teenager temper

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by kwun, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    Best solution to this is a flying elbow into the ovaries. Solves the problem every time. Now if they only made the assault charges less vicious...

I agree that maturity is not proportional to age although in real life, it's really hard to tell because most adults cover any blatant weakness well. Not so on the internet... anonymity+ego+rage=funny chat logs. Really prevalent in gamers. Some of the older gamers, 25+ whine like little girls. Yet they don't in real life because....dunno.

2. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Perhaps a clear distinction has to be drawn between the different types of temper. I sometimes, after making one too many simple mistakes, will shout at myself - just to psyche myself up.

I think anger and temper, directed at your own self can be a good thing, provided you know how to use it to calm and collect yourself together. I do not condone directing them at your partner though.

Justin

3. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    I don't think temper at myself helps me. It makes me play worse. If anything, I direct my temper towards my opponent, but don't actually show it. What I mean is, on court, they'll see me as fairly calm. While inside, I'm really raging and lusting to tear off their heads. Works wonders for me because it makes me want to win. It's ok I think because I don't actually show it openly on court. And once I'm off the court, shake their hands, I'm all for a good time :D

4. kirby3

kirby3 Regular Member

Hi im new to these forums, but relating to the topic, I have someone in my class who also has a attitude problem. She wont move (we are playing doubles) she stands way too far away from the middle spots so the opponents usually get the point and when anyone tells her otherwise she says "I'm trying" even though she is clearly not. I dont mean to be rude to her but geez people like that suck all the fun out of badminton.

5. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    sounds like u guys are beginner/low-intermediate level

instead of telling her to cover mid more, etc. during the game... try taking time aside to help her improve her position on court b4 u play games. Be more than just another person telling her she's doing something "wrong" and be a motivator. It is toughest to learn anything when a person is frustrated at themselves and/or their peers.

6. daiqi

daiqi Regular Member

Badminton Rackets Cost A Lot Wtf!!

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Some players just need time to develop their court awareness. Maybe she was caught up with the shuttle and forgot about her position. It happens all the time. You could either communicate with her more during the rallies and try to win with her or find another partner. If this is just fun and games, cut your losses and find someone else.

8. passiontea

passiontea Regular Member

Just like me, when i just started, i didn't know know how to play doubles.

9. RocKai

RocKai Regular Member

Hospitality
    Farrrrrr outtt!!! Some crazy people out there.
    Badminton rackets cost alot!!! I'd cry if I break mine. I wouldn't even throw my "Tantrum" 200 let alone whack it. If I absolutely have to whack it, I'll whack it on the person I hate the most xD. And since I'm so poor I work for the money myself, people who never have to work for their money I don't give a $hit about them. So avoid them as well if you can, go find and make some good friends for yourself.

And I wish I am those rich American kids, but without their temper. Usually rich kids have everything they want but don't appreciate it one bit. I'd roundhouse kick them in the face and quote Chuck Norris: "Men are like steel, when they lose their temper, they lose their worth!" Hahaha

And I also belive a person show their true colour on the court in the heat of the game, and it proves their quality. If a person is usually raging in a game, you can't expect them to act differently off-court. Really.

My 0.2c aka Worthless. :D

10. Xushi

Xushi Regular Member

being a teen haha.
    Agreed,
    Sometimes giving yourself a little psyche up will help you, but I think that when someone gets angry because they made a mistake, it will make the game really un-enjoyable for themselves subsequently defeating whole point of the game.
    I generally find that the people who don't get angry, but instead take it as a learning experience are the people who improve much faster.
    (and when I say that I mean "pissed off" anger, not "psyching up" anger)

11. RocKai

RocKai Regular Member

Hospitality
    Take a day off and think why you played bad that thing will probably help.

12. TedTheFarmer

TedTheFarmer Regular Member

I'll be the first to admit that I can get a little "passionate" but it only shows in my expression and I have the self-control to keep my actions well at bay. A lad in my team once had a hissy-fit when he lost a half-court singles match in TRAINING. If you think someone is holding you back because they get too disappointed or angry whilst playing with you then just tell them to slow it down and take a deep breath every time they feel angry, because the majority of the time as you get angry you tense up, which completely disables your ability to play an exceptional shot, making you even more angry and therefore tense. I'm speaking from experience so trust me, deep breaths and relaxation before the next point is the way forward.

13. qkyeong

qkyeong Regular Member

I used to have a very bad temper, when i am losing a game. That was back when i was still very young, around the age of 18 to 25. There was once, i was so mad i whack the racket at the rubber sole of my shoe and it cracked the racket.

As the year goes by, i think when people get older, their mentality also mature accordingly. Nowdays when i am losing a game, i do not get mad, instead i ask myself why am i performing so poorly. It has help me tremendously, in improving my skills.

14. Aznroman

Aznroman Regular Member

I would get upset from losing but eventually think of it as a positive learning experience which makes me up beat again. :)