Communication with Partner

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by chrisnchips, Sep 9, 2009.

1. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    What's the best way to try and help your partner when you notice they're not in balance? Try and up their motivation? Tell them to relax and take it easy (in means to help them focus more)?

I try my best to improve my doubles game and I'm not sure if I should blame our losses at all on my partner. I deem it as bad to do that... but is there a better way to approach it? Maybe just more practice together is all it takes.

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    change partner... that's the way forward...

no point bashing him...

if he has no mood to play... that's even worst!

3. chrisnchips

Student
    He wants to play... but gets tired easily and doesn't push himself after that. Most of the time he says he's tired before he breaks a sweat. it gets annoying

4. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    If it's your best friend, I would say choose your words wisely. I know badminton is a great thing to do, but losing a friend no, badminton is not even come close to compare a friend. But if they're just happen a person who you met in the club and say oh hey play with me on these days, then I'll say let them go find someone else.

And as the best friend situation, I would say umm... lol I don't know. Well if your best friend is one of those rare one, that understand people and not get piss on little things like this then say it. If and only if you know him is that kind of people.

5. chrisnchips

Student
    ya, i agree... we'll see. I have hopes that we can improve

6. kirby3

kirby3 Regular Member

how quickly does he get tired? If you are playing best 2 out of 3 matches you might want to takes breaks and rests between.

7. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Not knowing the exact details of your situation, I would suggest that the both of you sit down and identify the goals and objectives that each wants out of the partnership. If you want to play seriously and your partner does not, then no matter what you do, it is not going to work. Both of you have to have the same or similar goals.

Once that's established, then motivating and helping each other and improving your game is going to be easier. Good luck.

8. BadHustle

BadHustle Regular Member

kimpetai
    Yes, I agree with Winex West Can, especially in the goals of playing and achieving. If he/she is a real friend then there would be honesty, sincerity and a higher standard of honor on those goals. But if he/she just a companion, club member or a stranger playing partner, then you should not be so serious and deep on the aspect of a true play and expectation. Badminton just like any other sports and endeavors do have a share of husters and con artists.

9. benjapol

benjapol New Member

Sit down and talk to him/her. I believe it would help a lot. By the way, you might need to try harder to cheer him/her up. Or you should think positively like "OK! I have a good chance to exercise more and improve my skill".