Unpleasant experience at Sport Expert.

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by YinLoung, May 11, 2008.

1. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    LOL... I'm actually considering this idea, I'm willing to bet I would be the victor... On second thought, I guess there would be no contest because he'd basically apply the same 'logic': "These courts are too abstract! Intangible! They're fake!"

He also said that they don't have the same flex... (without even physically testing it in any way.) These people humor me... Essentially: String my racket and stfu, stop blaspheming your falsifications and do it for the sake of someone truly enjoys the sport without your tumor of a racket code assumption.

2. druss

druss Regular Member

Well at least he didn't say it was fake (or did he?). As for "contraband", it may not be a CD coded racket but it's not illegal to own one, just against Yonex policy to sell one in Canada. If you order online there is not much anyone can do about it.

Seriously, there must be some guys that string out of their homes in your area. Maybe we should start a thread/resource for guys with stringing machines for each region that are willing to string for others.

#42 druss, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  3. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    unpleasant experience at Sport Expert

If you're planning on stringing higher than 22-23 lbs, I wouldn't recommend stringing at Sport Experts (at least the one on St. Catherine's downtown). They have a hybrid 4 pt contact machine meant for tennis but 'serviceable' for badminton. You'd definitely be risking breaking your racquet...

4. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    I agree with robsilver: http://www.racketsportsmontreal.ca/, or you could try the RSLcanada guy... If he's still there, he's on Aylmer St. (near McGill campus). I've never tried his stringing, but at least he has a machine set up for badminton!

5. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    No worries, I broke BG80 @ 23 lbs before I brought it there it was done by the shop in HK, lasted about a month for me... this time is @ 21 lbs with NBG 98... It'll be a odd change... but it's just because I don't trust them and I need the job done somewhat on short notice.

6. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Wow, near McGill, I was always under the impression that they did most of their stringing at Andre Laurendeau school. Maybe I'm not up to date on things. I will definitely consider them next time, I work on University Street... that's nearby! It's just because I live on the South Shore.

7. greyes

greyes Regular Member

professor
    Sport Experts

Btw, the RSLCanada guy is part of this forum so you could contact him directly here. I bought a racquet from him a few years back. Also, there' s no sign or anything for his business, as he works out of his home.. anyways, bonne soirée!

8. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    Dude, I would have left after they said 24lbs is too high~

Bit the bullet and buy your own machine... it pays for itself in the long run.

9. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

You do?

I know the RsM stringer and he works for McGill on University & Sherbrooke, his name is Jake

If you need to contact him let me know and I'll give you his info

10. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

What bother me the most is the string price, BG-80 is 39.99$ and they offer free stringing, wow how kind. It's fine to encourage local but when i pay my string 6.75$, 40$ is just ridiculous.

11. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Biotech Sales / Marketing
    Ha! All sp rackets are fake, which means the counterfeit manufacturers only put "SP" there to identify themselves easily since there are no authentic ones out there.

How ingenious.

12. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Well, there is a partial solution that I consider because I still haven't bought a stringing machine. Order my BG 80 from Mybadmintonstore or the likes, then bring it to sports experts and their labor is 12.50. It's about 15-20$ cheaper overall.

LOL, considering their labor is $12.50 if you have your own string, 40.00-12.50=27.50 for BG 80 string itself ahaha... that's retarded.

13. pro1992

pro1992 Regular Member

Student and Coach
    haha...cant believed this actually would happen lol

14. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    should purposely bring them genuine JP and CH coded rackets and see what they say :)

15. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Have they ever mentioned that your strings are counterfeit since strings that I buy from HK usually have SP printed on the bottom left of the package.

16. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Biotech Sales / Marketing
    All codes are fake except CD

17. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    I typically use JP strings (NBG 98 and BG 66S are my true loves :eek:) and they say nothing about my strings, in fact they tell me that I'm bringing "the real deal". However, they still have issues with my SP coded ArcSaber Z-Slash... LOL, then I tell them that I got my strings and racket from the same shop and they practically get all their goods from Sunrise. They still won't admit they're bullshitting me, no matter how convincing my argument is. I have heard of people with CH and SP strings getting BS from Sports Experts, so I'm sure they would be idiots about it...

I should get the Yonex Canada representative to go with me to Sports Experts and then he'll guarantee the authenticity of my Z-Slash to the SE-tards. That would be earth shattering.

18. druss

druss Regular Member

I don't think that a Yonex Canada rep would do anything to help you since it's a SP coded racket. If they want to be that stupid about it then let them... "ignorance is bliss".

19. MrChrisBT

MrChrisBT Regular Member

Student, Cook
    Alright, get the plane! :rolleyes:

20. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bros, if u all say so , then all Singapore Yonex racket all SP coded all fake ones /??:confused: