The Prince of Tennis

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Kelvin, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Hey, are there any Prince of Tennis fans out here??

I've been hooked on the anime series from Japan, ever since it was released.

If you're out here, give me a shout... lol

I've got all the episodes.

They've also gotten sponsored by Yonex, for production as well... of course they dont make any mention of it at all during the show, but the Logos are very prevalent.

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I like PoT :p I've watched 1 - 115, the OVA, and 123 - 126. I'm waiting on that badminton anime.

3. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    PoT is great! I watched all episode too^^ There's gonna be a badminton anime? are u kidding? Cool!! :p

4. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

PoT started with the manga and was turned into an anime series. So I'm guessing they will do the same for the badminton manga. Or so I hope...maybe the makers of PoT can put together a PoB series...Prince of Badminton. Hehe.

5. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    never watched the eps.... anyone wanna hook me up??? i have, however, played the ps2 game.... it's pretty fun..

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Ok, for those of you who are already aware of the show...

If you could be a character, or a hybrid of the characters on the show, whom would you be?

Myself, I've definitely got some Ryoma in me, as it takes a bit to get me fired up to really compete during a game... I've also got some Horio in me :eek:
    Also I have quite a bit of Momo in me as well, as well as Nanjiro Echizen. :D

Just curious, how people classify their personalities, as you've noticed the anime/manga definitely shows each character's unique personality traits.

Also one thing... please dont limit yourself to just the Seigaku team, as there are many many other characters that you can draw personality traits from.

I'd like to find out who out there has Takeshi's (Taka-san) traits. LOL

-Kelvin

#6 Kelvin, Mar 29, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2004
  7. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Sorry for the late reply:

Hrmms...i would be Taka-san...BURNING!!! COME ON BABY!!! haha. I think I might be a cross between Kikumaru and Echizen. I wish I was a cross between Fuji and Tezuka. I'm no acrobatic player, but I am a net player. I'm more comfortable at the net than in the back. I'm not very speedy either, but I do lose my stamina quite easily :p As for Echizen, I have his trait of coming through in such a tough situation as well as his never give up attitude. If I can somehow tap into my Inui side, then I'd be dangerous...imagine..."Data Badminton"...hrmms...80% smash, 20% cross court drop.

For the other teams, I'm somewhat like that one player from Hyotei who likes to sleep and can be impressed somewhat easily.

8. frendies

frendies Regular Member

medical
  9. SJ_Tan

SJ_Tan Regular Member

Student
    Oh goddess im one of the biggest POT fans!! Seigaku fighto! To be honest i like the whole Seigaku regular team hehe but my fave character is Tezuka..but i wish he had more air time i mean u hardly see him play tennis cept for the Hyoutei match against Atobe. Oh well..im still on episode 104 cos im waiting for the DVD to come out. But i know in episode 130 the seigaku team visits Tezuka in Germany. ;)

Btw i'd probably be Taka-san crossed with Tezuka! haha weird i know but its true..my best shot in tennis is the drop shot. :D

10. SJ_Tan

SJ_Tan Regular Member

Student
  11. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Anybody keeping up with the latest episodes???

Other than studying, nursing arm, working on cardio fitness, and trotting around town with my real estate agent, I have been keeping my imagination going nicely with doses of Prince of Tennis anime here and there :D

Episode 122 was just released tonight.

I've cheated and taken a look at the Japanese website, for TV-Tokyo, because I just couldn't wait to see what is coming up LOL.

Now I'm even more anxious to see what else happens as it is getting to a very exciting point in the story line.

Notice how ambiguous my statements were? so as not to spoil the plots for anyone interested in sport anime LOL. and more specifically prince of tennis. ;)

12. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    i want the prince of tennis gear!! that would be fun to wear :)

13. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Yeah I've been up to date with it. With the anime at least, not the manga since I dont know where to get them. For the anime, I'm up to date with the subs and raw. I'm up to 141 with the raw versions and i am looking forward to actually know what they were talking about when the subs are released :p

14. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    LOL :D

Oh come on Joseph,

I'm sure through 100+ episodes of subs, you would have picked up a little Japanese :p

I was reading somewhere that a company in the US, has bought the rights for American distribution of the Manga, so we should see some english books out soon.

:eek:

I keep peeping at the TV-Tokyo website to find out what's going to happen lol.
    Damn my curiosity. :eek:
    -Kelvin

15. drift

drift New Member

Prince of Tennis is awesome!

On a side note, me and a couple of friends made a "Prince of Badminton" film entry for my school film festival.. haha, it rocked, it had the "Matrix" pan-around camera shot in it too.. ah. good times.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    really???!?!

do you still have it? i wouldn't mind hosting it here in BC/BF. :)

17. drift

drift New Member

Hmm, well, I do still have it, but its the super good quality, high resolution version - ie. super huge. It's only about 4 minutes long and yet 128MB :eek:

Maybe when I get a better computer, I'll re-encode it to a smaller resolution and not so huge quality.. it should be very well under 10MBs for sure and still be watchable then.

The video was put together on my school's computer in about a day of editing, my computer can barely handle msn and winamp at the same time, haha, so I think I'm going to be needing a new computer before I can re-encode it.

18. Crosskid

Crosskid Regular Member

Prince of tennis

does nayone her watch prince of tennis
    :)

19. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    I do I do.. I'm up to episode 153 ..waiting for the remaining subs before continuing with the subs available by shinsen

20. MouZe

MouZe Regular Member

I agree that PoT is a great serie.
    however, just like in FMA, the ending is soooo weird.. You think you have a loads of episodes to watch when you are around 175. well, forget it :(
    Looks like they had to finish the serie quickly. WAAY to early :crying: