Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jul 26, 2009.

1. joeyf

joeyf Regular Member

Singles/Doubles Player
    Why you selling your Z-Slash?

2. joeyf

joeyf Regular Member

Singles/Doubles Player
    Well, my clears are good, I mainly use wrist. My smashes are quite good and my drops are nets are good to.

Did not mean to double post :S

3. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Couldn't get any consistencies with the Z:(...love the AT900P..have an extra as backup as well:).

4. joeyf

joeyf Regular Member

Singles/Doubles Player
    Do you mean that you couldn't hit in the sweetspot often? Is it hard? The racquet I'm playing with now is Stiff-Extra Stiff and is pretty heavy (Wilson V2) so I don't know if it'll be too much of a drastic change :S People have said the AT900T has really good handling. HARD DECISION!!!

5. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    To avoid redundancy, it would be a great idea to scan this thread from the beginning. I'm sure you will reach a decision before the end.:D Have fun.

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

it's not a hard decision based on what you have said, the at900t wins hands down

7. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

If you are as pro as you sound, try the ARC-Z. shouldn't be too much trouble.

8. thinklabs

thinklabs Regular Member

I've tried the Z for a month, I really did, played nothing but the Z for 10 hours per week, and I must say this racket is not for me. My game suffered and I still can't get used to the swing speed and stuff. Guess I'm not good enough. If anyone in the Vancouver area wants it, the ad is in the Buy and Sell forum.

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

why don't you let him make his own choice.
    The AT900t is more forgiving, bigger sweet spot and cheaper. And overall is probaly for the majority a better choice.

10. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

I tried the 900T and it just didn't feel right for me so YMMV.
    I had a 800DE 4U and LOVED that sucker until someone killed it (clash).

Right now I'm using the Z-slash, Ti-10 3rd gen, and a Arc 7.
    Z-slash when my partner knows how to play. Ti-10 when for so so players, and Arc 7 when with beginners. Sometimes I switch all over the place :) No really big difference in play level, although I am conscious of the swing types used between all rackets. I find that with the Ti-10 I have to take it easier on the swings in order to generate the power.

All of them strung 25/27 NGB 98

11. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Did you attempt to bring it the racket hospital? :eek::D

12. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman

13. Paragon

Paragon Regular Member

:O i just got my arc z, hopefully it wont be that hard to get accustomed to it, Im playing with it tomorrow, ill post my experience with the racket tomorrow also

14. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

Unfortunately I didn't get anything said to me. I have demoted him to my Ti-10/Arc 7 group.

15. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    :eek: That's sad!! Wonder what's the norm is when something like this happens. Should the victim be compensated a certain percentage of the replacement cost? Maybe this should be on another thread:rolleyes:. At least a heartfelt apology:mad:.

16. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

Yeah it sucks. I think he believes it's my fault, but I know others who have clashed with him before. I wasn't too miffed about it since my 800DE was about 4 years old already. I think a sorry would be ok, really can't ask for money since it is a risk you knowingly take when playing.

#1616 dimcorner, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  17. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    You're a gentleman.:)

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

He is a gentlemen, a sorry wouldn't have went a miss though.
    This has already been discussed in another thread, I will just give you some points made from it:
    Playing doubles there is always risk involved, and it is like a unwritten contract when you step on a court with a partner, that you have agreed to play with him/her therefore up one shall be really held accountable, in the case of a clash, resulting in a break. Unless you can prove it was deliberate, malicious etc.
    Asking for compensation shouldn't happen, it should be up to your partner to offer compensation. You can't expect an young inexperienced beginer to fork out $200 for a new zslash at900 etc. They will los intrest if that happens Instead use common sense and and buy a $30 racket to play with amatuers unknown partners etc

19. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    You're right, LD rules. I had a brand new racquet(carbonex 20:crying:) broken while playing with a senior a while back. There was no apology or anything. I stopped playing for almost 5 years while living in that community.

#1619 chilli, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  20. Paragon

Paragon Regular Member

Amazing Racket

After just receiving my ArcSaber Z-Slash, i franticly scurried to take it out of the bag, once i took it out, i couldn't help myself from not trying a couple swings and seeing how the grip was. I would have to wait until today to finally give it a test run.

Despite the z slashes isometric slim head, it reminded me of an older iso racket, so i thought i would feel right at home. In the warmup i was amazed how efficiently the racket moved through the air, the racket produces a lot less drag, probably because of the combination of a thin shaft, smaller frame and frame width. The racket felt about evenly balance, but it might have been weighted slightly towards the head. I began the warm up with baseline to baseline clearing, with the racket and its speed it almost felt effortlessly. there was depth and precision in the control of the racket.

Game time, the racket handled better than expected, despite all the negative attitude to the head shape of the racket i saw on the forums, but i guess that is based on personal preference. It seams that when you play with this racket you have the urge to play more aggressively. the fast swing speed it the only problem one might have with this racket, i only mistimed or mis hit a couple shots in the badminton session. but the power you achieve when you connect with this racket is incredible. i believe that i had some of the best smashes so far in that session. But be warned the the myths about this beast not putting out on defense is true, it is a tad more difficult in retrieving the birdie, but is easier to play if you make contact

In conclusion the ArcSaber is a great racket for an aggressive player, the speed and power of it is exhilarating and the depth of percussion on shots is great. I would rate this racket a 9/10, lacking only in certain aspects defense and the price is quite steep at $240 US