LCW whitewashed Taufik

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Indonesia Open 2009' started by bananakid, Jun 21, 2009.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I'm impressed with TH's improvement in fitness and stamina.The fact that TH can win three tough matches in a row against solid opponents is proof. TH had no chance against LCW in the final because LCW is so much fresher but more importantly, LCW now knows how to play TH, has no fear of him and is able to stay focussed in spite of a hostile crowd. Both are going great. TH is now highly motivated to win. LCW is more mature and independent in his thinking now. I'm happy for both and we lucky fans are in for more fantastic badminton.

2. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Ah yes, how could I forget? But then, they were team-mates, under the same stable, same boss. Sony and Taufik have different bosses now.

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, plus LCW is playing without Misbun's guidance.....for past few months...:D:D

still able to beat CJ....TH......and win title.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..believe TH has been training hard lately based on what?? on the scoreline??..personally, from what i watched, the scoreline didn't reflect much of what really happened out there. It was like LCW going 60 km/h and Taufik going 35 km/h. Even at the end of the match, when both LCW and Taufik shook hands and got a bit comfy, Taufik's expression was still at a lost. It's as if he thought to himself "Is it really over?"...
    ..the last part, that idea crossed my mind a bit. But then again, considering Sony hasn't been much of a bright spot lately, i wasn't surprised. I thought their match would've gone to rubber games.

Or maybe, just maybe, Taufik indeed had the stamina but entertained LCW in the MS Final and simply................................gifted the match to his best friend...heheh (i'm gonna so get run by the M'sian BCers)..:p;)

#44 ctjcad, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now the great X Ball has decided to show up at long last! :D

Confident pronouncements he has made. :eek:
    I just hope nobody's going to whitewash on a blank wall. :p

Care to wager again, Mr X Ball? :D

6. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

You will need to run from TH fans as well trying to pull a cooler.. I doubt TH was that generous. TH seems to have had a very very bad day.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^"Very very bad day" is an understatement..

..Taufik, simply, wasn't ready for the task..:eek:

#47 ctjcad, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  8. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Taufik is 30-31...
    And smoking is not doing his stamina any good.

9. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Nope, Taufik is 27. You should check his profile. Even the commentor state his age to be 27. But yeah, he might as well be 31 if he continue smoking

10. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

If you ask me, I think the others (LCW, Lindan, Gade) are already in their peak physical fitness since 2 year ago. To improve further, they will have to take steriods.

Taufik slowed down in term of reaction and that make it hard for him to defend against smashes. 4 years ago he had no problem with Lindan's smashes which is obviously faster than LCW, now different story.

I was checking out the China Master 07 matches between LCW and Taufik and whenever LCW did a similar smash almost down the line to his forehand, Taufik had no problem retriving it. In AE09 and IO09, he wasn't even fast enough to react.

11. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Well, both...

I think with the gap between the 2 players, TH will need to dig very very deep into himself to beat LCW. TH still pose a threat nevertheless but I think the general odds are more like 70-30.

TH committed a lot of errors (many of them unforced) and was too slow to return to defend. He only managed to pull one backhand smash and that went way out. Wasn't doing that well on his turf (the net) either although he did get a few winners from there. All his smashes were either too safe (well inside the court) or they went out.

LCW ran with the title once he started to rein in his errors and TH never quite stablised himself. LCW didn't even bother to contest that dubious line call.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    th is 2 year older than his OFFICIAL age;)

13. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hmm.. I believe LCW was as fit as he ever was in around June - Aug 2008. The way he obliterated every player except LHI on the way to the OG finals was totally impressive. I didn't get to see a single LD match but based on what I saw in TC2008 and all I've seen from LD, I was quite sure LCW would take the title.

LD in OG finals left me speechless. I watched the match in full 3 times. I've never seen LD as fast ever.

I do not buy the steriods theory but I believe the training has been timed so they will all peak during the OG. Similarly, the biggest event for China is SC so it will be interesting to see if the Chinese players peak again for WC.

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

That's true. TH's reaction is getting slower and slower. However, I suspect that he can get some improvement on this if he can find some good sparring partner. If he can do that, I believe he can be a real threat to LD and LCW again.

It is said that when preparing for OG08, LD often practised 1 vs 3, with FHF firing smashes after smashes toward him. No wonder he can retrieve most smashes easily when playing a regular 1 vs 1 game. :)

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Same impression here. LCW was quite impressive before the SF. I actually thought LCW should have slight edge over LD based on LCW's performance before QF and LD vs PG.

LD in OG final... It seems he didn't need any time to react, and his body didn't need any time to adjust. He moved in the right direction as soon as (if not earlier than) the birdie left LCW's racket. :eek:

Maybe LYB has found some new secret training method. Because LD was so much faster than himself in 06 WC and 07 WC final -- he must peaked in these events too.

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Judging from TH's recent performance, I doubt he can put up any surprise against the likes of LD or LCW. However, TH might be the only one no top MS player can really put into the "safe box", due to his amazing talent.

So, I will keep it as 99% no as for now. :p

17. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    X Ball....sell ur car and ur house, in fact sell anything and everything......support Dato!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I thot TH was too busy lately in reviewing and demoing new line of sport clothings.:D

I didn't get to watch SDK vs TH match so i can't say it was fixed or not but it seem lately, everyone is so generous: SDK gifting to TH, TH gifting to LCW. I guess they all want to play like lin dan:p

19. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    is that mean LCW whitewashed LD? :D

is getting bored with this kind thread.
    keep using the bleach.

nevertheless, i do wish Taufik can get back his bite.

20. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Dude, I'm not saying the players are taking steriod. I'm saying that they already reach the peak of their physical fitness and if they want to go any further (beyond normal human), then..........