It is Better for LD to Lost to BCL rather then LCW

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by xymaerts, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Now. LD had got the side effect of skipping/resting too long for not compete in tournament.. He is unable to catch up now.. As a player, u have to keep competing in order to maintain your form...
    For LD, i think he is rather lost to Bao instead of LCW if he cannot maintain his fitness after long time "resting"
    Any comment?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Another one of your LD fear LCW thread?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1350289#post1350289
    LD lost to bcl in a fair match. If LD fear lcw, lyb would have asked LD to lose in 2 sets to bao, not 3 sets. Why tire out BCL going into SF?

3. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    From watching the match, this is what I figured - LD is not used to playing against a left-hander, BCL had great shot recovery, and BCL capitalized on LD's poor smash returns of shots to his backhand.

4. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

LD has played BCL like 30 times in various tournaments, and has been sparring against him everyday...

I haven't got a chance to watch the match, but my guess is --based on BCL's German Open final -- A BCL in perfect physical condition is too much for LD to defense.

5. Destricto_Ense

Student
    30 times against BCL isn't that much as a percentage... the angles that BCL was hitting seemed to catch LD off guard a few times. He was using plenty of bodyshots too.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Honestly... almost 30 times in real tournaments... You won't find any other two players who have played each other so many times...

For example, LD vs LCW is currently like 19 or 20 times.

BCL is faster than usual recently... I guess that's why LD couldn't find his rhythm.

7. Destricto_Ense

Student
    20 times against LCW doesn't matter. What I meant is that it's 30 times against BCL, but 5000 times against right-handed players. Anyway, you're right that BCL has improved his game.

8. badmad

badmad Regular Member

no hard feelings but it's one of those threads that should be removed. :rolleyes: no content to discuss on such topics!

9. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

You guys just can't be wrong. If LD lost, it's because he is afraid of LCW. If BCL lost, it is LYB's arrangement.

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

All players shouldn't be afraid of each other. LD has beaten LCW many times, why should LD be afraid of him?

Good job, Bao. Hopefully LCW won't find him too hot to handle. :eek: LCW's win was not very convincing too...

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yup, the No. 1 should able to finish a qualifer more convincingly, especially ShonWH had to win all his matches in 3 games.

12. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Pointless thread to be honest.

Bao has played brilliantly and based upon his current form might be as big a danger to LCW as LD would be.

13. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Nothing to do with the thread below.. My point is that for a player you can't skipping/resting too long for not compete in tournament.. IF so, you are unable to catch up.. As a player, u have to keep competing in order to maintain your form... No matter what sports u are in.. Tennis or wat so ever.. If Feneral will rest for 1 years of non competing.. He can't even play.
    My opinion is that, LD had started to fell the side effect..

14. undeadshot

Exactly. I am as worried as LCW vs LD. BCL has more rest time than LCW as he finished his 1st two matches without letting his opponent get above 10 points, while LCW was comfortable in the first two, but he lost rest time when he had to beat Shon Wan Ho in 3 sets.

LCW, let's go!

15. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Yes.. Agreed with you..

16. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    I dont pretty understand what's the question of this thread - what fear? why?

Did LD just play bad? Someone saw a video of the match - what is it 7 straight points loss in a third game?

17. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I just love these threads, there's no satififying the MAS fans, if LD beat BCL soundly, it's team order, if he somehow loses it's he's afraid of LCW... Why can't you give credit to BCL for playing a great game and for being in form for the first time in a very long time(maybe he's recovered)... If CJ managed to beat KT yesterday and than is in the semi's and LD beat BCL today and CJ tomorrow, it's oh he's being protected by his teammates so he's well rested, I mean can't you guys give it a rest :D I'm not LD but I'm pretty sure he doesn't fear anybody on a badminton court, nor should he or actually any other professional players... The moment you fear somebody, you've already lost the match!

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i am just waiting for that pBmMalaysia fella to tip-toe in here and repeat to us the reason(s), he already shared, on why LD lost..

19. undeadshot

If BCL loses, it's team orders :D
    But LD is not scared of LCW

20. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

that is nothing to do with who fear who in this thread.. Let's discuss

My point is that for a player you can't skipping/resting too long for not compete in tournament.. IF so, you are unable to catch up.. As a player, u have to keep competing in order to maintain your form... No matter what sports u are in.. Tennis or wat so ever.. If Feneral will rest for 1 years of non competing.. He can't even play.
    My opinion is that, LD had started to fell the side effect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.