bg 70 pro vs bg 65

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Winn108, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

I've heard that these strings are very similar, but bg 70 holds tension much better. I'm currently using bg65 and the tension loss is killing me :p

any ideas?

-Berg likes this.
  2. visor

visor Regular Member

bp70pro holds tension better but is a few dollars more and slightly less durable.

If you like bg65, you have to ask your stringer to prestretch it first and maybe start off with 2 lbs more so that it will stabilize at the tension you like a week later.

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

From my experience, a combination of both 10% pre stretch and starting with 2lbs more than the desired tension will stabilise and settle indefinitely at the desired tension in about 2 weeks time after stringing. You may have to "warm up" the string bed by playing strokes with it for a sometime before the tension will start to drop and then settle.

The tension on prestretch on BG65 will only last me 2 weeks at best before it drops by 2lbs, unfortunately.

4. alfie11

alfie11 Regular Member

employee
    I am a bg 65 fanatic..and never seem to have a loss tension. I really like the durability of this string. Can last till 4 months or more. With the maximum tension this is my best string. If maybe you seem to have a loss tension with bg 65, there must be a problem with your stringer dan the stringing technique. IMO

5. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    I'd say pre-stretch the string.

6. Blitzzards

#6 Blitzzards, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  7. Blitzzards

You will need at least 20% of prestretch if you want the tension of BG65 to last more than a few weeks, if you want to use just prestretch without adding additional tension:
    The professional players have an all different life on the other hand. If they use BG65 they will have the racquets strung at the start of the week of tournament, use the racquets and then by the end of the week either cut the strings before the tension starts to drop or keep one to two of the racquets which will then drop in tension as practice racquets for the coming weeks. The only time when the tension actually matters is during the tournament week when they will want to get the feel that they're used to when playing at their desired tensions so they can bring out their games to the fullest. After that the tension drop means nothing to them.

8. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

lol.. pros can be as wasteful as they want though :p

for those who are stringers that replied: isn't pre-stretching a bit tedious? and do you find you actually lose durability from pre-stretching?