Friday night feather in GTA

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by GT0ro, Jan 29, 2009.

1. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

2. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    guess i'll drop by too to check the place out...=P

3. Amoz-mmo

Amoz-mmo Regular Member

any updates on the place dude?

4. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    went to the one at thornlea SS, the place is nice, floor is a bit dusty, but it's normal, just wipe the dust off your shoes and keep playing...
    lighting is not bad, some courts have some wind current for some reason so shuttles have extra speed....
    level ranges from beginners to intermediate-advanced, for $4 i say it's worth it.

5. Amoz-mmo

Amoz-mmo Regular Member

Thx deadman85 will drop by tomorrow and friday.

6. daddxd

daddxd Regular Member

We are playing in the 3-court gym in that school which is for advanced players, instead of the 4-court one. The truth is $10 drop-in fee is not cheap, so forget this place if you have no much interest in badminton. And joining in as a member is a cost-saving way. Another truth is the courts we are playing are quiet satisfying to all of us. I am afraid we are talking about different gyms, Or maybe the courts are still clean on Tuesday we play but become dusty when you guys use on Friday. Anyway, all our badminton friends playing here are not fresh birds and played in quiet a few courts in different places (club gyms and school gyms) before. We feel good with this place.

#46 daddxd, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  7. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

is the 3-court gym connected to the 4-court gym? i never knew there was a 3 court gym in that school... i've only played in the 4-court gym. where exactly is the 3 court gym? anyways, how many players do you have sharing the 3 courts? and are you guys B and C players?

8. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

i went but got there late at around 8:45pm... haha, i took a peek and thought there was too many people so i left... lol

the monday session at richmond hill SS is a lot emptier... but richmond hill ss is far. haha

9. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

What age group are the players there? And I think you need a member to bring you in as a guest?

Side note, anybody from the Summer Camps play there? I recognize a friend in the picture! lol

10. daddxd

daddxd Regular Member

I am doubting if we are talking about the same high school. http://www.ibctoronto.com/mb/. Anyway, come to the high school's main entry and then turn right, you should find the gym where we are. If you have taken William's training classes, you should know that 3-court gym.

BTW, we are adult players not student.

11. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

i recognize the school and gym in the first couple of 2008 summer camp pictures posted by William. Saint Roberts just south of the 407 and on Leslie. or am i mistaken and it's another school? i don't know much about st.robs. i only play there recreationally on fridays in a 4-court gym. the same gym in the 2008 summer camp pictures.

12. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

and i'm sorry about asking so many questions like gym condition and age... i've been mislead a couple of times on badmintoncentral.com... been to a place where the courts are too short and walked into a place where it was all kids... lol