'Hostile' female members at club...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by CRANE &(-@-)&, Feb 28, 2010.

1. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Nearly forgot about that .....cant wait for that after all the talk he gives on here.

Anyway , back to this topic...If I were you I would not give a damn about those women , all you need to do is concentrate on is your badminton and stick with the guys. If the ladies are not nice to you then you can demonstrate your frustration towards them on court. Let the badminton do the talking ! eventually when you give them all a beating , they will come to you and beg for mercy....you will be the new ''Queen''...or

if you been chosen as the captain of the team , the ladies will come to you instead of you going to them :)

2. CRANE &(-@-)&

CRANE &(-@-)& Regular Member

Student
    Ahh I love all your theories... :) especially about me becoming 'Queen' and the 'begging for mercy' LOL it sure sounds good to me. I'll just stick it out like you guys said... and make sure i look hideous when i go, maybe they'll warm to me then lol

3. CRANE &(-@-)&

Student

Really? LOL i never thought about it as a ' hunting place' !

4. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    pic

so any chance of a pic?:D:D:D.

5. CRANE &(-@-)&

Student
    :) It would only lead to dissapointment i'm afraid !

6. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    hi

nah.. anyway dnt mind them let the game do the talking & have fun.:)

7. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    wow, you are not shy there ? ;)

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no problem, we have enough diversity here we can solve toughest social problems:D there is one even willing to volunteer to go over there to fix the problem;)

9. alexh

alexh Regular Member

I haven't had this exact problem, but I've found that a lot of clubs are kind of cool towards newcomers. (And it's not just badminton, it's any group of people that meets on a regular basis.) Usually it gets better over time; it often takes about six visits before you know the "true character" of the club...

10. Eric Soon

Eric Soon Regular Member

Sales Executive
    After reading all post, i don't find it a problem at all. Human are generally born with 'competitive' characteristics. Just need to neutralize it a little.
    I disagree with the idea of being 'Queen' or 'Beggging for mercy', Lol, as i see it as an act of aggression. This will do more harm(to the already complicated feeling) than good.
    Imo, those female felt intensed and pressured by your pressence and possibly challenge their already established territory.
    Having said that, try to be friendly and join them for drinks or a casual conversation. It's nice too if can get them 100plus or Gatorade during game session. Which i bellieve they would really appreciate. It's not a sign of bribe but sign of kindness and care.
    Afterall, the ultimate objective of being there is to play your best and enjoy the game.

11. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    may i ask u....is it because your level of play is considerably higher than that of the other female players? in my own experience usually all men enjoy playing much stronger opponents, even if they get grossly humiliated on court. So they'll naturally love you if you play better than the other females--and this might make the females feel neglected.. On the other hand i know of female players who find that a large level gap ruins all their fun, and they'd find themselves better off without you..

But regardless of the real reason, you should just act friendly towards them and put on your mask when dealing with them. It's an indispensable skill any 17 yr old should learn, that would become useful at work or daily life in the near future.

12. bluecar

bluecar Regular Member

The more 'mature' women may just find communicating with a 17 year old tough. In the sense of generation gap. They may like to talk about family, diamonds, and work, I don't think a 17 year old can really relate to...

13. perfectgravity

perfectgravity Regular Member

lol diamonds :)

Only if they are really rich, but you are right they most likely will want to talk about their kids and work.

14. bluecar

bluecar Regular Member

lol they dun have to be dat rich to talk about diamonds or branded bags. Women loves diamonds, and we men love cars. We will never understand why they love branded bags, and they will never comprehen why we love big rims!

15. perfectgravity

perfectgravity Regular Member

Ya branded bags, I totally agree with that. They save up for like 4 months so they can buy some super high end bag, when they could have used that money to buy a nice LCD TV :)

But back on topic - the isuuse of her not being able to talk to them can be fixed right there. Girls of all ages like branded bags and jewelery.