Where the Yonex shop in London

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Superman, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Superman

Superman Regular Member

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the Yonex badmintion accessory in London?
    Bcs I will be there on 29/3/08. And how about the price is cheaper than H.K.?

Thx for helping!!

2. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

there's a shop called wigmore sports on wigmore road, that's behind selfridges. here's their website:

http://www.wigmoresports.co.uk/

their prices are very expensive though, in fact, prices here in the uk are much more expensive than in HK in general.

3. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    I went to Wigmore's once and the guys in there were very helpful and knowledgeable. As Dreamz says though, it's quite expensive but it's in central London and they have enough space to swing and test rackets.

4. Azwok

Azwok Regular Member

Student
    Yea, wigmore sports makes me sad, £27 to re-string a racket with bg65 I think id rather get my local stringer to do it for a solid £8.:)

5. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

well, i think what most of the players in my club tend to do is to go to wigmore to try out racquets and clothing or shoes for sizes, then order them online, at centralsports or something. wigmore certainly has the biggest and most up to date stock.

also, having said that, i was in harrods last week and their stock is pretty impressive as well. i believe that they are supplied by wigmore as well though. just like selfridges were before.

6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Hi All, are there any other badminton stores in London other than Wigmore Sports? Preferably tax-free. Will be in London in mid-april and hope to do some shopping if time permits. Many thanks.

#6 Sealman, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  7. pyshuttler

pyshuttler Regular Member

Hi Sealman,

http://www.sweatband.com have a store on clipstone street near Great Portland Street Underground in Central London. There prices are not too bad, but the store does not contain the full stock range. You might want to email them first and ask if the online store will deliver to the shop for your collection. Tax-Free , you will have to check with them! Usually only larger stores that deal with many more tourist shoppers will have this facility.

http://www.tennisnuts.com have a couple of stores in north london and north-west london but defintiely in the suburbs.

If you are looking for sports clothing go to Lillywhites(Picadilly Circus) or SportsDirect(everywhere) their sister company.

How long are you in the UK for ? Are you playing any badminton games! Lots of places to play, almost everyday, let me know if you want more details!

8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    pyshuttler, thanks for the info. I will be in london for a month and staying at blackfrairs. Would love to play badminton (feathers :)) if not too busy with work. Will send you a PM for more details. Cheers

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

aha, we play on saturdays if you're interested.
    would be good to put a face to the racquet ... :)

10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    thanks Dreamzz. will PM you :)