Kumpoo Power Shot Series

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Jun 29, 2009.

1. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

I wished I was there at the launch :(. I would have got a racquet at the same time :).

Some of the nurses and the models... just gorgeous. I wanna play badminton with them...

#41 aramistuscany, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    This forum is visited by many around the world. You guys keep on saying that you want to take picture with mei mei or play badminton with them, later everyone think that Singaporean guys are tiko :p

@aramistuscany

You keen on the Kumpoo ? I got a 4U 2300 Hexagon that I can consider letting go.

#42 teoky, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  3. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Yes but I want a 3U. 4U is out for me. Thanks for the offer :). Appreciate it.

By the way its normal for all guys to appreciate beautiful women ;)

@ Sealman

Thanks for the link

#43 aramistuscany, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Anyway, those that are very keen to get the Kumpoo, better do it before 31st Aug. Currently they have a promo at Siam Paragon and it is 20% discount for the Kumpoo.

The 2300 Hexagon is especially great value as compared to other models like the Nano Powershot 1500. The 2300 Hexagon list price is B6290 whereas the NPS1500 is 59xx but both has 20% discount and the 2300 Hexagon comes with a very very nice red bag that retails for B2900 but you can't buy it separately.

The bag is so nice that even my badminton friends who don't usually give comments also say what a nice bag it is.

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I tried the 4U 2300 Hexagon tonight and surprisingly the power is pretty good. Probably because I am getting used to it now, contact point, flex and everything.

It is a fast racquet, good for attacking doubles.

6. coolcat

coolcat Regular Member

manager
    Any idea where to buy Kumpoo in Singapore?

7. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Not available in Singapore.

8. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

can somebody help me differentiate Kumpoo PowerShot P830 and P800? compare to PowerShot Nano 2300 Hexagon, which one better for aggressive and offensive type player? double-play? I posted the similar thread just a min ago before i found this thread on google.

i heard that Kumpoo P830 and P800 can be strung upto max 40lbs, while 2300 Hexagon can go only upto 28lbs. what does that make any different?

9. racket_ooi

racket_ooi Regular Member

Teoky,

How's Kumpoo Power Shot Nano 2300 compared to Gosen Roots Aermet 8900 & Yonex Ti-10? I am considering buying one of these rackets and your comment will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

10. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I prefer the Hexagon 2300 to the Gosen 8900. For the Ti10, I believe you are referring to the current 3rd edition ? I never tried that before so I can't comment. I do have the Ti10 1st edition but from what I have read, there's a difference between the 1st edition and 3rd edition so my comparision between the Hexagon 2300 and my Ti10 is not going to help you since you can't buy a 1st edition Ti10.

For Gosen, you should consider the 6900 Boonsak model, I rate it higher than the 8900. Remember to get the 3U version of Hexagon 2300, it gives you more power and you don't suffer in terms of defence.

11. racket_ooi

Any reason you prefer Kumpoo 2300 to Gosen 8900? And any reason you prefer 6900 to 8900 (Blue 3U)?

What's the shaft length in Kumpoo 2300 vs 235mm shaft length in Gosen? I find that the Kick Point in Roots Aermet and its long shaft does help to generate more power in smashing. I am currently using both Gosen 5300 & 7900 and swapping them during matches (5300 for offensive & 7900 for defensive orientated games). Any effect you notice in having a haxagon shaft in Kumpoo 2300? Does it help to damp the vibration of the racket?

12. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Hexagon 2300 is more stable and is faster than the 8900.

The hexagon shaft does make the racquet more stable than the others I have used before.

13. racket_ooi

Teoky,

Is it possible for you to measure the shaft length of Hexagon 2300 as shown the picture below? Thanks.

Attached Files:

• Pic.JPG
      Pic.JPG
      File size:
      11.5 KB
      Views:
  14. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Just measured with a tape, 219mm.

15. racket_ooi

Thanks. The shaft is shorter by 16mm compared to Gosen 5300 (235mm). Fyi, the shaft length for other rackets:
    Gosen 7900 (228mm)
    SOTX Woven-7 (215mm)
    Yonex Armortec 900 Technique (208mm).

Btw, do you know whether Kumpoo Hexagon 2300 is available to purchase in Malaysia?

16. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I just purchased Hexagon 2300 3UG5, and it feels lighter.. or more to balanced than heavy-head. I haven't tried it tough. Might gonna give it a try 3 hours later.

Anyway, i wonder how much Hexagon 2300 is sold in Malaysia? here in Thailand, sold at THB 3850, original price was THB 6100. Meanwhile for Hexagon 2100 is available at price THB 3800, slightly less THB 50.

17. racket_ooi

Which shop did you buy this racket in Thailand? Do you have their address & website? Do you know whether they ship the racket to overseas? Thanks.

18. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Kumpoos are available at a few places. Siam Paragon, Super Sports etc.

Check out www.kumpoothailand.com

So far, Kumpoo only available in Bangkok, China and Japan. I heard the Vietnam distributor switching over to SOTX.

19. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

check out the web given by teoky. I believe they have the Thai address there. I'm not sure if they ship it oversea though.

20. badminto

badminto Regular Member

Student
    hi guys after hearing i feel like getting one too but does any1 noe how come the price on the thai website is soo much cheaper than that of the jap website? on kumpoo.com.jp the price of the hexagon 2300 is 28350 yen but in kumpoo.com.th its only 3950 THB. that is a lot of difference as the jap one convert to about 350 AUD whereas the thai one is only 150 AUD. does anybody noe why? oh also has anyone tested kumpoo shoes if you have pls comment i really want to noe n might get one. THX.