Anyone going to Hyderabad for the 2009 WC?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by cooler, Dec 9, 2005.

1. don126

don126 Regular Member

none
    was going to go am being told by our gov its not safe to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why dont bwf move it for everyones piece of mind

2. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    It's their job to say that, if only to show they are responsible govts and have discharged their responsibility.

I can say that if it were Mumbai, Delhi or anyway in North India, I would have concerns too.

Security measures in Indian port of entries now are even tighter than the ones in Malaysia.

Within the stadium complex, security was improved on a daily basis, tracker dogs and gun totting guards deployed within the arena.

Let's wait for further developments before we pass judgement.

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I have a constitution like LCW (no, not really, only 1/10 of what he is :D) but I will have the same problem as LCW with curry and dal if it has lots of stratococchi's (I think that is the word).

So I will take a 'rain cheque' on this tournament.:)

4. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

Ran all the info on this thread through an Indian ex-colleague of mine ((idk if he is from Hyderabad but he seems to know enough!) :
    True, but he said, it's mostly non-serious kids coming in to watch and they don't really stick till the end of matches....or something like that. He meant that viewing it wouldn't be a problem.
    But ahem I think it would be a little chaotic with the crowds and all!

In the heat? You must be joking :p...the subway stop is not really very close to the venue. hopefully there would be Tuk-tuks or a/c cabs....

oh you know them...nodding heads, too much enthusiasm when they speak/tones etc..lol no offense meant :)

just like in malaysia or thailand, like your night bazaars, there is probably a lot of street food. avoid it and look for a decent hotel!

where u at? i'm not in LA anymore but there indeed are awesome places (the ones in sf suck!). so good and a little expensive that at anytime there are more non-asians than indians lol. and according to my friends, that is good... cos that means they cook healthy, are moderate with the spices and pipe down on the cooking oil thing...

Chong Wei'd probably get robbed if he carries that kinda 'fancy' stuff over there lol jk! ;)

My sources say there are lots of fake companies bottling water with fake brandnames and labels (thanks to corruption and stuff) that get busted reglarly but new ones keep springing up.. so i'd still be a little wary and drink only from the best brand/buy in bulk from the local dealer and get it delivered directly to my hotel room...

Regd security, it's not all that bad methinks.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Perhaps not sport(not big scale anyway) but normal tourists or visitors to India for sure have been effected by this food poisoning thingy. Indian food in Msia & Spore it seems is 'different' from the original Indian food in India, esp the spices.;);)

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    A tourist's inability to adapt to local food is NOT food 'poisoining'.
    Quite simply, Lee Chong Wei couldn't stomach the spicier fare :)

7. jaydee

jaydee Regular Member

Not food poisoning?.. hmm.. you can call up the newspaper to get them to change their writeups lmfao..
    If I were you I just don't give a f.. they can write what they want... nobody knows the truth lol..

In general I have many friend's and colleagues telling me the same thing.... If you're not 'stomach strong'... you'll tend to get this when eating out there..... :D

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..if i'm a tourist or someone going to watch the WC this yr, i'd worry a bit more on security than the type of foods i'll be chowing down..I'm sure there are Pizza Huts, McDs, KFCs and the likes in Hyderabad..:p:cool:
    Off Topic: I'm in L.A., but way on the east side of downtown area.:p
    L.A. area is too big of a place, so I'm sure there are hundreds of Indian restaurants. I prefer to look for Indian buffet places. There's one in downtown Pasadena. Lunch buffet's price is reasonable and they'll fill you up...oh maaan, that curry dish...:p
    If one wants a real, authentic & very strong Indian food in the L.A. area, there are a few establishments also..:p

#68 ctjcad, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

But you are assuming he is not adapting to the food. LCW had Delhi belly.:D

'The medical term for food poisoning is gastroenteritis - known more commonly as Delhi belly, Montezuma's revenge or Torremolinos trots - and it's the commonest health problem to strike travellers abroad. Up to half of those visiting tropical regions are affected. Visitors to India are most at risk..' --- reference : http://www.ivillage.co.uk/health/ghealth/firstaid/articles/0,12709,181036_587910-1,00.html

#69 X Ball, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I loooove indian food, especially banana leaf rice :p and it taste better if you eat with your hands rather than fork n spoon :p

As for the coming WC, look at the positve side, if LCW is shown the exit at least there is the handy old food poisoning route to take ;).

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think it depends how you are brought up - for me, I will stick to the fork and spoon and it tastes the same.

LCW will not lose -- he is taking his tau-pows from malaysia with him.;)

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

then if chong wei really won the wc, he will just blame the hot and spicy food there that boost him up to victory:D;)

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

For me, if I go to Jake's Charbroiled I will use fork n knife to eat my steak.

If I am at Jalan 222 @PJ for hokkien mee, I will use chopsticks instead to dig in my hokkien mee (but I will remove the pork :D)

If I go to Overseas Restaurant @ Jln Imbi, I will use chopsticks and have my rice in a bowl.

If I go to Raju Banana Leaf restaurant @PJ (next to La Salle PJ), I prefer to use my hands to dig in and really enjoy the full course.

If I am at home, clad in my sarong I sometimes uses fork and spoon / my hands to eat my meals.

LCW, come the WC ought to pack a few packets of bak kut teh along to India.

Attached Files:

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmm..^^

..you do use your (clean) hands to eat @ McD, right??..:confused: ;)

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Not too sure about that. The WC is no SO or Johor/Penang Open, you know.

And furthermore, it is tough to play in India. I mean the hotel food sucks. The restaurants outside the hotel cant be depended to serve quality and clean meals. Match officials are poor and maybe 'biased'. Inflight meals may not be clean as well. The LYB's factor. IBF maybe ought to change the venue of the WC to LCW's bedroom, this way food will no longer be an issue for LCW as his momma can cook for him daily etc.

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

[​IMG] Is this the unsuspecting 'Delhi belly' burger that LCW had that put paid to his chances in Hyderabad ? :D

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well, honestly I have been to McD after playing futsal a few times and I never washed my hands. They serve great cheeseburger there :p

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    That first day on Friday, I walked to stadium from my apartment. Missed a turn, so a 4 km walk became 6 km. Still managed to arrive on time but only just.

But after looking at the surroundings, I will shift base further to HITEC City for easier access to food. And public transport will be much welcomed. Incidentally Gachibowli is cooler than Kuala Lumpur.

19. Gamerx

Gamerx Regular Member

Education
    So anyone planning on going to see the 2009 WC at India?!?:confused::D

20. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Regular Member

Yay! I'll be there for the finals weekend of 2009 WC. Hope to see some of you guys! :D