Taufik Hidayat's apology for the 2009 Super Series Masters Finals failure

Discussion in 'Super Series Masters Final 2009' started by chris-ccc, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Yonex fails big time in pushing the Taufik line of clothing now, instead of years ago when Taufik was actually a "winner"... now Taufik is always beaten by the likes of LCW, Bao, Chen Jin, and Lin Dan. He had not won a single set out of these guys for so long. The recent scores he lost to LCW have been pathetic(lack of a better word)... twice he got beaten with less than 21 points added together in 2 sets.

Frankly, why would anyone buy a shirt with a (currently)under-achiever's name at the back any more... I bet Yonex will figure out to push a LCW line only when LCW begins to go downhill later.

Seriously, Taufik should retire right the way if he ever wins a super series tournament, and do it soon before he damages his own reputation and "legacy" any more.

2. whack_d_net

whack_d_net Regular Member

Student
    I did, but oops i forget to mention that thread, LOL :p

Hahaha sorry, i didn't intend to say that you're the one who brought up the whole TH vs LD issues :D
    If you read carefully, i just implied that your responds kinda funny, some of them even sounds "bitter" towards TH
    I can't bear to imagine if you're LD's lawyer or has TH let you down so badly till you become like Mysterio characters from The Incredible movie?
    LOL, just kidding :D:D:D

Certainly, TH's peak performance already over. But though he isn't in his prime time anymore, he still roaming around in his 15min of fame :rolleyes:
    I don't know if TH has fooled his sponsor or not, but you must admit that he still "quite" popular and can attract "some" crowds around the globe, his clothing line also doing "okay"
    (Off topic: btw how bout LD's Li Ning line?)
    It proves that the sponsor(s) and supporters still have a lil faith and hope on him, rite? :)

About his continuous "responds" i guess it's part of PR works and to stay connects with his supporters
    But aside than those "image and marketing" i hope he also show some good progress on his game
    It's never too late to bounce back before he finally retired, IMO :):)
    It's almost impossible to regain his former self, but as long as he manage to put himself, his passion, his stamina, and his motivation altogether, that would be just fine to entertain us ;);)
    Just a thought. Peace! :D:D:D

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I just hope..

..Taufik's 2010 badminton campaign won't become his "Apology Tour"..

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Badminton fans should not be bitter towards any of our top players

Well said, whack_d_net,

Many fans of TH appreciate Taufik's comments via his blog. It's great that TH continues to respond when his performance is not going well. In another few years' time, TH will retire. Fans will still be wanting to read what he's got to say.

PG is also fading away. We can also see that PG is communicating with us via his Facebook.

Hope that LD and LCW will also join TH and PG to comment via the internet.

Badminton fans should not be "bitter" towards any of our top players. Fans should allow them to speak, and not to shut them up.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    chris, i know u r not a kid but are u that naive?
    Who's stopping TH speaking out? In fact, the more he talk the more i find fault in that boy. Have u forgot taufik calling LD arrogant?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38586
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2006-12/03/content_749033.htm

have u forgot taufik calling LD an actor?
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64110&highlight=actor
    why wait for TH to retire before reading what he say? Nobody is muffling him.

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

When TH said his draw was tough, it's true for him. TH has bad records against both LCW and BCL whereas he would have a fighting chance against all the Gp B players like PG, BP, PSH and JOJ. TH would still have a chance to win a SS title if he does not have to play LCW and the CHn musketeers. But he really has to up his fitness at least 50%. He's just too slow to win.

TH line of clothing is a reflection of TH's star appeal. It is not dependent on his current badminton titles. It's not a bad idea for him continue playing and losing to upcoming MS rookies since it will boost the youngsters' confidence.

Some fans only judge by match wins. Others just like their idols because they like their style of play. TH will have enough fans to keep his line of apparel going for quite a while.

7. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Oh would you guys get a life?! He said that before the tournament, I don't see how it could possibly be an excuse. It's not funny. I'm glad you guys think it's absolutely hilarious mocking Taufik in every thread you can find on him. Nothing better to do than to rile up the fans. Have a little respect. You and cooler and anyone else who can't help themselves... It's just disgraceful.

I could say the same for you.

#47 phaarix, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

what took u so long, after my +20,000 posts. Are u that slow? lol
    Obviously u now resort to personal remark.

Respect?? to someone who call LD (or any other person) arrogant, an actor, unprovoked...:rolleyes: Admission of LD being the best all around player after getting beaten so many times, is NOT an apology. Maybe u r worshipping false idol

#48 cooler, Dec 6, 2009
  9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

u r naive too lol.
    Lets look at this logically.
    U r saying TH could win the SSMF if TH was in group B instead? Since TH lost to LCW when he was fresh by a pathetic score of 21-6 21-13 in short 27 mins, u still think TH can beat LCW in the final when he will be tired, battered and aching all over coming out of group B? If he pulls a groin injury from bcl match, what might other injury he'll suffer playing the full rounds in group B? The only good part TH in group B is he might score a win over JOJ, lol. Fighting PG, BP and PSH will take 3 sets and i doubt TH can last that long nor come out unscrathed? lol

My realistic view is TH wouldn't even win in group B, let alone being a finalist, and the fantasy of winning the SSMF title LOL.

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Never thought that allowing top players to speak up could generate such response

Never thought that allowing top players to speak up could generate these replies.

#50 chris-ccc, Dec 6, 2009
  11. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    this was a very good way of telling him, unfortunately he does not listen

12. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

carefully, ppl might say is TH still top player??:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    beside i heard some personal remarks from someone who
    is saying someone personal remarking him :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    fantastic.....

13. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

Poor TH, Hurray LD, thats the rule....

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

no, it's hurray for clarity, and let the truth rule

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

this so call top pro player whines about bad draw and whimper out without winning one set out of 3 matches.

16. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

why the hate vs taufik? thx god im not indonesian because i wouldnt be able to bear watching my idol getting pwned this bad once in a while but the truth is

INA doesnt have anyone better until Santoso becomes consistent
    his backhand is still magical
    give the man credits for trying, hes not winning but hes doing a lot better than... 99% of the players out there...

the problem with MS is that there is:

Lin Dan

LCW

the rest

until the skill levels out which wont be the case in a while since youngsters can improve for some reasons and old geeks keep getting older... scenarios like today's will go on for a while

P.S. I would buy TH shirts if they were actually decent looking -_-

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it's einstein law of relativity.
    TH still plays for INA because like u said, there isn't any better INA players. U gotta thanks pbsi foresight for TH's today ongoing income.
    WOW, that is some mighty accolade for a player who is so gifted, a magician who has a WC and OG title. LOL

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

No life? Absolutely hilarious? Nothing better to do than to rile up the fans??..

..i know how it feels, phaarix. I mean it hasn't been an enjoyable yr for Taufik and his fans other than him winning a couple of GP or GP Gold titles..;)

19. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

No, we all know you love to troll. Sometimes it's just a good way to pass the time. Sure it makes things interesting. But you go way too far. And yeah, 20,000 posts and you're still at it? Don't you have anything better to do? Sometimes I think... for trolling... you certainly spend a LOT of time on the one topic... bitter about something (the trolling just a mask for your true feelings)?

Why should that bother me?

#59 phaarix, Dec 7, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  20. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Wait... doesn't this sound familiar? I'm sure you said something similar before... just replace 20,000 with 16,000 or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.