How do you rate your own badminton skills if Lin Dan gets 100 points?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by LingLing, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

haha tot we talking about skill level here??:rolleyes:

2. Pureskillz76

Pureskillz76 Regular Member

Lol, maybe if you mishit, you might be able to trick Lin Dan.

3. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student

Lol, this is the best response, in my opinion, so far.

I'd give myself a 10, just because I feel like it. He's only about 10 times faster than I am ^_~

4. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    Seriously, I don't know why people think Lin Dan is god. 0? geezzzz. Yea maybe if you're a person who can't even clear the bird.
    If you are consider as advance player, who able to do all the shots. from clear to backhand smash, i'm sure you able to get at least 5 points from him.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

no It is just the fact that he even though not ranked #1 is considered the best player in the world so people compare themselves to him and try to copy him
    Like people do in other sports like football remember when everyone used to copy ronaldinho and beckham ?

6. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    yea i was just speaking of the facts. There is no way you get 0 points from a rally scoring system, when you're playing 100 points. There gotta be somewhere in the middle of the match, an accident gonna happen. Mis-hit from you or from him. You make a drop and hit the net or watever, his misjudge? there are so many factor that can get you at least 1 point if you're consider as an advance player. Again, a person who can do everything from a clear to backhand smash.

7. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Lee Chong Wei only got 8 on him during the OG final game....and I think he's much better than everybody, even much better than all of the top 10 players.

8. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Cooler!
    You still with the generousy of Lin Dan .. ???

9. vorxaw

vorxaw Regular Member

i'd say i would get at least 4 points on LD, he cant kill me while serving, and my strategy would be hit everything right at the net, ive got 42 chances, 4's gotta go in my favour :)

10. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    Athelete1234 you should think about 21 points game and 100 points game differences. We're talking about 100 points game. That's a hella long game. Once something that happen for a long period of time, there's gonna be something UNEXPECTED to be happen. Well even if it's not a long period of time, unexpected things still happen.
    Here's for the final. If anyone able to go up to ask LIN DAN himself that question. See what he gonna say.
    I'll bet with you he ain't gonna say 100 - 0.

11. Athelete1234

Student
    I replied to a post talkign about 21 point system....why always lecture me about not reading when you don't read yourself?

12. gendruw

gendruw Regular Member

probably less than 10 points, and it comes from outs and luck shots hehehe

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yesterday evening playing badminton I was playing on the court next to allistair casey (ranked 70 in the world) warming up for next weeks world champs so I watched him playing for a while and when he finnished I was brave enough to ask him to play me to 11
    The bad news is that I lost 11-1 that point came from a well placed crosscort drop that clipped the net cord I don't know but I think he was trying maybe 70%-80% because I told him to try really hard

14. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    lol i'm amazed that you argue with me athelete1234, you were the one who just all suddenly use a 21 point system game to compare with 100 point. And another thing about the example you point out. you used lee chong wei vs lin dan. Which mean we have to compare ourselves with lee chong wei and then from there compare with lin dan? isn't that more problem?

Well anyway, since LD_rules able to get 1 points from a ranked 70 in the world. Was that rally system? and do you think you can get 1 point out of 100 from rank 1 or 2 or watever lin dan is now. I don't think there much of differences between rank 1 - 5. or even 1 to 10. I'll support you if you play agaisnt lin dan. And i'll bet that you'll get 2 at least. =)

15. 7SamuraiX

7SamuraiX Regular Member

hmm, in a game of 100 points, i could get onli 15 - 20 even wif my best efforts
    just keep trying to atk as much as i can without a care 4 defense

and LD rules, u were playing wif alister casey??
    he used to be playing in nz n assistant coach 2 my friend's team i think

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

no I reckon I could get 6-10 maybe if we played to 100
    Casey has an extreme smash as I found out a couple of times from poor lifts from me

17. Athelete1234

Student
    I give up. There are people who are misinterpreting this and suggesting that this means "on a game to 100 points, how many would you score against LD". The original intent is to say "what is your skill level if LD's is 100 and newbie is 0". I'm arguing for the second. It's obvious you haven't read the rest of the thread and are trying to argue the first.

I'm out, not wasting my time on this anymore...

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

achually maybe 8-13 points because of the presure of being up against the best I would maybe get 15-20 if I wasn't playing someone with a high profile but same skill level as LD

19. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    i think anything that is over than 10 is good already. But if you're a national player I think 30 can be possible, like the first person whoever posted it.

20. Paul_A

Paul_A Regular Member

Student
    I think that its easiest to think of the "skill levels" as an RPG games (which I don't really play but I know how they work =) ). from level 1 to level 2 takes very little time to get to, but level 99 to 100 takes huuuge amounts of time. so basically it becomes exponentialy harder to get better in skill as you get higher on the skill level. This thinking method would explain the small differences between world class players which puts them on top. So take someone like Lin Dan who would be level 100 and take Park Sung Hwan who would in my eyes be level 98 or 97. When you compare those players there isnt much different you can see in them, but Lin Dan has that extra something that makes him a better player. But for Park Sung Hwan to beat Lin Dan he will have to get to level 100. Which would probably require a lot more training etc. However if you take a rec player vs a low provincial player the rec player would probably get destroyed. so lets say the rec player is level 12 and the low provincial player is level 25. In these players you can see the difference in their skill quite easily. however for rec player to catch up all he has to do is probably spend a few months doing hardcore training to catch up and match the provincial player.

oh btw I am not a gamer who loves to compare games to real life. In fact I don't play any video games at all. I just find this comparison to be very accurate to how it really is.

in conclusion based on this systemI would rate myself at level 27, Lin Dan at 100, Lee Chong Wei at level 99.7 lol Boonsak at level 94 lol.