Tan Chun Seang

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Loh, Jun 5, 2007.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    You sound like a used car saleman...LOL:p

2. fwchiang

fwchiang Regular Member

student
    1 word, RACIST !

3. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

They are a versatile breed, yes?

We survive in the harshest environments. Thanks for the compliment.

Off topic tho.

Fact is, TCS is now 'armed' with an ability to earn a living with Badminton. This was given by BAM.

The same obligation most scholarships / study loans would have towards a University Student / Graduate.

We must understand that these few years of 'studying' or in badminton terms... training are an 'investment to improve self' for the potential better gains of 'future' income. Even both education and badminton.. there is no Promise.

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

in this case, i don't believe racism is the issue.
    the shuttlers fined when they joined nusa mahsuri all those years ago were of a different race as well.
    don't get me wrong though, racism is an issue in malaysia, just not in this case.

5. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

Perhaps TCS feels that it is useless to talk/negotiate the matter with BAM coaches and officials. What are the chances of them will listen? He might concluded that BAM will not accomodate his demands so the only option he got is to quit.

Besides that, environment and peer pressure can also influence him. Those friends who left BAM and doing well outside and maybe pressure/unhappiness with the training environment / underperforming or expectation to perform by the coaches had taken its toll on him. Ask any national player... who doesn't want to train less, more money and yet being send to many tournaments? In BAM, you have to be the front line or else you will probably sit on the cold bench for the longest time until you perform well.

6. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    People, especially Malaysian wont think like that.

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    What is the logic if u are not doing well, you still have the chance to be sent regurlarly participating tourneys?

Useless to tell BAM? Instead keep quiet, he choose to lie to BAM of his reason to quit.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

One of the fact that still remains -> TCS is banned where others were not, we already debated this in the other thread.

WIth paper qualifications, at least can get some job that pays higher, better promise. That's true in Msia employment market, you also know.;)

With just SPM(maybe not pass also) & no work experience except playing badminton, much less chances for employers in other fields to employ...
    That's what the employers & parents will be thinking & that's the reality.

So, it's not a surprise those who had study scholarships left, will continue to leave.

9. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

That is stated by CS that he don't want to go through the tough training in BAM but still hope to compete in international tournaments...... a privilege that is only offered by the outsider clubs. There are lots of KLRC players who did not perform well but still get the chance to be send to tournaments regularly... where's the logic?

I don't deny that there is communication problem between CS and BAM. I think CS learned his lesson well and by mean "he thinks" is only base on his own perception which might not be true. That is why in my earlier post i stated that he should have consult someone trustable as a mediator in this matter and not quitting impulsively but he made a mistake by not being honest with his reason for quitting BAM. Even if he is honest with his reason, will BAM let him go...? That's the question.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The key here is he already talk to them(bf Hendrawan came) or that's what I gather.
    Of course boss is always right, they can pretend dunno when already know, which is a common politics tactic - stimes need to use tape recorder as proof.:D:p:p

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I guess TCS wants to have the freedom to be able to play professionally to earn a decent living after sacrificing 7 years in regimental training. Since he is still young and maybe able to settle in to a more agreeable training schedule with another club or on his own, perhaps something like WCH and TH.

He is complaining because he has been effectively stripped of his liveihood if BAM stick to their guns. Although it is true that BAM gave him the chance to be trained as a professional, TCS must have also played his part all these years by doing reasonably well at tournaments to repay BAM. As other more or less similar cases have gone unpenalized in the past, should not TCS be allowed to be set free of sanctions also?

12. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

perhaps they could have imposed some kinda pay-your-own-way out of BAM deal. for instance, they could require TCS to repay say 20% of his winnings over the next X years.

13. winnie

winnie Regular Member

this is the more reasonable solution! i do agree with u!

14. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Wha, can get girlfriend meh with RM500 per month?
    How to go shopping or eat out in KL (city) with this pocket money?

15. jensen9173

jensen9173 Regular Member

Easy lah! get the GF with a lot of $$$ then GF pay and request for $$$$ also:eek::D.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So..

- According to this post:http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1264058&postcount=1472, now we know what really happened and the real story why TCS is being suspended.
    - Back to my earlier post. In regards to the 2nd point, is there any written clause in the contract agreement between TCS & BAM, that BAM has the right to terminate or keep TCS for whatever inappropriate action he commits?
    - I can see BAM is trying to teach TCS a bit of a lesson and in a way to still protect him (and still support him financially) rather than to "kick him out into the street". But I would consider BAM's punishment of 2 yrs of not being able to compete to be a bit harsh. I would say a 1/2 yr punishment is enough for TCS to learn his lesson. I mean, okay, he was dishonest and told conflicting stories, but was his action really that bad to deserve a 2 yrs suspension?? Or is 2 yrs the amt of time left TCS has in his contract w/BAM??..
    - If another private baddy club wants to sign him, then let them do so & let him go. I don't see why BAM is afraid of losing him unless he has the capability (or has proven records) like LCW. Afterall, from the incident, they now know his personality/character.

#356 ctjcad, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    TCS can go to Japan club and being sparring partner..seriously....money is good...he can earn easily US$ 2000 to US$ 4000 per month ..plus accomodation..UNISYS, NTT, NEC, Tonami, Sanyo...there are at least 16 BIG clubs...some INA players like Ahmad Rivai, less known than TCS earns good living for playing UNISYS...some INA TOP double players can earn US$ 200 to US$ 300 for sparring per day( for short period time only)...even Alvent got a good contract just for playing UNISYS...

There is a plenty things to do for TCS for next 2 yrs...go to Japan and at least he can practice the language and badminton skills, etc....all he needs to do is wake up...change some attitudes, and move on..he will be OK..

#357 huangkwokhau, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The way you put your thoughts in the previous posts would be like a car salesman polishing his sales pitch to justify a good deal for a clunker:p:D and I am referring to Items Gained:4,6 in your previous posts.

But I do agree with you in many aspects such as it does take a lot of time and investment to develop a MAS baddy player. 7 years of investment, I agree with you, is from both sides and could cost more than most University education costs. It is a very risky business and nobody force TCS or any player to venture into. No venture, no gain.
    If the player turns out to be a champion, he/she can harvest all the cash (unlike CHN, player keeps half) and a potential millionaire Datuk with air stewardess breathing down his neck...hmmmm:p:D but if the venture turn sour, big trouble but in the end, can blame no one.

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Top Student means TOP GRADUATE la... not the TOP PROFESIONAL!

If wanna compare LCW, LCW is top badminton player in MSIA so gotta compare with TOP LAWYER o ACCOUTANT in msia..

If u compare LCW earnings to TOP LAWYER, LCW is earning peanuts!

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    This is a good idea.