'Hostile' female members at club...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by CRANE &(-@-)&, Feb 28, 2010.

1. CRANE &(-@-)&

CRANE &(-@-)& Regular Member

Student
    I've recently joined a club and paid the annual fee but because of certain sources of hostility im considering leaving already. The men at the club are really welcoming but the women just seem to absolutely resent me ! LOL They don't really speak with me ( which i suppose could be because i'm alot younger ) but sometimes they pretend i physically don't exist..:confused: and it really bothers me :crying: Should i just leave ? Has anybody else had this problem at all ?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sorry to hear that. My take of the situation is that those women liked things the way were before (partnering with the guys) and since ur younger, those other women are jealous because the guys received u well which taken away some chances to play with the guys. Bascially, those women don't like the new competition for the men:D I dont know what's your level but i assumed it isn't worst than other women there so more reason to resent u. What to do? just act courteously. The guys like that and with the guys support (i assume more than 50% members are guys), u r safe and eventually those jealous women will come around. If not, the guys (or the organizer) can see what's going on and hopefully do something about it. Have u told this to the club organizer?

3. CRANE &(-@-)&

CRANE &(-@-)& Regular Member

Student
    Yeh it seems like male members of clubs are always alot more friendly.. although they're all basically middle aged and im 17. Lol kind of sticky situation because i can't really say anything to the club organiser since one of the women is his wife...

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    do u have alternative clubs to go to?
    can u get a partial refund on the club fee?

5. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

hey gal,sounds quite exclusive and not freindly,imo.
    my take on that is just play by their rules and don't try anything stupid by trying to go agianst them.if you sense the ladies are a bit more demanding and you feel you're not welcomed,then by all means you can ste p back a bit and try to find people taht are not associated to them. if you also can, try to befreind one of the ladies and see how thigns go from there.take it slow and easy.good luck!

6. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    maybe if you try to speak with them and improve your interpersonal skills , they will start to open up to you. If you dont enjoy it , then move on

7. ixoye

ixoye Regular Member

Best to leave the women alone for now, is what I think. It may take some time for them to warm up to you.

I say, stay with this club for a while and see how it goes. You may learn quite a bit from the men. And it's not like you have to play this club exclusively, right? ;)

8. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    challenge them for a game... loser to stripe...

9. druss

druss Regular Member

I think you mean strip... but, no offense to older women, no one probably wants to see that and it's a bad idea anyway since it would tend to reinforce their attitude....

IMO just leave them alone and play, that's what you're there for or bring a friend who's the same age along to play with.

Men will be men and women will be women.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

I see you're female... so you're being perceived (rightly or wrongly) as a new threat by the women in the club. If you're attractive and can also can play quite well, then that's a double threat to their social order.

I say, just play nice, grin and bear it for a few sessions. Be friendly to the women who are friendly to you. Show them that you're not a threat. But don't be too too friendly with the guys, especially if their spouses or significant others are there playing too!

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Haha, you must be quite an attractive gal, I never experienced that kinda thing, but then I'm NOT sweet 17. I thought Western culture more liberal minded :confused:.

Try to be nice to the ladies, dont be too friendly with the married guys. The ladies could have interpreted your friendliness as flirting, esp with their husband/boyfriend.

12. ignatio103

ignatio103 Regular Member

it
    liberal n competitive

the way i see it...the ladies are liberal but overly competitive ...
    Insecure maybe with age group differences as she is only sweet 17...
    mmmm come to think of it me hasnt played with any young ladies but rather
    with matured women playas...interesting thought i put forth to is age group incompatibility rather than mens affection..;)
    what say u?

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I dunno about your place but in my place, some older women come to play badminton because they wanna know more men...

so if a young chick came and disturb their hunting place... sure will get angry la!

14. Grotius

Grotius Regular Member

You could tell them you're gay. That would give them something to think about!

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it, just play badminton. What's important is what you think of them, what they think of you is their problem.

15. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    They are just jealous. Ur a young probably attractive female so ur obviously big competition for them as maybe their husbands play or whatever. Maybe they see the men being friendly and nice to you and getting jealous.

Its kinda funny that they are jealous lol

16. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    pic.

why not post a pic of u and ill thnk of a reason y thre acting like tht.lmao:D..just kidding love.;)

17. Tomsk

Tomsk Regular Member

If you're in South Manchester you would be welcome at my club. ;) You'll even qualify (for a brief period) for half price under 18 membership!

18. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    haha crane i'd be your mixed partner .__.

i want to go to the UK and play in their clubs!

19. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    off topic

this is off topic. so exalted when are u gonna post a video of u playing?

20. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    A lot of clubs can be quite "clique-ey" at first. I'm sure they'll come around after a while - it just doesn't take so long with the men because they're all genetically pre-programmed to act friendly towards 17-year old girls (however inappropriate that may be).
    And anyway, so what if they don't? Just ignore them and play with the people who are more friendly.