Yonex Top-end rackets origin BIG SECRET!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mokmatthew, Jul 17, 2009.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yonex is not lying when they say its made in Japan. Estee Lauder and other prominent brands is not lying either when they say its made in Paris or Italy... etc.

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Come on. It's obvious and YY didn't misled anybody at all. All they have done is identify that the butt cap is made in Japan! :) :) :)

3. norazlan

norazlan Regular Member

salesman
    for me actually where the racquet's made is not really the problem......the main thing is that the quality of the racquet is the most important whether it can be strung to the high tension or not because the fake one cannot to be strung to the higher tension like the original.....is it right ya...?

4. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

IMO, any information from China is 50% off.

5. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    how can you tell if the racquet is made in that country?
    seem like most of you guys said "the word on the bottom of the handle" Is it true? Because I think all or at least most of yonex racquets have that word on the bottom (JAPAN)

I thought we can tell by the serial code on it, where the triangle shape that between the handle and the shaft. Because I notice that there's TWxxxxx and USxxxxx (don't look at how many x, I just can't remember on top of my head, but the matter is the TW and US)

And one more thing that WE all just wanting the "REAL" racquets, but actually we do not even know which one is real, what if the one that really made in china are actually real? lol just a thought that could posible. But I mean oh well. Here's a method, we always say "what you pay is what you get" so pretty much if it's expensive is real? =)
    and cheap is fake?
    lol hey that's help right hahaha

6. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Here comes the 'Made in Japan' debate again.

If you read on the Chinese thread, there is also a huge debate down the line. I think if Silentheart has seen it in Japan, so I guess these is no doubt about it. Some say the molds are finished in China, and then shipped back to Japan for drills, assembly and paint jobs. But why China, YY has a huge factory in Taiwan, why don't they just do it there, I am sure the manufacturing cost there is not much higher than in the Mainland? Right?

It is very likely that this guy was just day dreaming about these 'facts' of YY, Victor and LiNing.

7. tsundere

tsundere Regular Member

i think it's very true...

8. epermana

epermana Regular Member

"Made in Japan" means the final product is finished in Japan regardless whether any/all of the components (handle, cone, stickers, decals, laser engraving etc) are made/done in China or any other country. If the origin of each component has to be stated, what about the origin of the raw materials that are used to make these components? It would be funny to have a handle with "Chopped in China" on it.

9. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

A very simple reason for not made in China.
    Yonex is very protective of their tech.
    They don't even let the distributor visit their local factory in Taiwan.
    Not to mention manufacturing parts of their top models in morally notorious China.

If they had manufactured the top models in China, there will be technically identical rackets all over the world within one month IMO.

10. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    some Canon cameras are made in Malaysia. but i still can see the made in Japan sticker?
    it is a normal practice. equipments will be made in other countries and send back to Japan for final QC check and stamp "Made in Japan". then, it will distribute out from Japan.

by the way, Li Ning rackets are Made in China and they are selling more expensive than Yonex. :mad::mad::mad:

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Please go to read the sticky thread first. :eek:

What you are referring are distribution code, has nothing to do with where the racket is made. All high end Yonex are made in Japan, but with tons of different distribution code, such as TW, US, SP, CH, CD, etc.

12. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Actually that is not true, because Apple products are made from a factory close to Shanghai, and the security there is similar to the security of the US mint facilities. It all depends on what sort of security measures the company deploys, and I'm sure Yonex probably will have pretty tight securities at their factory. As to being protective of their tech, I think badminton racket technology is probably not that high, and they don't need to actually go to the factory to find out what process they use to make rackets as reverse engineering in China is pretty good ;)

13. Deathsticks

Deathsticks Regular Member

wheres the proof?
    you can't just belive what some one types

14. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    I agree. Some people here in Asia also say that they have inside news saying that Rolex's bezels, cases and straps are OEM made in China. :crying:

15. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Who cares, final product goes through Japan factory where it is at least QC'd and that's all that matters. That being said, it's true Yonex has a factory in Japan...and if you see, nothing is made there but racquets and strings (shoes, shuttles, clothes and grip made in china or indonesia), so it's pretty obvious that racquets are made in Japan.

16. 6 woods

6 woods Regular Member

Job Job
    I guess every country has a rule that brand "made in xxx"
    (except China, you can put what ever country you like on the product.
    I purchase a DVD brand VCD before)

It has to be over X% (50%+) content local produce to qualify as make in that country.

Beside made in Japan, there is also the followings with less Japan
    content produce in one product.

Assembled in Japan

電子機器をはじめとする製品のなかには、主要構成部品を海外で製造し、ケースへの組み付けなど最終製品の組立てを日本で行う場合がある。この場合は「Made in Japan」と表記することはできず、代わりに「Manufactured in Thailand, Assembled in Japan」(タイ製造、日本組付の場合)のように表記するか、主要構成部品の製造国のみを記す。
    Made in Occupied Japan

MADE IN OCCUPIED JAPANと表示されたヘンミ計算尺
    第二次世界大戦後、GHQ統治下の日本では、輸出向け製品には"Made in Occupied Japan" (占領下日本製、の意)と表示することが義務付けられた。この表示が使われたのは、輸出貿易が再開された1947年ごろから主権回復を果たす1952年までの約5年間である。これらは必ずしも品質は高くないが、コレクターの間では「Occupied Japanもの」「MIOJもの」などと呼ばれ、特別な価値を持って取引されている。北米では人気が高い。陶器や玩具がよく知られているが、カメラや双眼鏡のような光学機器、計算尺のような製品もある。同様に旧枢軸国側のドイツでは西側占領下(1945-1955年)において"Made in U.S.Zone Germany"と表示された。

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Those who would know this preety well is the sponsored players themselves.Most of them have went to yonex factory in japan to see how the production goes.

18. weinsteinium

weinsteinium Regular Member

That made me laugh very hard! Thank you :)

19. W Norman

W Norman Regular Member

Quantity Surveyor
    Yup ! why so fuss about it, if I the product manufacturer's , of course i want the lower production cost , China is the place , The most importance thing is the quality standard / benchmark that set up by the manufacturer's is furnish by them . ha. ha there are not just Yonex go for China . there are a lot, lot others trusted international brand name being there. so being more open and free mentality.. Ps you know what , some pattern "adidas" polo shirt are knitted / finish in Cambodia , but still under label "Made in Singapore" it normal for international business. so be happy!

20. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people

I guess at the end of the day, you have to trust your own conscience (and of course, the manufacturer). I believe the high end Yonex rackets are made in Japan. The logic is, if they really want to boost their brand name and sales, they don't have to tell you that their lower end rackets are made in Taiwan and China or printing some like "designed in Japan".

I have no problem with Made in China products. I just despise those manufacturers who place their production line in countries with cheap labour to maximise thier profit. They sell these Made in China/Cambodia products the same prices as those which are Made in the USA/UK/Germany etc etc.

Honestly, I really have no doubt about the workmanship of Chinese people (I am Chinese, by the way). Just look at those art pieces/ china / paints in the old days. It is just down to the people's education these days (politically). :mad: