New Karakal models

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, May 5, 2009.

1. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Karakal's range of 11 rackets for 2009 includes a pair of new additions, the Tour GEL and Tour Lite GEL. Both rackets feature Karakal's new Superlight High Impact Dispersion Nano Titanium Gel, which is designed to disperse impact over the entire racket frame.

Source:
    http://content.yudu.com/A15qh0/SGBSportsOutMar09/resources/24.htm

2. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

OMG i've been wating so long for the new range to come out, any idea when these will come on sale? Is there anywhere with the full listing of the new range... specifically i'm interested in the m-tec 70, if they don't bring out a new one i'll be a little angsty :)

3. yeeah

yeeah Regular Member

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

#4 jerby, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
  5. kittiya

kittiya Regular Member

any specs for the the Tour GEL and Tour Lite GEL please

6. jerby

jerby Regular Member

tour lite: 84grams, isometric, supposedly 675mm long, frame thickness is 10-10.5 (almost same as mtec70, according to catalogue)
    tour gel: same, only 86grams

Although I have some doubts about those frame thickness thing: comparing the 08 and 09 catalogue's
    Mtec 70: 9,8-10,5 in 2008 and 9,8-10,5 in 2009
    Mtec 75: 9,8-11,1 in 2008 and 10-11,5 in 2009
    Mtec 80: 10,8-11,5 in 08 discontinued
    Mtec 85: 11,8-13 in 2008 discontinued
    SL70: 10-10,7 in 08 and 10-10,7 in 09
    SL80: 13-12 in 08 and 13-12 in 09

Firstly, the new mt75 is a tattoo, so did they use the mtec80Tattoo-frame for the new 75? (the thicker aero-shaped instead of the thin box-shape)
    Did they change the specs for the mtec75?
    Second, a frame that's thinnest at 10mm and then gets a full 1,5mm thicker, is that even possible for a racket? It's a pretty big difference when you see the rest mostly has a 0.7 spread, with a max for 1,2mm with the mt85...

And Finally, how come the "heavy" Tour Gel rackets have such thing frame? You'd think they'd be thicker, like the mtec80/85 (side note, maybe depleted uranium is an option ;):eek:)

#6 jerby, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
  7. jerby

jerby Regular Member

So, yesterday my reseller showed me the new models, all 6 of them..where to start:

The Mtec70 doesn't have the flexcap anymore, for reasons unknown...but the racket is gorgeous!
    The mtec75 is not thicker or thinner than it's predecessor, just a typo in one of the catalogues, what you don't see on the official photo's: it's a glossy paint! (which looks stunning)
    The SL70 looks funny, one side is red, the other blue (I first thought both insides were blue, and both outsides red, but no:p) the SL80 looks good, but that frame is very very thick!

The tour gels are somewhat in the same weightclass as the mtec80 and 85, so good replacements if you ask me. and the frame thickness stuff is probably correct, the frames were pretty slim.

8. jafffa

jafffa Regular Member

9. jerby

jerby Regular Member

no pictures, sorry

the flexcap is that tiny please of transparant plastic between the cone/cap and the shaft.
    It is supposed to allow the shaft to flex better, or something like that. like I said for reasons unknown (even to the distributor) the didn't put it in the 70-rackets.
    As far as I can tell on my rackets, there's no notable difference with or without a cap... It's just a gimmick

Please describe what you mean by 'inferior'...I have no idea how an identical racket without a tiny gimmick can become 'inferior'...

10. cyrusso

cyrusso New Member

high skool kid
    does anyone know the shaft length of SL-70 and M-Tec 70 gel? and also wht's the difference between them besides material? since they weight the same...i suppose material doesn't realli matter? and they both have gel as well...

11. jerby

jerby Regular Member

the difference is the head shape: the sl is an oval (like the old yonex carbonex's) whiel the Mtec is isometric, pretty much todays standard.

12. Jim_80

Jim_80 Regular Member

Can anyone give any feedback on the new Gel models vs last year's equivalents.

I love my SL-70 and I'm wondering how the Gel is different.

13. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

The new Tour rackets are updated on the Karakal website. They look really good :)

14. cyrusso

cyrusso New Member

high skool kid
    thx a lot...one more question though =D
    just wonna noe their their spec on shaft plz xD length and stiffness thx