At-700 Old 3UG5 vs At-900P 3UG5

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BrioCloud, Feb 22, 2010.

1. BrioCloud

BrioCloud Regular Member

UC Davis Student
    Hi. I have noticed that there are many people who debate these two rackets and doesn't specify which U it is. Sometimes people compare both of these rackets as 4u while some are trying to choose a 3U and the feedback becomes inaccurate. I personally have a At-900P 3UG5 and want a comparison with the At-700 Old 3UG5. I'm assuming people still saying that the old At-700 is still better quality than the new one is that correct? Or is any At-700 better than any At-900P, which is probably not the case. So you're replies are much appreciated. Thank you.

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The new AT700 is more durable than the old one

3. ntr2100

ntr2100 Regular Member

Student
    The new at-700 is only more durable than the old one because the design is different to the old one. if you've tried both old and new you'll notice that the old one has much better feel as opposed to the new one which features an extremely stiff shaft. the shaft design is different in both rackets. if you could still get your hands on an old at-700 i suggest you get it if you could afford it at its price

4. pyshuttler

pyshuttler Regular Member

I don't have AT-900 of any sort but I do have Mp99 2U and old AT700 3u.

MP99 @ 21x23lbs B68Ti previous - strings were upto 5years old felt like a plank of wood gave me a sore arm after one fantastic session of smashing, but not worth the sore arm for the next 3 months!!

MP99 @ 19x21lbs NBG95 current - smash is ok but sore arm comes back still - too stiff for me!!

AT700 @ 24x26lb Ashaway Microlegend current - can have mobility problems in comparison to Zelm Trixon 8.

I find the MP99 too stiff for me to flex consistntly - gives me a sore arm.
    But when i need power the AT-700 performs and is my most favourite overall racket.
    It feels a little whippy and not so stiff - easier to flex to gain power .

5. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

The new 700 is more stiff than the old one, apparently there's an extra 'ring' (not sure of the term) in the shaft, and in total it has 4. Whereas in the old one it's 3 and less stiff, this is what I have heard from a chinese badminton forum. The feeling of the old 700 is far greater than the new one, the new one just feels like a rod and even slower in defence!
    Anyway I use 900p =D, no doubt it's the best racket ever!!! :D