Are you really sorry when you hit someone?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by nickuku, Apr 13, 2004.

1. nickuku

nickuku New Member

does anyone actually mean it when they say sorry, i always say sorry when i hit people, but to tell you the truth i dont really mean it and want to hit them more....i know its kinda harsh, i just want to know if anyone else is like this..

2. ruth1

ruth1 Regular Member

Student Athlete
    sometimes :)

it just depends on who my opponent is and how heated the game gets

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Most of the time i just say sorry. Unless if the game is really heated up .. i just don't say anything.

4. fallen

fallen Regular Member

i only feel sorry if i hit them in the face. if it's anywhere else then no. ;)

5. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School
    we had a mixed doubles game, and i smashed the bird towards a girls head. I kinda felt bad, but at the same time i felt a sense of accomplishment. :cool:

I appologized afterwards

6. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Hmmm, I don't know I'm usually teh one who gets hit!

7. Psycho V

Psycho V Regular Member

Depends on the opponent, if de opponents are weak, I would feel bad about it and usually aim for their backhand instead.

If de opponent's an advance player, I would actually aim for the most vulnerable parts like head, chest since they can usually dodge and make a weak return.

8. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i guess it would depend on how hard i hit them :D. the harder the shot that hit them, then perhaps i feel more bad about it. like mentioned already, if it's quite a heated game or depending on who i'm playing, perhaps i might not be as sorry as i look. i don't want to be a total badguy when a "hit a person" situation occurs so i always do some gesture to show some sort of guilt.

9. ryosuke

ryosuke Regular Member

student
    on the other side of things, if you happen to get hit by a smash would you feel more inclined to hit that player back for some revenge? i tend to get that feeling of wanting revenge and returning the favour :p.

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, sometimes you are aiming for places that no one is standing, but after you smashed, the player at the other side went over there and got hit :)

So I don't know what to say......He is the one who walked there and got hit :)....

Sometimes when I am pissed, I will smash at people, but again, if one's defense is good, the person should seldom (or never) be hit.

11. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Everyone is aware that it's just common courtesy to apologize if you hit somebody with your shot. Then again, if you really nailed your opponent at particular places that hurt a lot (anywhere near the head or other important parts of the body), I would be sincerely apologetic.

-Rick

12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Getting hit is sometimes part of the game...

I would raise my hand and apologise to the person regardless of where the shot hit. I won't be happy about it, but I will move on. However if s/he pissed me off enough, I won't bother with the gesture unless I took out their eyes.

13. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    I agree with Cappy, always the raised hand gesture by way of a meaningless apology, in reality you do try to hit certain people and don't really mean the apology but raise the hand out of courtesy anyway.

It's just one of those things that we do that are totaly meaningless but help keep the peace during games.

14. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    same here with cappy, sometimes i purposely let the person hit me back to make me feel better

15. TTT

TTT Regular Member

yes I do mean it when I apologize. I don't purposely aim for the person in my shots, but I don't really have full control of the placement yet, and most of the time they understood that.

3Vs: viver, vrc, video.... ;)

16. woop.

woop. Regular Member

I always apologize simply out of courtesy. Perhaps put a bit more effort into the apology if a particularly hard shot has hit the opponent somewhere unfortunate, like the face.

Hit a lady in a tournie on friday, raised my hand to apolgise and she kind of ignored me. Made a bit more effort to grab her attention and say sorry (being the sporting chap that I am) and she ignored further and walked away.

Why be so annoyed about being hit? It happens!!!

17. - 73* -

- 73* - Regular Member

i would definitely apologize unless its my brother i've hit :D

how about this??? do you apologize when you make a lucky shot (eg. when you hit on the frame or when the shuttle tumbles over the net) that the opponent misses?

18. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Heh! I think people are just more sensitive about the face or head area of their bodies. Afterall, the most vulnerable body part to permanent damage from shots are the eyes. I would get pissed off if I have to bounce shots off my face on a regular basis:p. That said, I think you shouldn't press your apologies any further if she ignored them. No point protesting too much since the damage is already done.

Most of the time, it's the partner's fault when a pop-up happens. She should be angry with her partner instead of her opponents if her partner made a mistake setting her up for a hit:D. BTW, I do apologise sincerely for my stupid mistakes leaving doubles partners to danger even when we got lucky (ie. opponents smash into the net). If sincerity is warranted most in a given circumstance, it should be this. Superficial courtesy is out of the question:(.

#18 cappy75, Apr 14, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  19. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

hi

well ya.. ill wave my hand and nod softly.. but ill do it again..!

20. woop.

woop. Regular Member

That was exactly my thought cappy, if she wanted to blame someone it should be her partner for putting up a poor half court lift.