Football 2008/2009

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by george@chongwei, May 24, 2008.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    For Me barca are the least tactical team......against Chelsea they were blunted. Cech had no save to make, they learnt nothing from there first leg blank. A tactical team would have changed.Henry may make a difference, but he is another creative player.

On last nights performace they should be glad Alves isn't playing..........

Like you say Barca have no defence, but for me Man U have the best defence, and attack in the world. The midfield is in the top 3. You shouldn't get too excited however. Iniesta & Xavi are not young, how come it is now everyone thinks they are awesome. I say they are just in low quality league.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

- IMO, it's a bit early to say ManU will blow away Barca. On the other hand, with all of those factors in place & the talents possessed by ManU, i would be surprised if ManU don't blow away Barca, say with a 4-0 or 5-0 score line.

- Petr Cech did miss saving/deflecting that tying shot by a couple or so inches off his fingertips..That was a great setup and the guy had a clear shot though..

- I didn't know they would show the game at the restaurant i was eating at. Just so happened i was eating there and they showed the game. Maybe a bit of coincidence. Was it exciting? Not really, but thank goodness it did towards the end.
    The only thing missing from the broadcast was the ever so popular GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLL scream>>pump up the volume (by Andres Cantor):cool:

- Couple of things i think would improve the appeal of footie, at least for those in N.A.: One is they should get rid off the Offside penalty. IMO, that's such a passive rule & in a way put a bit of hindrance on the attacking side of footie. I mean imagine without the Offside rule, the game would be so much more exciting and high scoring (perhaps that's partly the reason it's not so popular esp. in N.A.). It would even put more emphasis on the importance of speed, defense & being alert. And the second one, they should allow more penalty scoring chances. Say if a team makes 3 infractions in a half, then the other team will have a chance at kicking a free penalty shot. More scoring, more excitement.:cool:

#1582 ctjcad, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
  3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

just watch more of la liga;) or watch back the match between real madrid and barca where the match ended with barca won the match 6-2;):cool:

4. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    the refree spolilts it........i can feel the frustartation of Chelsea players.......

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well,for me,mu and barca is EQUALLY brilliant in attack,mu can show superior in match but may not end up as goalsss(like mu vs arsenal 1st leh in cl semis)
    barca can show the superior in goal different at the end of game.regardless vs who(real madrid/bayern or who,except those tat put 11 players behind the ball:rolleyes:)
    when vidic,rio and van der sar is on form,they are the best defence u can get(atleast for me)so i agree tat u say mu hav the best defence.

6. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    you can talk what ever you want since Chelsea is out of competition.. even though negative is unpopoluar & discouraging but still it's a tactic so who cares ?? is it illegal no ...so what the fuss ?? does this mean only Man U can play attractive football i would rather watch Arsenal play more than Man U , the only lacking point in Arsenal team is experience so don't be too cocky.... now Barcelona have the chance to stop a ambitions by a team who call themselves devil

7. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    man u are gonna walk barca they have half their defence missing.

clearly the best attacking force in the world when they all play together..

berbatov, tevez, rooney, ronaldo, anderson ---- i think im about to orgasm :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    try to be mature:rolleyes:
    i didnt be a bad loser when mu lost to spur:rolleyes:
    yes,i agree arsenal can play fantastic football but it cant win the title;)
    who being cocky here?

hope to see the most exciting match this season,the final of cl,the best of the world,barca vs mu:)

9. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    Obviously I think Arsenal should be in the final, but if they can't be I would prefer to see a ManU v Barca final. I feel sorry for Chelsea but the fact is that they couldn't score a second goal even against 10 men. Overall, I think the best teams went through.

One thing that made me laugh was the way Drogba was limping around and then got substituted only for him to be saying he was Ok. His play-acting was so good he faked out his own manager! I hope he learns a lesson from that.

10. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    & his career in Chelsea is about to end soon....maybe you forgot Mu 5 spurs 2 ......but the most ridicolous part of alll the recruit of a man who wears the No.9 shirt who scores lesser goals then No.32 & yet he get to play more ,.. i hope the No.32 will join a club where threy really apperciate his controbution ...

11. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Palacios brother feared murdered

Tottenham's Wilson Palacios has returned to his native Honduras after the discovery of a dead body, believed to be his kidnapped younger brother.

Edwin Palacios, 16, has been held captive for ransom since October 2007.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said Palacios left Spurs' team hotel in Liverpool at 0700 BST before the 0-0 Everton draw.

"The lad had heard from his family at one in the morning what had happened, and his brothers, I believe, have identified the body," he said.

"He sat around the hotel lobby with his case packed until 7am because he didn't want to wake me.

"I'm amazed with him. But we organised for him to be driven back to London so he could get a flight home."

Edwin, the youngest of five football-playing brothers, was seized by armed kidnappers from his home in the coastal town of La Ceiba following Wilson's move to Birmingham City in August 2007.

Honduran police say the Palacios family paid a ransom of $500,000 (£331,500) but the teenager was not released.

And the chief of police in Honduras suspected the body found 150 miles north of the capital Tegucigalpa was that of the teenager.

"According to all the evidence provided to the police, we think the bones are those of the young person, Palacios," said Nelson Osorio.

"The forensic doctors working in the public prosecutors office will analyse the remains and we don't know how long the process will take."

Palacios, 24, signed for £12m from Wigan in January, has been singled out for praise from former boss Steve Bruce as well as Redknapp for his dedication during his personal turmoil.

"He's a wonderful lad and if his brother was anything like him, he's one of the most respectful people I have come across, he's unbelievable," said Redknapp.

"His mother's been over visiting him on her first visit to England. And she left on Friday and is flying back home so she's travelling and won't know until she got home. I think it's been confirmed.

"You couldn't wish for a more calm and likeable lad, football is not really that important after this."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8042102.stm

---

Thorough professional; I'd imagine Harry Redknapp wouldn't mind a single bit to be woken up at 1am at a situation like this.

Poor guy. :(

12. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    shocking violence throughout the world. jermaine defoe's half brother too. so sad.

13. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    it's sad to hear this kind of news.....

14. george@chongwei

lol, real madrid got trashed 0-3 by Valencia yesterday.
    the title will be barca's! hehe

15. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    la kena bantai lagi ?????? nan i de suka ? Ramos prepared to 'bungkus " (pack your bag )

16. george@chongwei

that's right. the next one to pack their bag out from santiago bernabeu;)

17. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    will Wenger consider a switch to La Liga ??

18. george@chongwei

the answer is A BIG NO.

19. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    So quick, george ~ hehe

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the titles already have owner for this season:)