Need some help please?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ramish94, Apr 7, 2010.

1. ramish94

ramish94 New Member

None
    Hey guys! I'm getting back in badminton after about 3 months off without playing it. I just noticed that my badminton racket is really bad and I can barely smash with it now. As well as the strings are really really soft. So now, I'm stuck between getting a Yonex Musclepower 7, Yonex Musclepower 10, and Yonex Nanospeed 100. Out of these three, which would you prefer? And just general information, I'm a singles and doubles player and I'm intermediate level in playing. I had a Wilson Titanium Pro before if that helps. Thanks guys! :D

2. adamahmad90

adamahmad90 Regular Member

teacher
    based on my experience, if u feel comfortable using only 1 racket, u better stick with it... sumtimes, if we use different rackets in a match, it can ruin our flow n rhythm of game... :) for the time being, im comfortable using my wilson n-code rather than my yonex muscle power 66.. oh ya, just be careful with "pirated" brand in the market... some of the strings can be duplicated as the real one but the quality are totally different... i've seen once before a pirated product of yonex bg66... u cant differentiate it just by looking at it, but u can feel the difference once u hitting the shuttle...

3. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    yonex nanospeed 100 :D

or you should just restring your previous racket.

4. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

Restring your racket, try to play with it first.
    As you stop for few months, maybe you just need some practice to get the timing back. :)

5. ramish94

ramish94 New Member

None
    Actually, not just the string, but the whole grip of the racket is pretty messed up. I was planning to actually buy a new one since my current Wilson one is just a pretty cheap one which I bought for about $15. So, is the nanospeed 100 any good? Thanks for replying btw. All of you!

6. Jing09

Jing09 Regular Member

Student
    If the grip is a problem, just put an over grip on it lol.

Well, I said NS100 because I think nanospeeds are just better off than the muscle powers in terms of the low end line. I have looked on badminton alley and it states that the MP7 is 2U, which is heavier than the standard racket. If you don't mind the higher price, i say go for the nanospeed.

you can check out the NS100,NS200,NS300 here.

http://badminton-coach.co.uk/category/badminton-equipment/yonex-nanospeed-badminton-equipment/

#6 Jing09, Apr 11, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2010