YY Nanospeed 9900 vs. YY Nanospeed 9000 Type-X

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by XLR88, Feb 27, 2009.

1. XLR88

XLR88 Regular Member

Student
    Well i normally use the Yonex Nanospeed 9000 Type-X but i liked the Nanospeed 8000 also but the 9000 just had more power n great control but since after lookin at the 9000 and the 8000 the 9000 is aero frame and the 8000 is aero but a little on the box side but i see that the 9900 looks the same as the 8000 in terms of the shape of the frame.

I would like to know if the 9900 will play similar to the 8000 or it will play more similar to to the NS 9000 Type-X.

The 9000 has Elastic-Ti® i tink which give it the whipping effect.
    but the 9900 has X-fullerene on the composition of the head will this make it play similar to the 8000 while the 9000 has the whipping effect because og the Elastic-Ti®.:D

2. shot3gun

shot3gun Regular Member

Well according to ants's review, the NS9900 also has Elastic-Ti. It would probably play more like the 9000x because it's probably just the more 'durable' version (due to x-fullerene)

3. XLR88

XLR88 Regular Member

Student
    But according to offical releases it doesnt!

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    My guess is that the NS9900 is a NS9000X with better durability and a different pain job.

5. Zero_Cool

Zero_Cool Regular Member

badminton
    You read my mind...!!!
    Well done..!!!:p:p:D:D:D

6. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Wow, that is exciting, it's got 2U as well!! But don't know about the availability. I have been looking for a 2U Arc10 in HK without any luck.

7. oldkaki

oldkaki New Member

Hi Guys, I had both NS9k and NS9.9k. I do not know about the material compound and what effect that it gives. But I do know that when I strung my NS9k with BG66 at 26lbs, the rackets tend to bounce back to my arms. So I stick to 25lbs which gives even feeling. On my NS9.9k, I used the same string and strung at 27lbs. To my suprise, it is even better than NS9K. It's very powerful for smashing (no rebounce effect) and very tender playing at the nets.

8. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Sounds like a good racket.

I am still deciding between an Arc 10 and the NS9.9k.

9. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

I strung my ns9.9k with BG66sharp at 27lbs.
    Wonderful control but arm gets sore after playing 2 straight days (6 + 3 hours).
    It feels stiffer than the Ti-10 strung using the same string and tension. Hence the sore arm.

There's quite a bit of vibration though after playing a while it's really noticeable. Anyone else got the same feeling???

10. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Yup, mine was strung with NBG98 @ 26lbs. First few strokes was fine, but when smashing or clearing back to back, felt some vibration. Probably its the string tension, not the racquet.

I have a 2UG5, but have borrowed a 3UG5 [Tension about 24lbs] for comparison, the 3UG5 felt easier to play with, lighter and has more 'whip' effect. [Confounded by - 2lbs string tension]

The 2UG5 felt like a stiffer version of Ti-10, and rather head heavier than 3UG5, that's my feeling.

I still prefer NS9000X right now, but may change once I used NS9900 more and more.

#10 Badmintan, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  11. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

2 lbs can really make quite a difference i think. When i first jumped from 25 lbs to 27 lbs, soreness came back to my arm with the Ti-10....for about a week or so.
    Now with ns9900, it's even more sore. But I think the soreness moved up to my upper arm, more towards the elbow.
    Just shows that it's stiffer than Ti-10 i guess.
    I'm using 3u version btw.

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Personally I think it is more similar to the feel of an improved NS8K than NS9K-X . but that is my 2 cents..

/Twobeer

13. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Very true.

From Yonex Website:

Flex:
    Extra Stiff

Composition (Frame):
    H.M. Graphite, X-Fullerene

Composition (Shaft):
    H.M. Graphite, Fullerene

Weight/Grip size:
    3U (85.0-89.9 g) / G3, 4, 5
    2U (90.0-94.9 g) / G3, 4, 5

Technologies: X-Fullerene, Isometric, Built in T-joint, Nanoscale Fullerene, C.S. Cap.

Looks like a souped up NS8000 rather than NS9000. No GumMetal :(

The grommets and stringing pass is similar to Arcsaber 10 & has a slim head design with modified CS cap.

14. otterfun

otterfun Regular Member

financial analyst
    cousin bought the 9900 today strung w/NBG 98 at 25Lb. One note : top is box frame and bottom is aero frame. cannot wait to see what it can do compared to my 900P and 900T.

15. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Sorry nice girl, you might be disappointed.
    From what I have seen so far, people likes AT does not like NS9900.

16. Yfever

Yfever Regular Member

i recently got a 9900. its similar to the 9000X but much more forgiving & easier to handle. its the 1st time in 4 years that im seriously considering switching rackets. by the way, im a long time user of the AT700...

17. tomdotcom

tomdotcom New Member

I had my first session with a new SP NS9900 last night (3UG5 strung with BG-80 @ 24lbs), and compared to my MP100 it is much stiffer, but upon aggressive smashing, repulsion power seems to be higher (more powerful). My first nanospeed racquet, but in fact the swinging speed has improved tremendously (noticeable!), allowing for faster reaction time. I am using 1 layer of Yonex Clean Grap, and find the racquet to be very even balanced. Last night was doubles night and through-out the 3 hours, I was able to block more smashes than usual (again very noticeable). Back-court smashes also seems more powerful (shuttle started slowing down ONLY at opponents midcourt).

18. madex

madex Regular Member

I've been using for 6 hours (2 hours per session). Mine is 3U G5, strings BG66 tension at 26lbs (jump from my normal 23lbs on my previous Hypercarbon 9.0 and Arcsaber 7).

Nearly felt regret for the half an hour becoz i thought 26lbs tension is too much for me. But next hours and so far, the racket ITS MENTAL!:eek:..... the speed and power its so consistent and easy for my skinny body (178 cm tall and 57kg weight). Secondly, the reflex and direction is more pointy. Feel quite good too although its extra stiff.

This is first yonex that i bought myself and most expensive. I must say no regret. My only small problem now is to control the power becoz sometime i tend to overshoot to the based line. But when i just wanted to slow it down a bit, its half court. Probably, sooner i will get used to harder tension with smaller sweet spot.

19. ice_dragon

ice_dragon Regular Member

Student
    sorry if im posting on the wron thread, Im currently using NS9Ks 2u after my 3u NS9kx broke.

my uncle is recommending me to get the NS9.9k but i dont know whether to get the 2u or 3u.

and will there be much difference?

thanks