Point of balance / Headheaviness

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fwvagabond, Dec 12, 2003.

1. fwvagabond

fwvagabond Regular Member

Programmer
    Hi,

how do you determine if a racquet is headheavy?

I measure the entire length of this racquet, then find its point of balance (from the end of the grip; with string). And then what? I mean, is there any ratio of point of balance/total length for balanced or headheavy racquets?

For example, this one racquet that I measure has a total length of 66.7 and a point of balance of 32.3 cm. How do I know if it is headheavy or balanced?

2. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

this isn't a "100% accurate" method...but if you want to see if the racket is somewhat head heavy, just place the midpoint of the racket on one of your fingers and see if the head will tilt. :confused: :p

3. ptang777

ptang777 Regular Member

I think anywhere around 285-290mm is considered balanced. Anything more is head heavy anything less is head light. My Forza Kevlar 600 CF has a balance point of 284mm and is 668mm long. It feels a bit on the head light to balanced side. On the other hand, my Yonex Armortec 500 has a balance point of 303mm and 675mm long. This is with strings and overgrip.