BAM hires Hendrawan as coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by fantastic4, May 17, 2009.

1. scann

scann Regular Member

IT - Software
    But the tough decision already made. At least he has the chance to bring back the Thomas Cup next year for Malaysia. Imagine the awards he will receive. Citizenship, Perdana, House, and more $$$$. 5x become 500x. He made a right choice.

Attached Files:

2. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

i hope BAM will make a wise move to put the elite back up under Hendrawan especially players like Liew Daren, Tan CS, Chong Wei Fung and maybe Chan Kwong Beng. Ladies Single it will be good if Lydia Cheah is placed under him

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Maybe, we are comparing RM to rupees. Now jokes aside...let's be serious that with Hendrawan on board, MAS can shoot for TC next year, that would be wishful thinking:rolleyes:...Hendrawan is not gonna perform miracle like some kind of messiah to turn around the current batch of MAS MS players into superstars in one year...to win TC any team must beat CHN and CHN is so darn far ahead in terms of talent, etc...winning TC is not gonna happen unless of course you have XBall again making reckless predictions with his heart tattooed with a MAS flag;):D:pStill BAM has again done her part with deep pocket and that I applaud BAM for trying...to win TC next year, you need more than Hendrawan and Rexy, you need God's help:D

4. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I said before Sudirman started, the cup was engraved with CHN players' names and CHN went on undefeated...with TC still one year away, even with Hendrawan on board, I say the same thing i.e. TC is engraved with CHN players, only question is will BCL be in the lineup?...as for Uber, that is a foregone conclusion, everyone is playing bridesmaid. Of course I would like to be proven wrong and see MAS win, but not likely next year;)

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i really hope mas back up ms can improve more under him:rolleyes:
    whatever it is, the most important thing is still the player themselves, the coach is there just to give advice and tips;)

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

..well, ya know, i think Misbun wants to save the stress of losing his beautiful lush hair and as you know, Hendrawan's locks have basically disappeared...;)

Teasing aside, i do hope MAS & BAM's players will benefit from Hendrawan's presence & tutelage. At the very least, he'll expose those unknown weakness of INA players to the MAS players..;)

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Maybe he can become ' Dato' Hendrawan '.......:D:D:D

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errr, actually BAM said having Hendrawan is for 2012 OG preparations. (hopefully Hendrawan wouldnt run off after 2 yrs like some of his predecessors). I think Rashid said they hope to beef up the youngsters to qualify for 2012 OG- to accompany LCW lah, by then WCH, LTS, Hafiz,etc retired already.;)
    And of course to get someone that can take over from LCW after that.

Actually when I read the news, I was surprised cos BAM's supposed to be on tight budget, I thought they freeze all hiring.

9. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Maybe Malaysian gov't donate a little to BAM.
    Got enough cash to fly astronaut into outer space, why can't pay Hendrawan?
    Small matter la.:p

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    aiyaa ..The story's different now. You need to answer everything.. Every single penny la.

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I mean ah - When going for SUdirman CUp, BAM say cash strapped, cannot bring many2 players,they brought only 10. 1 got injured while battling, left 9 to battle, some battle 2 times in 1 day, can faint.:( THey say lack budget, players must go less tourneys this year, then....
    but perhaps you're right, maybe it came from "special allocation for urgent need" :p

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they always say 1 and do b,u dont know?:rolleyes:

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hendrawan has been around in INA for sometime. You do have a World Champ and an Olympic Gold medalist. AS for Malaysia, we have none yet. If when we have a world champ and a Gold medalist because of Hendrawan. He will be remembered as the Coach that delivers his goods. Yes i do agree that the glory will go to a certain player. But if Hendrawan is one of the main factors that deliver us the goods. We Malaysian will remember him for sure.

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Most expensive badminton coach i agree. And he is staying near Rexy's place too and that place cost a bomb as well. Im pretty sure he will make himself feel at home in Malaysia.

Hard decision yes, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Let go of something good for something GREAT.

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Thanks for correction Eagle, I must have read somewhere that the goal is to win TC next year in MAS...Then getting Hendrawan to prepare for the next generation of players to take over is a good move...I was thinking that to win TC next year, MAs would need a young Hendrawan and Rexy as players at their prime, not as coaches, LCW and need Ricky too (to play with Rexy), KKK/TBH and even then, it is neck to neck against the current CHN lineup, no guarantee of winning over CHN. TC next year is already owned by CHN.

#75 OneToughBirdie, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  16. cheekygen

cheekygen Regular Member

A pleasant surprise to hear that Hendrawan is being hired by BAM to revive the back-up squad after the overated coaches fail to do wonders to them but still selfishly keep the players to themselves. What's the difference now in hiring Hendrawan when Li Mao requested to coach 1/2 of the potential youngsters? Luckily Hendrawan has a good friend here to guide him through the politic 101 in BAM. Hiring the best coaches in the world is not going to solve the problem in the long term. They should examine the whole badminton development in the grass root level and also internally/external factors in the state associations & BAM.

Implementing coaching license in badminton and focusing on sport science is a sound plan but what is the use for educating the coaches in sport science for school, private and state level but not the national level? Isn't it contradicting with their purpose and intention when they hire a foreign coaches without the sports science knowledge? This is how the Malaysian brain works.

Having said that, I believe Hendrawan will make a difference to the men's team. According to NST, Hendrawan is the last resort -
    Good Luck to Hendrawan! Expect to handle some lesser talented players and do a miracle.

17. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    All the positives getting Hendrawan, salute to BAM for this move...except it costs reportedly oodles of $$$ to get him but then again, who ever said winning is cheap, you need to pay big to play with the big boys in the big leaque...now if only the govt leave them alone to do their thingie and the media/public give them time, and lots of prayers from MAS fans for a miracle...and to our INA neighbors, if Hendrawan works out, I am 100% very SURE MAS fans will thank you very muchy...and if INA find another TH and send him over to MAS, MAS will say a bigger thank you muchy muchy...hehehe!!!:D:p;)

18. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    sometimes money doesn't buy success

19. ants

ants Regular Member

I agree with you 100%. Its not the money that bring success.

20. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    if anyone still doubt this fact..Schevchenko, Robinho are among the flops in epl .......