Doubles Tram line serve

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by shuttleheaven, Jun 30, 2009.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, there are 2 types of posters here:

1. Knows a lot, but still with down to the earth personality, and not afraid to share some personal experience, even including the not successful part. However, we all learned from such a lot, even though he never self claimed to be master.

2. Knows quite limited, but always sounds to "know all". Everything seems "easy for me", but can s/he really achieve such in real life, especially facing competitive matches. Well, I am not sure.

So, we all know who's who already, and some of the posts, we should treat them as treasure, as that's how we learn. Some other posts, well, treat it as a joke, when you feel bored. :p

2. terenceleong

terenceleong Regular Member

GM
    Big thumb up for u, LazyBuddy :D...

3. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    I'm feeling like you guys talking about me, well that's okay.
    Then i'll just say sorry =)
    However, i'm just going to say this for one last time. My point is just whenever you're in a weird situation, try to figure out how to encounter right away. Even that situation only appear 4 times per game or so. Because if you don't know how to encounter that, you just wasted 4 points that's 1/5 of a game.
    ok that's it, if you don't like my comment and how i think of things then like lazybuddy said treat it as a joke. It doesn't hurt anyone anyway.

And i do agree with mindfields, coach is just a person who there to guide you to your goal quicker than you're by yourself. You're the person who hit the shuttle, and you're the person who's gonna meet the challange not him, you can't depend on your coach while playing the game.

4. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I love playing as the partner of those people who do such a lame serve... for every point he wins by such serve(especially if the serve involves service fault), I will intentionally lose a point on behalf of him and myself with an unforce error in the next rally, as a bonus, he will also be accompanied by the additional half a$$ effort from me during the entire match, just so he will not enjoy the satisfaction of winning(not even a recreational match) haha.:p

From my experience, I noticed most of such servers tend to serve even worse as they start to feel additional pressure, and they start to serve with their racket higher and higher above their waist + the racket will almost be facing in an upward angle instead.

It's not fun playing with/against such players who view winning more important than playing with correct tactics and improving overall skill...

My suggestion is either adjust your own position like Gollum mentioned to deal with the serve, or simply just find better competition so at least you can enjoy the game instead of wasting 10 minutes or so of your life playing with them. Remember that's 10+ minutes of your life you can never get back. haha

#24 bananakid, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    There's nothing wrong to try to encounter right away, as everyone wants to win, wants to be competitive. However, right away, does not mean you are doing it the right way.

With my own observation in club level of playing, I see the main reason why so many ppl can not improve as they suppose to, is because they use the wrong measurement. They made it such a big deal, when they win, and feel so beat up when they lose. However, they never though it's also very possible they win, because the opponent is way too weak / partner way too strong, or they lose, becvause the opponent is way too superior / partner way too weak. They use the "win/lose" to judge what they are doing is right or wrong. Therefore, they mis-lead themselves on a wrong path.

Personally, I knew a few local players, who should be way better than they currently are. However, because they are so into the bang-bang games (as they can eaisly over power and over run beginners in most clubs), they dragged themselves into 1 dimension game. Therefore, if the competition level goes up, they suffer big time. Why they can not improve, because they are totally blinded by their daily "W/L" record.

All I am saying is, is your goal just to win a few more rallies / games during lower club level of playing (by using the serve, or your own way to encounter the serve), or your goal is to be successful in the future, which means yo may suffer a few "unlikely defeat" in some situation. Well, neither choice is wrong, but it's down to yourself to pick. :rolleyes:

6. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    Everyone functions differently. Whether it be slower reactions, quicker reactions physically or mentally. Thats not for us to critisize. The main thing players need to understand is, you cant always counterattack an event perfectly the first time. Some people have trouble covering this awkward serve.

And its more or less up to them to conciously learn from the events that happen. Just remember that if your someone willing to learn ~ every single point gives you the opportunity to learn something and improve on something in your game. Win or losing a point is irrelevant at times.

7. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    Well I just want to say this, lazybuddy. I might have to disagree with you on your observation about club leveling players. For a matter of fact, I think MOST (not all) badminton players like are matches that make them play all out and really close games. Another word is we like to play with people that around our skill level, equal or slightly higher (I don't know if anyone like to play with the weaker players) Because that's pretty much there at least some competition. We all know that if there is big gap between the skill lvl there isn't gonna be fun in it. That's what I think about GENERAL badminton players, we want fun game not winning or losing. I've played alot of games that lost but still have a great feeling out of the game because I had to tried really hard for every shot and pretty much played all out.
    And one more thing that you kinda confuse me is, people tend not to improve because they just care about w/l record?
    One question, If you're a type of a person who like to win all the time, WOULD you train and practice harder to be better and insure you'll win more games? If you ask me that question, heck yea I would. But too bad I don't mind losing. But itz true if i like winning i would train my rear end off to be better and win some more.

And I do agree with you guys said that it's all about experience. But I'm a type of a person like to get things out of the way asap. I rather get it over with it now than later. I can always refine the strategy or technique or any problem later. But come up with a ways to encounter a problem asap is not a bad thing. It doesn't hurt to do so.

8. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    A lot of people that play in a recreational club are not hardcore badminton players that practice hard on a daily basis(due to other factors, eg. other commitments in life, age,time, money, and etc), so, in order for them to do better in their win/loss ratio of the day, they may take short-cuts that they feel may work for them.

Try to think in terms of other people's perspective instead of always looking at the world from your own view, will help you understand a lot more things in this world.

The highlighted part is something that you may want to sell to a girl on a dating website instead of a bunch of badminton dudes on a badminton forum... because well... most of us don't care. no offense.

#28 bananakid, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  9. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    Uh I don't get it, are you disagree with me or agree with me?
    What I said is that most recreation players are just looking for a fun game, not a hard core players. I never said they are.
    And when I said when it comes to w/l record, I didn't talk about recreation players, I COMPLETELY just talking in general for all badminton players. (i did say "AND ONE MORE THING", yea really i did say that if you only read it carefully)
    And If you are agree recreation players are not hardcore shouldn't they careless about win/lose record? Since they are just searching for fun in the games they play with their friends? And that is why I DID completely talk in general not about recreation player specifically. (Only if you really read carefully, oh one more thing that this might help when you read what i said, don't have the feeling that you're hating me, because when you do, you dont' really care wat i said and just assume and "always looking at the world from your own view, will help you understand a lot more things in this world."

And please don't deny that you hate me, because obviously the last part you said is just lol totally hate me so trying to make me piss i suppose? Lol really. And here another hint if you don't care then don't bother read my post, fair enough just ask me straight forward and say "hey can you stop coming in this forum?" I'll be sure thing, no problem.

10. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

LOL.. it's very hard to hate somebody you do not know.

I do hate your writing. Personally, I find your choice of words minced at best and it's not the easiest to find the exact interpretation. You can help your readers by organising your thoughts and presenting your points clearly. That can save you a lot of repeating, explaining yourself and pleading others to "read carefully".

11. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    If the reader actually reads slowly, try to understand, and not to scan it and assume what I wrote, they wouldn't mis-understand what i said, and if they actually read their posts again that would help too.
    But anyway, an easy way is i'll just leave this forum, my badminton time is over. For now.
    One last thing, weeyeh. VERY HARD to hate somebody you do not know doesn't mean it can not happen. Hating my writing is hating a part of me; furthermore, my friend, you just hate me =) (don't need to deny =))
    But whatever, I do not need a guy to like me or love me, that is just disgusting.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    No one needs to hate you, because that's simply a waste of our time. ;) Instead of always expect others to "read carefully" or "understand you", you may actually need to spend sometimes to see what you can do on your own part. You can not change others, but you do can improve yourself. Once you see quite a group start to question of you writing, then maybe it's the time to "analyze yourself".

Anyway, this is not a popularity contest site. Whether you have 5,000 fellowers, or you are on your own, it's not important. :D