are over, unless i tryout for summer games

8. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    and i lent out my forza to a guy in the same school as me cause his strings broke.. and he returned it with a big chip on the frame, i am pretty sure there is a crack in the frame because of that.. just a bad day overall.. sorry for venting, but i just had to let it all out.

9. yonexfanatic

chia..it's too bad to hear you didn't make it. i guess we all have our bad luck and this was the opportunity it unfortunately happened. as for summer games, if you do decide to tryout, i wish you luck! it's too bad i won't be playing summer games as it is held in july, during the time i'm on holidays.

10. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Sorry to hear that (tournament results as well as the racket), Chia. Some times things just go the other way. Can't you play some competitive baddy if you move to the city next year?

11. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    i dont know.. i might depends if i am busy or not with school and possibly having a part time job.

its kinda hard to find clubs to play with in the city without spending lots of cash, but i might play at the U from time to time

12. yonexfanatic

if you are going to study at the U, i believe there is a gym open for regular students to play badminton (might have to get someone to clarify on that though).

besides the U though, there are other clubs (non private clubs) that you could play at which require a rather cheap yearly fee. the fees range from 50 to possibly 100 dollars a year. i mention cheap because if you go regularly, it's quite worth it.

13. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Tsk! Tsk! It hasn't been a year and you guys have already forgotten about this thread:rolleyes:. Here's what I said about the U Of A Badminton Club:p...

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=114572#post114572

14. yonexfanatic

15. yonexfanatic

i regret to say that i did not retain the doubles title. Overall it was a pretty bad weekend for badminton. Both my partner and I did not perform to our best abilities and lost to teams that we would regularly beat on a good day. It's unfortunate because this is my last year. :mad:

But on a good note, besides the badminton, the trip was pretty fun. :rolleyes:

16. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey Yonexfanatic,

Sorry to hear that you didn't retain your title. It's good that you enjoyed the trip. I am sure there'll be other competitions you could participate after this year:). Will you be off competitive baddy for awhile?

17. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Good try YF,

I'm sure there will be plenty more competitive baddy for you in the future. But yeah, it is kind of sad that high school baddy is over forever......! This time next year, I will be feeling lots of Nostalgia!

18. yonexfanatic

I guess from one point of view, one could say it's only high school provincials. But because I won last year, it's very disappointing that I didn't even come top 3. High School provincials is something I should be able to excell at, but unfortunately both my partner and I went on cold streaks; at the worst possible time. :eek:

19. yonexfanatic

Yeah hopefully if I'm not too busy with school, I'll be able to compete in other local and out of town tournaments. As for now, there isn't much competitive baddy scheduled, tournaments or events, so I guess you can say I'm "off" for the time being. There is Alberta summer games, but I'll be on holidays when that's taking place.

same here.. :(

20. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    sorry to hear that yonexfanatic.. i know how it feels :(