Tyger T-610 stringing machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by badwally, Aug 11, 2009.

1. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    No vendor web site

My supplier just told me he does not have a web site to link to get a closer look at the machine but I have decided to buy it anyway so will post a few pics when I get it at the end of the month.
    Pete LSD what angle of shots do you want of the machine....

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Thanks badwally!!! A direct shot from the top as well as different horizontal shots will do :D.

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Badwally, I can testify that the shoulder supports are very sturdy and holds the frame very well.

4. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Its come at last....

Well I finally collected the machine last weekend and had it setup by Sunday. Here are a few pictures of the machine setup...

The last two pictures show my first attemp at pre-weaving but I failed:(. Did not read the instruction correctly from the prospeed stringing instruction web site. Will undo what I have done last night and try again tonight.

Supprisingly it was very easy to setup the machine. Came in two large box. One with the tension head machine and the other containing the stand. The stand came in about 4 parts.

I should have take some pictures before setting up so you can see how it was box and the parts before installing.

The tension head machine is quite heavy but the cowl is plastic so feel a bit flimsy but its not.

There are obly two fix clam I have not bough any flying clamps. Do I need some?

Will post some more pics when I have done my first racquet.:D

Attached Files:

5. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Pre-weaving

Well I started to string my first racquet. I am using the instruction found in www.prospeed.com.my/stringing.html and have completed the pre-weaving as shown in this picture.

Attached Files:

#25 badwally, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  6. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Started tensioning with machine..

One problem I found when I started to tension the mains is my first knot disappeared into the grommet. I think I did not tie the knot big enough. Only use two loops.

Attached Files:

7. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    One other issue

Another problem I encountered is that the fix clamp does not fit very well at the bottom cross. There is no room when the bottom cross is tighten. I got over this by placing the line in the clam before tightening.

Attached Files:

8. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Last few steps..

The rest of the pictures here shows the last few steps and the completed product. Note the kit does not come with flying clamps and it would have been abit easier if they were included. Will get 2 as soon as possible...The racquet is tension to 24lbs. I did slip a few times when I forgot to lock my fix clams and tension the lines. I just left it when this happened. Hope this is of use to anyone else looking at getting this machine. The tension machine is very simple to use compare to the time taken to weave and figurating out the instructions but once you do it one time you should have no problems.:D

Attached Files:

9. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Another issue..

I had another problem with the main with the first knot. I found it very hard to pull the string through the knot for tensioning. I had to use the plyer to pull the string out. I was not too happy with this as I think this will damage the string. Part of the problem may be that the knot had gone into the grommet but I think this would have been a problem even if it has not gone in. Does anyone has any suggestion to solve this issue.:confused:

10. Valentinas

Valentinas Regular Member

consultant
    WOW

You need to read instructions one or two more times. And stringing part of the forum as well.

Side supports must support racket frame from outside !!!

The "bottom" (near the shaft) post must be moved out. The posts (the big columns) are too close to each other and because of this reason you cannot clamp the bottom cross string. The side supports are placed too close to each other as well because of same reason.

What you need to do:
    Move the bottom post outside (that big one has a a big screw - release it, move the post outside and tighten it)
    Adjust the TOP and BOTTOM supports (at 6 and 12 - that one-finger and three-fingers things) so that SIDE supports at bottom will be between 12 and 13 grommets and side supports at the top will be placed between 10 and 11 grommets. It will take some time and possible a few tries. The result - it must be enough room to clamp every string with a fixed clamp and side supports are between grommets #10-11 at the top and grommets #12 and 13 at the bottom and not blocking any holes.

About the knots: pre-weave. Do not make ANY KNOTS. Put racket on the stringing machine. Do the mains from the middle - alternating left-right sides. After you have you clamps at the last string of each side - do the knot or knots (it depends if you are doing one piece or two piece stinging). I assume from the pictures that you are doing one-piece - so it will be one knot only on one side. Then go to crosses - in you case from bottom to top. After you are finished - make another knot at the top. Thats all.

You machine looks fine - after it is setup properly I think no flying clamps will be needed.

Regards,

Valentinas

11. Valentinas

consultant
    One more thing - there is one cross missing on the top. The last one must be 7.

Valentinas

12. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

That would help, but it doesn't look like there is much room for manoeuvre in those 6/12 supports. How long are the bolts?

13. Neil Nicholls

i.e.
    how much thread is holding those supports in place?

Attached Files:

14. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Realise that the first day I tried out. Some of the pictures here we before I realise my mistake. SorryI did not post a message about my mistake. I had corrected this in the final run.

I think you are correct but when I first place the racquet on the frame the racquet was too long in the head before tensioning. I should have remember that you can adjust the bottom bracket at the post as well as make fine adjustment with the screw. Can I ask you what if the racquet head was elongated for some reason, ie. bad stringing. Do you let the brackets be loose and rely on the tensioning to bring it back in shape.
    Did not know about the side support and where it should go as there was no mention in any of the things I have read that say it should go here or there. I presume when I close (via the screws at the side) the side support toward the racquet I just stop when it reaches the frame. I will have to experiment the next time I do another racquet with your instructions and see if I can work it out the side support positioning.

I other words you say not to pre-weave. If I follow your instructions correctly you would clamp one side and tension based mainly on the clamp holding the string tight when you tension the string. I will have to try that. The trouble with my this machine is that it does not come with any stringing instructions just the installation notes and some notes on recalibrating the tension head if required.
    I search the web plus Badminton Central for some instructions on stringing and the best I could find was the one listed at the ProSpeed web site. There is a lot of information in BC but they are all over the place and sometimes they are not very clear in what you are suppose to do. Especially if you are a newbe like me. It will take me several trials and error to get it right:eek:. Thanks Valentinas for showing me the way.

15. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Hmmm the ProSpeed instruction sheets say to tie up last cross at 30A. The numbering system they use in their instructions is from 1 to 35 starting from bottom and upwards. A is left side and B is right.:confused:

16. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    I don't think there are any room at all. There are 4 holes drilled into the side arm as shown in the photo below. I place the side brackets in the shorter set of holes. The instruction manual does not say how to place these and why 4 holes. Anyone can illuminate why this is so and which is best would be greatly appreciated.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

17. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Sorry Nicholls I misunderstood you initial question. I presume you are talking about the top and bottom support when you speak of 6 and 12 position. I am still coming to terms with the terminology.
    The 12 position does not have much room except for the fine adjustment via the screws but the 6 o'clock can be adjusted quite a bit as the whole bottom section main support pillar can moved backwards or forwards as shown in photo below. There is a big screw at the bottom you can release to move the pillar.

Attached Files:

18. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Tennis stringing method...

I just saw some good tennis stringing instruction on youtube. Can this be applied to stringing badminton racquet:confused:

19. Valentinas

consultant

I think you need to look at the pictures :). Go to www point yonexusa point com. Click on "badminton" on the right. Click on string/stringing instructions on the left. Scroll down - you will see the standart yonex patterns for different types of grommet systems. As I can see on the photoes you must use the "other racquets" scheme for you racquet.

Regards,

Valentinas

20. Neil Nicholls

Yes, this is what we meant.
    When you move this pillar, it also moves the position of the side supports.

But it also move the position of the 6 o'clock support, so you need to extend the 6 support further away from the pillar so that it still comes inside the racquet, but there is a limit on how far you can extend this because the screw thread is only so long.
    This is what my pictures were of.

see also this thread
    www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41083