Help.. My MP 77...

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Brebeufian, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Brebeufian

Brebeufian New Member

I just bought a MP 77 and its been a week since i had it. The problem is, i feel my Raquet (MP 77, 2U 22lbs) is heavy for me... i tried my friends mp 24, it was awsomely light... Also it doesnt smash as hard as i thought it would.... as suggestions on what i could do with it? Should i replace it with a 3U or have some money back and get a 33 mp?

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

It's probably because your not swinging it fast enough or you haven't gotten used to it though. So give it a chance...

3. Brebeufian

Brebeufian New Member

do you think i should try out a 3U and see the difference?

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    It's like when you go to store and buy clothes. The Large might be too big for you, ans so, you might want to try medium and see if it fits better. It's more like a common sense.

If 2U is too heavy for you, then try the 3U, which is lighter than 2U.

5. |BLAI|

|BLAI| Regular Member

wen u get mp33
    can u post a review about it?
    cause i'm really interested in it also

6. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i think there are already a few posts regarding this racket. try doing a serch for these.

7. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

Brebeufian,

for your situation, i really agree with some of the other comments above. perhaps try the 3u out, it is lighter and that might be just what you're looking for. However, I don't know about the return policy of the store you bought the racket from; so if you plan on taking it back, make sure you do it ASAP.

there is another theory..like Joseph mentioned, you probably just aren't used to the 2u version of the racket. I remember buying my mp99 2u..i'll admit that i wasn't too satisfied with it at first..but after a few weeks, i really got my control and power mastered with it.

8. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

I was about to sell my MP77, it felt heavy and dull.
    I changed the string to thinner one bg66 and trimmed the handle and it felt
    less heavy but head-heavy and more explosive. better wrist snap is achieved.

The G4 on it was too thick, getting a g5 or a 3U will be better

9. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

I'd say jus get use to it...u only had it for a week or so, when i get my Ti-3 light, it wasn't really great @ all.....but then nowwww i Love it ^^, jus give it time,
    its jus like walking, u don't start off standing on two feet and walking......it takes steps and procedures

10. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

hi

i undertsnad how u feel.. i also had this problem with my mp77 initially.. now i find it ok and its fine for me.. i used to have ti-10 U MUst get used to it.. now i find it abit powerless cos of bg65 hehehe.. But u must do more weights and work on your hand muscles.. U can do it.