no energy help!

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Chong Fu Chih, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Chong Fu Chih

Chong Fu Chih New Member

Student
    sometimes when i go training or when i meet my friend to play a few games i will get tired very very quickly i dunno why can someone tell me why?:(

2. neogenesus

neogenesus Regular Member

student
    Did you eat something before practice? If yes, how long ago did you eat? It is recommended that you eat at least 1-2 hours before you exercise because if you eat and exercise right away, you may experience "bonking" which will make you weak.
    Did you have enough sleep? Lack of sleep can make you tired really quick also unable to focus when playing. 7-8 hours of sleep is recommended.

3. cec2c1

cec2c1 Regular Member

Hi Chong Fu Chih,maybe you haven't play sports for a long time,so your body wont get use to it or you dint sleep enough like neogenesus said.If ur sick,you can be tired after playing a while.

4. druss

druss Regular Member

It can be a combination of many different factors but if it happens often then I'd have to say it's your lifestyle. If badminton is the only exercise you get and it's not regular then your body will get out of shape.

5. fuchih

fuchih New Member

none
    sometimes i eat bread b4 i play and i have been playing badminton for a long time like 1 year and i cant seem to get my top form and i mostly sleep 6 or 7 hours

6. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

most badminton related cause would be that your foot work is wrong, dragging your feet around the court will tire you out pretty quick

7. Mikael

Mikael Regular Member

Business
    Before the game: eat a banana like at least 30-20 minutes before the game. Drink some little water, but not to much of course. DONT ever eat a really large meal within 3 hours before you go on court. U migth have a little 30 minutes powernap before u travel to the training court. Also remember mental warm up.

During the game: have a bottle of water to drink from, the need for this is very individual and also depends on how fit u r compare to the lenght and ease of the game. Drink only small amount of water each time you drink. U migth mix some little sucker in the water, but normally it should not be necesarry.

After the game: a banana again or some Wasa sport like stuff (www.wasa.com) and/or some water or cacao.

Training cycles:
    your fitness comes in cycles depending on how you train. After a week of really though training u migth have some few weeks of bad fitness, before u become better again.

#7 Mikael, Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  8. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

If you can rule out hunger or not enough sleep as the reason for being tired, then it could well be overtraining or a slight cold (that you don't even notice). What often helps is to take a day or two off (or even a week if you keep being tired). Or to replace your normal training with non-intensive technique training (i.e., no leg work).

9. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    You smoke?????????????????????????

10. clampy

clampy New Member

maybe playing a bit more will help, join a club or something