Head Power Helix Badminton Racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, May 5, 2009.

1. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Can someone post somre review or feedback how racket is doing (power helix series).

Regards

2. fullhof

fullhof Regular Member

Spray painter
    It seems like if it's not "YONEX" no one wants to know!

3. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

I tried Head Power Helix 8000 and this is one of my top racket choices.

Really nice racket to play with.

Regards

4. pyshuttler

pyshuttler Regular Member

Cayzi,
    How about a bit more of a review ? What other racquets do you use ? are you an attacking or defensive player? Does the Power Helix 8000 compare to any other racquets you use. What strings and tension do you use? What do you like and dislike about the racquet?

Sorry if I'm being pushy but your feedback is very useful to others who might consider puchasing this racquet! :):)

5. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

I have been using: Kason 300d, AT900T, Carlton VTT (still have), Forza ti-24, Victor SW32

I play singles, tension is 21lbs I think, strings BG65.

What I like that is very quick easy to handle, great control and quite good for smash knowing that this is more head light racket.

I still need to improve my timing because I used victor sw32 before. Looking to specifications both are balanced or head light racket but PH8000 is different feel which I prefer more.

My current to go racket are Carlton VTT and PH8000.

Regards

6. pyshuttler

Cayzi,
    Thanks for your feedback :D:D.
    I have been thinking about Power Helix 8000, 7000, 5000. But unsure which to go for. i play doubles mostly with old AT700, MP99 (both stiff, although AT700 feels whippy ) on smashing days. But when my arm is sore I use Zelm Trixon 8 or Kimony Max Power6000 - they help with my clearing back to back, net maneuvering and defense but lack a little power I think. I had originally been looking at the Power Helix 8000 (but hen bought the Zelm), but think it might be too similar to my mid-stiff Zelm or Kimony. Then turned my thoughts to Power Helix 7000 which is meant to be med-flex. But based on 'will_0407' might be too similar to my existing racquets http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79536&highlight=uk+helix

I was looking for an easy buddy racket for lazy days that I can use to clear back to back with little effort yet offer decent net shots and quick movement. So thinking about Power Helix 5000! I guess I am looking for a racket that plays differently to the other rackets above.

#26 pyshuttler, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  7. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Then go with PH 7000.

I think PH 8000 is more demand if you are tired - less head heavy, need more power.

I am also thinking to try 7000 just to see how much head heavy it is compare to 8000. In another way 285 and 290 are both more head light or balanced racket than head heavy.

8000 is not to stiff I would say.

Regards

8. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Maybe you can try Carlton as well.

May I ask why you like Head in first place. This is not a brad for badminton :).

Did you think to try BABOLAT?

I tried it and now I know that they produce fine badminton equipment as well! Nice!

9. pyshuttler

Actually Head produce lots of badminton rackets, quite popular in UK. Anthony Clark & Donna Kellogg both use Head as does Zhou Mi.
    Lots of social players in London seem to be buying Head which seems interesting, probably the metallix range which is slightly cheaper.
    After many years of using Yonex ( still happy to use them AT700/3U @24x26lbs Microlegend and MP99/2U NBG95 @19x21lbs still too stiff). I just think exploring other rackets helps other sides of your game. The Zelm/Kimony are alot lighter so great for defense and net movements, where sometimes I fail to defend properly with my AT700.
    The Power Helix technology sounds quite interesting, I think helix shaft stores more energy or is more stable, but then the helix pattern may mean the shaft is more stiff, which i don't need because my other racquets are quite stiff anyway.

10. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

then I think 7000 would be better.

11. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I have the 2009 version and 2010 version (with youtek/teflon grommets) of the PH 8000. The 2010 version is ~10mm more head heavy, but I dont think the BP on the specs have changed :confused:

12. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    HEAD seem to have taken their foot of the gas a little with regards to their badminton range, despite just recently updating their product catalogue for 2011. When they first entered the badminton 'scene' around 2007, HEAD were very successful in attaching themselves to some very high profile names, namely Mi Zhou, and Matthias Boe. With Donna Kellog now retired I can't think of anyone else, apart from Anthony Clark who use Head rackets. Viktor Axelsen, who previously used the Power Helix 10000 is now sponsored by Yonex. Shame, their new range of Power Helix's look awesome.

I had a Head Metallix 6000, which I sold to a friend around 6 months ago as he desperately needed a new racket. Looking back now I wish I hadn't as it was an awesome racket. However, I've just ordered a pair of Power Helix 7000's (YouTek / Teflon grommets) for less than half-price. The deal was too good to ignore. I already use an Arc 10 as my main, which I love, but I can't justify the full asking price tag for a spare racket; £139.99. Besides, everyone seems to use Yonex so it's nice to see something different in clubs.

#32 allyjack110, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  13. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

Head marketing really need a kick in the derriere.
    Anyone heard of the Head Metallix Pro? What about the Metallix SuperPower?
    Not on their website but I see it in the shops in the UK.

Why would a manufacturer have a racket not mentioned on their website?
    Both have RRPs of £99.00 so it's not even the cheapo stuff...

14. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I've noticed that as well. I believe the Metallix Pro is similar to the Metallix 10000. Carlton are guilty of that as well. They have dozens of rackets out there with little or no information.